Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cluster failure reason
Operating Systems AIX Cluster failure reason Post 302885224 by Tharsan on Friday 24th of January 2014 08:55:32 AM
Old 01-24-2014
Ya actually the final aim is not to use the IBM cluster software (HACMP, powerHA)
The aim is the detect a failure in of the cluster UC, and switch manually to another UC.

That's why, i'm making the list of all possibles reasons of a cluster UC failover.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. High Performance Computing

Building a Solaris Cluster Express cluster in a VirtualBox on OpenSolaris

Provides a description of how to set up a Solaris Cluster Express cluster in a VirtualBox on OpenSolaris. More... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

2. High Performance Computing

SUN Cluster Vs Veritas Cluster

Dear All, Can anyone explain about Pros and Cons of SUN and Veritas Cluster ? Any comparison chart is highly appreciated. Regards, RAA (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RAA
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Subject: Sun Cluster 3.2.2 Apache HA failure, or cludge?

I folks, season's greetings. Hope you had a good festive season. I've got 2 related problems on the same Sun Cluster 3.2.2 Apache 2.0.63 cluster: clsetup error: ERROR: Failed to get connection to node localhost SunOS... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cluster
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun cluster and Veritas cluster question.

Yesterday my customer told me to expect a vcs upgrade to happen in the future. He also plans to stop using HDS and move to EMC. Am thinking how to migrate to sun cluster setup instead. My plan as follows leave the existing vcs intact as a fallback plan. Then install and build suncluster on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot up failure unix sco after power failure

hi power went out. next day unix sco wont boot up error code 303. any help appreciated as we are clueless. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredthayer
11 Replies

6. Solaris

Sun cluster 4.0 - zone cluster failover doubt

Hello experts - I am planning to install a Sun cluster 4.0 zone cluster fail-over. few basic doubts. (1) Where should i install the cluster s/w binaries ?. ( global zone or the container zone where i am planning to install the zone fail-over) (2) Or should i perform the installation on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NVA
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Problem in RedHat Cluster Node while network Failure or in Hang mode

Hi, We are having many RedHat linux Server with Cluster facility for availability of service like HTTPD / MySQL. We face some issue while some issue related to power disturbance / fluctuation or Network failure. There is two Cluster Node configured in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hirenkmistry
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get reason for ping failure using perls Net::Ping->new("icmp");?

Hi I am using perl to ping a list of nodes - with script below : $p = Net::Ping->new("icmp"); if ($p->ping($host,1)){ print "$host is alive.\n"; } else { print "$host is unreacheable.\n"; } $p->close();... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tavanagh
4 Replies
clusvcmgrd(8)						       Red Hat Cluster Suite						     clusvcmgrd(8)

NAME
rgmanager - Resource Group (Cluster Service) Manager Daemon DESCRIPTION
rgmanager handles management of user-defined cluster services (also known as resource groups). This includes handling of user requests including service start, service disable, service relocate, and service restart. The service manager daemon also handles restarting and relocating services in the event of failures. HOW IT WORKS
The service manager is spawned by an init script after the cluster infrastructure has been started and only functions when the cluster is quorate and locks are working. During initialization, the service manager runs scripts which ensure that all services are clear to be started. After that, it determines which services need to be started and starts them. When an event is received, members which are no longer online have their services taken away from them. The event should only occur in the case that the member has been fenced whenever fencing is available. When a cluster member determines that it is no longer in the cluster quorum, the service manager stops all services and waits for a new quorum to form. COMMAND LINE OPTIONS
-f Run in the foreground (do not fork). -d Enable debug-level logging. -w Disable internal process monitoring (for debugging). -N Do not perform stop-before-start. Combined with the -Z flag to clusvcadm, this can be used to allow rgmanager to be upgraded with- out stopping a given user service or set of services. SEE ALSO
clusvcadm(8) Jan 2005 clusvcmgrd(8)