Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Du -sh in / message
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Du -sh in / message Post 302884987 by schizoprenics on Wednesday 22nd of January 2014 10:12:45 PM
Old 01-22-2014
Du -sh in / message

I have cloned a zLinux server and whenever I issue the command 'du -sh' on the / it always gives the below message:
Code:
du: cannot access `./proc/3721/task/3721/fd/4': No such file or directory
du: cannot access `./proc/3721/task/3721/fdinfo/4': No such file or directory
du: cannot access `./proc/3721/fd/4': No such file or directory
du: cannot access `./proc/3721/fdinfo/4': No such file or directory

Question is how to remove this message or how to correct it. In other servers it does not appear. I'm running SLES 11 SP3.

thanks in advance.

Last edited by Franklin52; 01-23-2014 at 03:40 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hello I installed solaris 9, but when I reboot the box, I got this message WARNING:add_spec:No major number for mpt WARNING:add_spec:No major number for mpt WARNING:add_spec:No major number for mpt WARNING:add_spec:No major number for mpt WARNING:add_spec:No major number for mpt ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Welcome Message

I have a regular user account in one of the solaris machines. I have been trying to display a message when I log on by modifying my .profile file e.g. +-------------+ .profile +--------------+ echo "Welcome <user>" echo "Today is: "`date` etc. etc. The message keeps on popping... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: run_time_error
0 Replies

3. Programming

Message queues

Hi all, I've been trying for hours to figure out how to turn my 2-program (one to send and one to receive) "chat system" using message queues, into a single program where each concurrent component (entity) will both send and receive messages. PLEASE give me a hand with this, I'm starting to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgchato
9 Replies

4. Solaris

scp message

Hi, I will copy a file with /usr/bin/scp -v /tmp/gaga venus:/tmp The result is: PVER1 GERR00Unkonw switch supplied Wath's the matter Thank's a lot Urs (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MuellerUrs
2 Replies

5. Programming

How to limit max no of message in a posix message queue

Hii can anyone pls tell how to limit the max no of message in a posix message queue. I have made changes in proc/sys/fs/mqueue/msg_max But still whenever i try to read the value of max. message in the queue using attr.mq_curmsgs (where struct mq_attr attr) its giving the default value as 10.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohit3884
0 Replies

6. Solaris

What is this message!?

While logged on to a box, I got the message: Broadcast Message from oracle (pts/4) on hostname.xx-xxxx.xxx Thu Mar 19 19:00:38... root: Will system be available for use tonight? n -----> this was my response ksh: n: not found Where does this originate from? Did somebody send it to my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: FeNiCrC_Neil
6 Replies

7. Programming

message and method

Differentiate between the message and method. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robinglow
2 Replies

8. Programming

Help with message class

May I know how to create message class in order to store input data from the command line, so that the output will come from this class? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eel
4 Replies

9. Programming

[XQuery] How to Convert from JSON Message to XML Message with XQuery

Hi guys, I'm in a job of converting a restful webservice to soap. Tool for convertation uses XQuery. Now i need to convert a message like this: { "firstName": "John", "midName": null, "lastName": "Smith", "married": false, "address": { "streetAddress": "21 2nd... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tien86
5 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Ssmtp -t < /path/to/the/message.txt (How to format message.txt for html email)

ssmtp has been running well under Kubuntu 12.04.1 for plain text messages. I would like to send html messages with ssmtp -t < /path/to/the/message.txt, but I cannot seem to get the message.txt file properly formatted. I have tried various charsets, Content-Transfer-Encoding, rearranging the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ronald B
0 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)