Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Cannot boot as usuall , turn to black screen & ask for loging in ???? Help me???? Post 302884862 by asianfootball on Wednesday 22nd of January 2014 08:10:15 AM
Old 01-22-2014
Yess when i try ctrl+alt+f2 it ask me to loging but not as root... but still b
Black screen ....

---------- Post updated at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:01 PM ----------

I hv no idea how to fix it, i used sdd 16gb

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get Black Screen for 10secs

I was thinking if there is a way that i can go about making my screen go black automatically for about 10seconds, (with a message like "take a break" printed on the screen) and after 10seconds everything comes back to normal.... is there any way that i can do this...??? to further clarify the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: c_d
2 Replies

2. Red Hat

Black Screen

I am using Intel HD 400 Graphics on a laptop. When I logout, I get a black screen with no cursor or anything. I have to hard reboot the system to get into linux again. Working on RHEL 6 (gnome) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunveer
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Screen Goes Black When Run startx

Have - HP G4p DL360 SCSI version (*see below of pdf of server basics if needed) Scientific Linux live-cd.iso Issue - When it boots off the LiveCD, all starts swell, but if I install the OS normal it goes to a black monitor.... If I install text only, it works and when done I am at the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sas
4 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Boot problem after updates, Ubuntu, black screen and cursor

I hope this is the correct forum, please forgive a newbie. Hi all, New to linux, ubuntu, and this forum. I have enjoyed ubuntu for the past few months, but after my last update installation ubuntu would boot to a black screen and blinking cursor. If I let it sit for a while it would give the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nutoubuntu
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Showing a black screen

Hi all, Is there a way, on the command line, to show a black screen WITHOUT turning off the monitor? Also, is there a way to make the computer show the last screen before the black screen as soon as the user interacts with it? I know that there are various ways to turn off the computer, or... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zel2008
8 Replies
SYSLINUX2ANSI(1)					      General Commands Manual						  SYSLINUX2ANSI(1)

NAME
syslinux2ansi - converts a syslinux-format screen to pc-ansi SYNOPSIS
syslinux2ansi < filename.input > filename.output DESCRIPTION
Syslinux2ansi is a filter which converts a screen formatted for syslinux to one compatible with PC ANSI. It will only read from standard in, and has no command line options. BUGS
Help and version command line options would be useful. The ability to put input and output filenames on the command line might be good as well. Bug reports I would appreciate hearing of any problems you have with SYSLINUX. I would also like to hear from you if you have successfully used SYS- LINUX, especially if you are using it for a distribution. If you are reporting problems, please include all possible information about your system and your BIOS; the vast majority of all problems reported turn out to be BIOD or hardware bugs, and I need as much information as possible in order to diagnose the problems. There is a mailing list for discussion among SYSLINUX users and for announcements of new and test versions. To join, send a message to majordomo@linux.kernel.org with the line: subscribe syslinux in the body of the message. The submission address is syslinux@linux.kernel.org. SEE ALSO
syslinux(1), perl(1) AUTHOR
This manual page is a quick write-up for Debian done by Kevin Kreamer <kkreamer@etherhogz.org>, by looking over the 1 screenful of Perl that is syslinux2ansi. SYSLINUX2ANSI(1)