Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Very big delay (about 300 sec) before autentification Post 302885331 by fpmurphy on Friday 24th of January 2014 06:43:32 PM
Old 01-24-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by hicksd8
Yes, but the OP says that telnet is just as slow as ssh.
Some telnet servers try to find the hostname of a client connection and this can cause slow connections when there is a DNS problem.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to view a big file(143M big)

1 . Thanks everyone who read the post first. 2 . I have a log file which size is 143M , I can not use vi open it .I can not use xedit open it too. How to view it ? If I want to view 200-300 ,how can I implement it 3 . Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenhao_no1
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How big is too big a config.log file?

I have a 5000 line config.log file with several "maybe" errors. Any reccomendations on finding solvable problems? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NeedLotsofHelp
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Repeat a command for one sec

How to repeat the execution of a simple command like the following for 1 sec ? echo Hi The completion time for the command is not known, but we need to calculate the number of times this commans executes successfully within 1 sec. Thanks Kumarjit (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarjt
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Openssl trouble by autentification

Hi, I got following problem I want to use encrypted password and login for my script for oracle DB. #This was created with echo "login" | openssl enc -base64 and echo "password" | openssl enc -base64 login= bG9naW4K passwd= cGFzc3dvcmQK Im using following... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvok
4 Replies
proxychains(1)															    proxychains(1)

NAME
ProxyChains - redirect connections through proxy servers SYNTAX
proxychains <program> DESCRIPTION
This program forces any tcp connection made by any given tcp client to follow through proxy (or proxy chain). It is a kind of proxifier. It acts like sockscap / premeo / eborder driver (intercepts TCP calls). This version (2.0) supports SOCKS4, SOCKS5 and HTTP CONNECT proxy servers. Auth-types: socks - "user/pass" , http - "basic". When to use it ? 1) When the only way to get "outside" from your LAN is through proxy server. 2) When you are behind restrictive firewall which filters outgoing connections to some ports. 3) When you want to use two (or more) proxies in chain: like: your_host <--> proxy1 <--> proxy2 <--> target_host 4) When you want to "proxify" some programs with no proxy support built-in (like telnet). 5) When you dont want to pay for eBorder / premeo socks driver :) Some cool features: * This program can mix different proxy types in the same chain like: your_host <-->socks5 <--> http <--> socks4 <--> http <--> target_host * Different chaining options supported like: take random proxy from the list. or : chain proxies in exact order or : chain proxies in dynamic order (smart exclude dead proxies from chain) *You can use it with any TCP client application, even network scanners. yes, yes - you can make portscan via proxy (or chained proxies) for example with Nmap scanner by fyodor (www.insecure.org/nmap). proxychains nmap -sT -PO -p 80 -iR (find some webservers through proxy) NOTE: to run suid/sgid programs(like ssh) through proxychains you have to be root FILES
proxychains looks for config file in following order: ./proxychains.conf $(HOME)/.proxychains/proxychains.conf /etc/proxychains.conf see more in /etc/proxychains.conf EXAMPLES
To run this program the standard way type: proxychains telnet targethost.com in this example it will run telnet through proxy(or chained proxies) specified by proxychains.conf COPYING
proxychains is distributed under the GNU General Public License. (GPL 2.0 or greater). AUTHORS
Net Creature, Proxy Labs <http://proxychains.sourceforge.net> <Net Creature> 2.0 proxychains(1)