Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Running program from local install? Post 302885515 by bartus11 on Monday 27th of January 2014 07:20:09 AM
Old 01-27-2014
Do you know in what path is the local installation stored?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Install MySQL connector without local SQL database

Hello UNIX gurus, I need to install the mysql odbc connector with unixODBC on my AIX 5.3 machine. I have a mySQL database running on another server (Ubuntu 7.04). The SQL database works fine. The problem I am having is when trying to run ./configure for mysql-connector-odbc it seems to be looking... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raidzero
1 Replies

2. Gentoo

Install over local network

hello all, anyone can point to some good basic tutorial/howto (independent, not specific to any distro) about how to install linux over LAN from one PC with working linux distro to another PC without cdrom and floppy-just over LAN? Thanks in advance ! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vampirex
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

running command remotely to populate local variable

If I run this # ssh remote-server 'du -sk /usr/platform/`uname -i`/' 174 /usr/platform/SUNW,Sun-Fire-V245 I get my output just fine, However, if i try to do the same but populate a local variable within my script called for example 'result' #!/bin/ksh result=`ssh remote-server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Adding a filesystem to a running local zone

Is there a way to mount a filesystem from the global zone to the local zone without rebooting the local zone? I'm using a lofs filesystem.. any help is appreciated! thanks.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
4 Replies

5. Solaris

install jre in local zone

How can I install a new version of jre on a local zone? Since /usr is not writable in a local zone)? pls advise solaris10 sparc ---------- Post updated at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:34 PM ---------- jdk6 i mean (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running local script remotely with arguments in ksh

When i use ssh command to execute local script on remote server , I am unable to do it. Please let me know how this can be done in ksh req=abc dte=ghd ssh username@hostname "$req $dte" < run_script.sh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalitpct
2 Replies

7. Debian

How to install package from local hard drive?

Hello, I want to install a .deb package which I already have on the hard drive. I have tried to edit /etc/apt/sources.list to point to the file but apt-get says it can't find it. The package is not in the Debian repository. Debian 6.0 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: snorkack59
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running Local Script from SSH with SUDO

Hello, I know for SSH'ing and running a local script is... ssh -t user@servername < /path/to/localscript.sh and with SSH'ing and SUDO'ing is... ssh -t user@servername "sudo -u username ls -l /home/username" My inquiry is how can I combine both, by SSH'ing and SUDO'ing but running... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: WPGPoseidon
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

Questions about running local YUM server

Im building a local yum server to update a handful of RHEL6 and RHEL7 servers, I'll be sharing out these updates via a local http webserver but I have a few questions. 1) it seem I am only able to download RHEL6 patches from a RHEL6 box and 7 patches from a 7 box which would mean I would have to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dendenyc
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Running local script remotely with arguments

Dear Experts, I have found this script on internet that can be used to execute local script remotely #!/bin/bash # runremote.sh # usage: runremote.sh localscript remoteuser remotehost arg1 arg2 ... realscript=$1 user=$2 host=$3 shift 3 # escape the arguments declare -a args ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
4 Replies
CHICKEN-INSTALL(1)					      General Commands Manual						CHICKEN-INSTALL(1)

NAME
chicken-install - download and install extension libraries for Chicken Scheme SYNOPSIS
chicken-install [OPTION | EXTENSION[:VERSION]] ... DESCRIPTION
chicken-install is a program that downloads, compiles and installs a prepackaged extension library from sources. If no extension name is given on the command-line, then any existing setup scripts in the current directory will be executed in some unspecified order. OPTIONS
Enter chicken-install -help for a list of supported command-line options. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
CHICKEN_PREFIX The installation prefix where CHICKEN Scheme and its support files and libraries are located. Defaults to the installation time pre- fix given when configuring the system. CHICKEN_INSTALL_PREFIX An alternative installation prefix that will be prepended to extension installation paths if specified. CHICKEN_REPOSITORY The path where extension libraries are installed. Defaults to the package-library path selected during configuration (usually /var/lib/chicken/<binary-version> ) DOCUMENTATION
More information can be found in the Chicken User's Manual BUGS
Submit bug reports by e-mail to chicken-janitors@nongnu.org , preferrably using the chicken-bug tool. AUTHORS
The CHICKEN Team SEE ALSO
chicken-uninstall(1) chicken-status(1) chicken(1) csc(1) chicken-bug(1) 13 Aug 2008 CHICKEN-INSTALL(1)