Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to read and Split a file? Post 302885535 by Akshay Hegde on Monday 27th of January 2014 09:03:39 AM
Old 01-27-2014
Show us your sample input and expected output.
This User Gave Thanks to Akshay Hegde For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Split a file with no pattern -- Split, Csplit, Awk

I have gone through all the threads in the forum and tested out different things. I am trying to split a 3GB file into multiple files. Some files are even larger than this. For example: split -l 3000000 filename.txt This is very slow and it splits the file with 3 million records in each... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhunk
10 Replies

2. Programming

Cannot read a file with read(fd, buffer, buffersize) function

# include <stdio.h> # include <fcntl.h> # include <stdlib.h> # include <sys/stat.h> int main(int argc, char *argv) { int fRead, fPadded, padVal; int btRead; int BUFFSIZE = 512; char buff; if (argc != 4) { printf ("Please provide all of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naranja18she
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP read large string & split in multidimensional arrays & assign fieldnames & write into MYSQL

Hi, I hope the title does not scare people to look into this thread but it describes roughly what I'm trying to do. I need a solution in PHP. I'm a programming beginner, so it might be that the approach to solve this, might be easier to solve with an other approach of someone else, so if you... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Writing awk script to read csv files and split them

Hi Here is my script that calls my awk script #!/bin/bash set -x dir="/var/local/dsx/csv" testfile="$testfile" while getopts " f: " option do case $option in f ) testfile="$OPTARG";; esac; done ./scriptFile --testfile=$testfile >> $dir/$testfile.csv It calls my awk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ladyAnne
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

When reading a csv file, counter to read 20 lines and wait for minute then read next 20 till end

Hello All, i am a newbie and need some help when reading a csv file in a bourne shell script. I want to read 10 lines, then wait for a minute and then do a reading of another 10 lines and so on in the same way. I want to do this till the end of file. Any inputs are appreciated ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: victor.s
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split File by Pattern with File Names in Source File... Awk?

Hi all, I'm pretty new to Shell scripting and I need some help to split a source text file into multiple files. The source has a row with pattern where the file needs to be split, and the pattern row also contains the file name of the destination for that specific piece. Here is an example: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cul8er
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read from file and execute the read command

Hi, I am facing issues with the below: I have a lookup file say lookup.lkp.This lookup.lkp file contains strings delimited by comma(,). Now i want to read this command from file and execute it. So my code below is : Contents in the lookup.lkp file is : c_e,m,a,`cd $BOX | ls cef_*|tail... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vital_parsley
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a File line by line and split into array word by word

Hi All, Hope you guys had a wonderful weekend I have a scenario where in which I have to read a file line by line and check for few words before redirecting to a file I have searched the forum but,either those answers dint work (perhaps because of my wrong under standing of how IFS... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kingcobra
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read from file and split varialble

Hello Experts, Can anybody assist me in writing a code to do the following: I have a file present in the same directory from where this cod would run. The content of the file would be as below: Config Filename: config_details.txt Format: Server_prefix,IP_of_server,username, password,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chetanojha
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Read Table in file and split

HELLO I need your help please , i need to read a file that contain a table like : Name | Status ------------------ DB 1 | UP DB 2 | UP DB 3 | DOWN DB 4 | UP DB 5 | UP the objective to read each line and check if DB is UP or Down and give me the name of Down database.... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abdellah
10 Replies
SoXI(1) 							  Sound eXchange							   SoXI(1)

NAME
SoXI - Sound eXchange Information, display sound file metadata SYNOPSIS
soxi [-V[level]] [-T] [-t|-r|-c|-s|-d|-D|-b|-B|-e|-a] infile1 ... DESCRIPTION
Displays information from the header of a given audio file or files. Supported audio file types are listed and described in soxformat(7). Note however, that soxi is intended for use only with audio files with a self-describing header. By default, as much information as is available is shown. An option may be given to select just a single piece of information (perhaps for use in a script or batch-file). OPTIONS
-V Set verbosity. See sox(1) for details. -T Used with multiple files; changes the behaviour of -s, -d and -D to display the total across all given files. Note that when used with -s with files with different sampling rates, this is of questionable value. -t Show detected file-type. -r Show sample-rate. -c Show number of channels. -s Show number of samples (0 if unavailable). -d Show duration in hours, minutes and seconds (0 if unavailable). Equivalent to number of samples divided by the sample-rate. -D Show duration in seconds (0 if unavailable). -b Show number of bits per sample. -B Show the bitrate averaged over the whole file (0 if unavailable). -e Show the name of the audio encoding. -a Show file comments (annotations) if available. BUGS
Please report any bugs found in this version of SoX to the mailing list (sox-users@lists.sourceforge.net). SEE ALSO
sox(1), soxformat(7), libsox(3) The SoX web site at http://sox.sourceforge.net LICENSE
Copyright 2008-9 by Chris Bagwell and SoX Contributors. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. AUTHORS
Chris Bagwell (cbagwell@users.sourceforge.net). Other authors and contributors are listed in the ChangeLog file that is distributed with the source code. soxi June 14, 2009 SoXI(1)