Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Continue Execution Based On List Post 302885123 by RudiC on Thursday 23rd of January 2014 03:46:51 PM
Old 01-23-2014
So you have a list of file names, a directory full of files, and the intersection of both must match a pattern. It may be a bit tedious to find out the optimum way to boil that down to the actual set of files to be worked upon. Scrutinizer has provided one example; try this as an alternative:
Code:
ls $(grep TM_ICP_EDW_FIN04-ACCOUNT_CONSOL_.*\.csv list.txt) >pass.txt 2>/dev/null

Watch out - grep takes a regex, not a shell pattern!
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

file extension based software execution

Hi Experts, I am working in HP-UX 11.0 workstaion. How can i make a file to be executed with the corresponding software to be invoked or executed. as in Windows. ie., if a file index.html has to be double clicked to invoke the Netscape Navigator. What i have to do to achieve this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anent
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl - understand process status and continue the code execution

Hello, I need advice on how to check if started processes are finished in perl, here's explanation : OS is RHEL 4, perl -v = "This is perl, v5.8.0 built for i386-linux-thread-multi" The logic of the script : #!/usr/bin/perl use warnings; $param1 = $ARGV; $param2 = $ARGV; $param3 =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sysgate
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX command to skip any warning messages and continue job execution

Hello All, Good day! This is my first UNIX post. :D Anyways, I would like to seek help from you guys if you know of any UNIX command that will skip a warning message once it is encountered but continue to run the execution. Ok here's the situation in general: An encypted file is sent to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jennah_rekka
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatically Rerun a script based on previous execution output

Hi Experts, I have a shell script called "updatevs" that is scheduled to run at 6.00 am everyday via cronjob. The cronjob will execute this script and output to a log file. The functionality of this script is to read the database and run a set of commands. This script is generally successful... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: forumthreads
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problem with sort the file based on contents

My input file: >ali ASSDDGHFHFHJFJHJDSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGDSGDSGSDGDSGSDGSDGDSGSDGGDSG >zzz ASdASDASDSADSADDSADJKHJDSADKLJADKLSAJDLJLKJLDASDDSADd >abu ASDASDFSAFASFSADFASDASDSADSADSADSADSADSADASDASdSADSADSADA >aaa... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
2 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

invoke one script based on previous script execution

I am database guy and not very good at shell scripts. I am seeking help to sharp my script coding. I have 5 scripts 1. master script. I use this one to call other four scripts to do database work. 2. db_backup_1 and log_backup_1 3. db_backup_2 and log_backup_2 in master script, I want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a column based list from a string list

I have a string containing fields separated by space Example set sr="Fred Ted Joe Peter Paul Jean Chris Tim Tex" and want to display it in a column format, for example to a maximum of a window of 100 characters And hopefully display some thing like Fred Ted Joe ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to continue shell script execution process without control going to pompt?

Hi Friends, Iam invoking another shell script to create B2k_session_id from my shell script.It is properly creating B2k_session_id and after creation control is coming out from the script and going to command prompt.The lines which are after the exectrusteduser.com sh.com are not executing..may... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vadlamudy
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search files in UNIX based on execution

Hi, I have a UNIX script to fetch all the files for current day. so I am using code-- "files=($(find x.lst -maxdepth 1 -type f -daystart -mtime -1))". But this is not going to work if my job starts at 11 PM and continues till 1AM. In tht case I will loose all files between 11PM to 12AM. Is there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: usrrenny
3 Replies

10. Programming

Help needed to Spawn Shell on Python and Continue Execution

def gob(url): print "\n\t Running gobuster on target." params = " -e -s '307,200,204,301,302' -t 20 -u " + url + " >> /tmp/%s/gobuster.txt" % (ip) os.system("xterm -e bash -c "tail -f /tmp/%/gobuster.txt"") for i in bflist: dirbf = "gobuster -w " + i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
3 Replies
ZGREP(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep, zegrep, zfgrep -- print lines matching a pattern in gzip-compressed files SYNOPSIS
zgrep [grep-flags] [--] pattern [files ...] zegrep [grep-flags] [--] pattern [file ...] zfgrep [grep-flags] [--] pattern [file ...] DESCRIPTION
zgrep runs grep(1) on files or stdin, if no files argument is given, after decompressing them with zcat(1). The grep-flags and pattern arguments are passed on to grep(1). If an -e flag is found in the grep-flags, zgrep will not look for a pattern argument. zegrep calls egrep(1), while zfgrep calls fgrep(1). EXIT STATUS
In case of missing arguments or missing pattern, 1 will be returned, otherwise 0. SEE ALSO
egrep(1), fgrep(1), grep(1), gzip(1), zcat(1) AUTHORS
Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org> BSD
December 28, 2003 BSD