Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to read and write last modified timestamp to files? Post 302885493 by Tribe on Monday 27th of January 2014 02:21:13 AM
Old 01-27-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by balajesuri
1. The %Y format specifier in stat -c command gives the time output in unix time from epoch.
2. I tried the command on Terminal IDE app (BusyBox v1.19.2) installed on my android phone (running Android v4.3) and it works just fine. Here's a screenshot.

Attachment 5496
Code:
$ date -d @$(stat -c%Y file) +"%Y%m%d%H%M%S"
unknown option -- ddate: invalid option -d

Last edited by Tribe; 01-27-2014 at 03:26 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to read and write files one line at a time.

Hi! All! I am wirting a shell script in which i want to read one line at a time from the file and write it simultaneouly to other file one line at a time. Please let me know about some shell utility which can help me out. Thanx. If further clarifications are needed then please let me know... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_chopra
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script with read/write Files

Hello, I am a Newbie in ksh Unix Script. So I must write a ksh/sh script who read character at a position in a File. So also it must read all the lines who belongs at these characters , then write these lines in a another File. Can you help me , or give little councils to advance with my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: steiner
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to read or write device files

hi everybody, i am working in device drivers.As a beginner to this field ,i dont know how to read or write device files. Will copy_to_user and copy_from_user help me? I have created a device file using mknod command .Can anybody help me in this regard :confused thanks in advance sriram (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sriram.ec
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED command for read and write to different files

Hi I need some help on SED command I am writing a shell script which does the following: 1. Read one line at a time from a file abc.txt which has millions of lines 2. Prefix each line read with some text " 3. Post fix each line read with a quote " 4. Write the new modified... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaurav_1711
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all files with group read OR group write OR user write permission

I need to find all the files that have group Read or Write permission or files that have user write permission. This is what I have so far: find . -exec ls -l {} \; | awk '/-...rw..w./ {print $1 " " $3 " " $4 " " $9}' It shows me all files where group read = true, group write = true... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shunter63
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get a filename modified by attaching modified timestamp

Hi, I want to modify a filename in AIX by attaching the last modified timestamp. I want the timestamp completely in numerical format (eg:200905081210. yr-2009, mnth - 05, date -08, hr - 12, mins - 10). For example if the filename is a.log and it was modified on April 6th 2008 at 21.00. I... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ruks
16 Replies

7. Programming

read/write files

Hi all, I have a problem with some read/write functions. I have a .bin file which contains a lot of structures as follows: struct alumno { char id; char apellido1; char apellido2; char nombre; float nota1p; float nota2p; float notamedia; char photofilename; }; What I have... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Attenea
3 Replies

8. IP Networking

read/write,write/write lock with smbclient fails

Hi, We have smb client running on two of the linux boxes and smb server on another linux system. During a backup operation which uses smb, read of a file was allowed while write to the same file was going on.Also simultaneous writes to the same file were allowed.Following are the settings in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swatidas11
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding the modified timestamp of files from the piped output of du command

Version Info +++++++++++++++ RHEL 5.4 Since ls command lists file sizes in Bytes which can be long I use du command like below. I have run the du command for the below files as shown below. But I want pipe this output to ls command just to see the modified timestamp for these files. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read and write operations on files.

Dears. kindly guide !!! I have data, which is delimited by | . it should contain 26 columns, but one column data contain | makes few row to 27 columns. I want to find rows have 27 columns and then concatenate the specific columns to single column to make it 26 columns. Kindly help, Can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadique.manzar
3 Replies
idevicebackup2(1)					      General Commands Manual						 idevicebackup2(1)

NAME
idevicebackup2 - Create or restore backups for devices running iOS 4 or later. SYNOPSIS
idevicebackup2 [OPTIONS] CMD [CMDOPTIONS] DIRECTORY DESCRIPTION
Create or restore backup from the current or specified directory. OPTIONS
-u, --udid UDID target specific device by its 40-digit device UDID. -s, --source UDID use backup data from device specified by UDID. -i, --interactive request passwords interactively on the command line. -d, --debug enable communication debugging. -h, --help prints usage information. COMMANDS
backup create backup for the device. restore restore last backup to the device. --system restore system files, too. --reboot reboot the system when done. --copy create a copy of backup folder before restoring. --settings restore device settings from the backup. --remove remove items which are not being restored. --password PWD supply the password of the source backup. info show details about last completed backup of device. list list files of last completed backup in CSV format. encryption on|off [PWD] enable or disable backup encryption. changepw [OLD NEW] change backup password on target device. AUTHORS
Martin Szulecki Nikias Bassen SEE ALSO
idevicebackup(1) idevicebackup2(1)