Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Formating questions
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Formating questions Post 302884950 by srikanth38 on Wednesday 22nd of January 2014 12:20:01 PM
Old 01-22-2014
Thank you Rudi. Appriciate you help. It worked fine.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disk formating

i have to repartition some of my filesystems ... I have just one HDD .... df -k gives this :- Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 830107 45532 726468 6% / /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s1 1987399 785728 1142050 41% /usr /proc ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DPAI
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Formating in Echo?

Hi, In my code: echo " Field1 " " Filed2 " " Filed3 " >> $myfile echo "--------" "------- " "--------">> $myfile echo $value1 $value2 $value3 >> $myfile echo $value1 $value2 $value3 >> $myfile echo $value1 $value2 $value3 >> $myfile My file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

formating date

Guys I have a date value like this in a table -> 2006-12-29 12:57:08(data type varchar2(25)) I am trying to subtract this column from sysdate. I am unable to do that. can u guys suggest me a way to do this.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragha81
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output formating

Dear All I am stuck in one problem. Kindly help me. I am taking below mention file as input file and want some op file as mention below. Kindly send me all possible suggestion and query. Thnaks Jaydeep bELOW IS THE INPUT FILE: *** Connected to BSCANGR ***... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

formating output

Hi all, I want to start a new topic on this matter I have this script, #!perl use strict; use warnings; use Data::Dumper; open my $log, '>', 'log-external.txt' or die "Could not open log: $!"; print $log "Subnet,Static,DHCP,Unused\n"; open my $dump, '>', 'dump.log' or die... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text formating

Dear all I had input file as mention below and want op as mention. Kindly let me knw possible ways. Regards Jaydeep INPUT: RXOTX-48-1 2A 34 2B 35 RXOTX-499-2 2C 32 RXOTX-4-1 2D 23 OUTPUT: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formating output

Hello Team i have a file with following data (as columns). I need implement a syntax like below for altering table ALTER TABLE1 TABLENAME ADD COLUMN COL1 CHAR(5) NOT NULL WITH DEFAULT ADD COLUMN COL2 CHAR(5) .. .. ADD COLUMN COLn CHAR(5) NOT NULL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rocking77
1 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Print questions from a questions folder in a sequential order

1.) I am to write scripts that will be phasetest folder in the home directory. 2.) The folder should have a set-up,phase and display files I have written a small script which i used to check for the existing users and their password. What I need help with: I have a set of questions in a... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: moraks007
19 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with formating when using mailx

Hi I am a newbie here. I tried searching for the solution but I guess I either didn't find it or there hasn't been one posted. my problem is I spooled the results of a query into a .txt file. When I cat the file the formating looks great. All the columns are aligned. However once I mailx the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RB26DETT
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

File formating help

Hi all, I am having the file below I need that as below Thanks, Arun (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
12 Replies
LR_RUN.IN(1)						  LogReport's Lire Documentation					      LR_RUN.IN(1)

NAME
lr_run - run a Lire program and deal with the logging output SYNOPSIS
lr_run program arguments DESCRIPTION
lr_run runs program, and redirects program's stderr output to logger(1). It parses programs logging output, and sets logger(1)'s flags accordingly. lr_run gets configuration from sysconfdir/lire/defaults. In case 'lr_logging_method' is set to 'stderr', logger(1) is not involved: logging output gets redirected to stderr. In case 'lr_debug' is set to the empty string, messages with loglevel debug and info get suppressed. The configuration variable 'lr_logging_facility' is used to find logger(1)'s facility. NOTES
program's output on stderr should be in format superservice service id programname level message. level should be one of: emerg (system is unusable), alert (action must be taken immediately), crit (critical conditions), err (error conditions), warning (warning conditions), notice (normal, but significant, condition), info (informational message), debug (debug-level message). See syslog(3). id can be used to tag each Lire job, so that these can get tracked. programname should be the name of the program which generated the log line. EXAMPLES
To process a Postfix log and display the report as text, use $ lr_run lr_log2report postfix < /var/log/mail.log To process a Postfix log and create the report in HTML (packed up in a tar archive), use: $ lr_run lr_log2report -o html postfix < /var/log/mail.log > postfix.tar SEE ALSO
Documentation in the Lire User Manual VERSION
$Id: lr_run.in,v 1.23 2006/07/23 13:16:33 vanbaal Exp $ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000-2003 Stichting LogReport Foundation LogReport@LogReport.org This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program (see COPYING); if not, check with http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html. THANKS
Rudi Sluijtman, for sharing some thoughts on shell scripting. AUTHOR
Joost van Baal <joostvb@logreport.org> Lire 2.1.1 2006-07-23 LR_RUN.IN(1)