Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Get Previous day error from alertlog Post 302885485 by kamauv234 on Sunday 26th of January 2014 11:19:56 PM
Old 01-27-2014
Get Previous day error from alertlog

Hi All,

I want to get the all ORA- related errors from attached logfile for previous day. Pls help. Thanks !

Regards
Kamal

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Previous day's date in Perl?

Hi All, I want to find the previous day's date and store that in a variable, which will be usuful for further processing. Any help please. Regards, raju (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajus19
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

next/Previous business day

Hello, Can you please help me how do i get previous and next working day of the week for a given date excluding saturday and sunday. Ex: if the given date is monday, i should get friday and tuesday's date if the given date is friday, i should get thrusday and monday's date. Thanks,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kotasateesh
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

get date and error from alertlog

Hi I need to print oracle alertlog messages and get date and ORA- error on the same line I use bash on solaris 10 I hope you can help me out Br Tom (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ludvig
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display month for Previous day

Hello - I have one question regarding the date. I wanted to display the month name for previous day. The output should be as follows... 5-Feb-09 => February 1-Feb-09 => January 28-Feb-09=> February Here is the code i am using to get the output.... date '+%m %d %Y' | { read MONTH DAY... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find previous month last day minus one day timestamp

Hi All, I need to find the previous month last day minus one day, using shell script. Can you guys help me to do this. My Requirment is as below: Input for me will be 2000909(YYYYMM) I need the previous months last day minus 1 day timestamp. That is i need 2000908 months last day minus ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.raos
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting previous day.

Hi, i am developing a script for my project. In my script i need to check some conditions based upon some values. in that one value is the previous date. with the previous date i need to check and process some values. I have a function with me retrieve the yesterdays date. But now i have a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: intiraju
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check if last modified day is previous day

Hi, I would like to write a script that checks if a file ('counter') was modified the previous day, if so erase its contents and write 00000000 into it. For e.g. if the file 'counter' was last modified at 11.30pm on 24th May and the script runs at 12.15am of 25th May, it should erase it's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hegdepras
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move the files between Current day & a previous day

Hi All, I have a requirement where I need to first capture the current day & move all the files from a particular directory based on a previous day. i.e move all the files from one directory to another based on current day & a previous day. Here is what I am trying, but it gives me errors.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

View file on previous day

Hi Expert, I am new to UNIX , I am looking for a script which can show me list of file created on previous date within specified directory. Regards, Mack (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mackjack
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get previous day from UNIX AIX?

Does anybody know how to get previous day on UNIX AIX? I tried TZ=XYZ+24 date '+%y%m%d' But it doesn't understand Thanks for contribution (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
6 Replies
LOGTAIL(8)							  logtail2 manual							LOGTAIL(8)

NAME
logtail2 - print log file lines that have not been read SYNOPSIS
logtail2 [-t] -flogfile [-ooffsetfile] DESCRIPTION
logtail2 reads a specified file (usually a log file) and writes to the standard output that part of it which has not been read by previous runs of logtail2. It prints the appropriate number of bytes from the end of logfile, assuming that all changes that are made to it are to add new characters to it. logfile must be a plain file. A symlink is not allowed. logtail2 stores the information about how much of it has already been read in a separate file called offsetfile. offsetfile can be omit- ted. If omitted, the file named logfile.offset in the same directory which contains logfile is used by default. If offsetfile is not empty, the inode of logfile is checked. If the inode is changed, logtail2 uses the heuristics stored in /usr/share/logtail/detectrotate/ to find a file that might be the rotated logfile and prints it starting with the stored offset. It then proceeds to simply print the entire new file and generates a new offsetfile. If the inode is not changed but logfile is shorter than it was at the last run of logtail2, it writes a warning message to the standard output. OPTIONS
-f logfile to be read after offset -o offsetfile stores offset of previous run -t test mode - do not change offset in offsetfile RETURN VALUES
0 successful 65 cannot get the size of logfile 66 general file or directory access issue 73 cannot write offsetfile AUTHOR
The original logtail was written in C by Craig H. Rowland <crowland@psionic.com>. This version of logtail is a modification of Paul Sloot- man's re-implementation in perl. enhanced by the Debian Logcheck Team <logcheck-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>. This manual was written by Oohara Yuuma <oohara@libra.interq.or.jp> and enhanced by the Debian Logcheck Team <logcheck-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>.. SEE ALSO
logcheck(8) Debian 28 Jul 2007 LOGTAIL(8)