Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Copying few lines from one file to another Post 302884816 by raj_k on Wednesday 22nd of January 2014 02:39:41 AM
Old 01-22-2014
use piping
Code:
head -2 abc >a |cp a 123

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying common lines to a new file

How do i copy the common lines between 2 files to another file? for example file1: asdfg sdf gdsf file2: asdfgh asd sdf xcv file3: sdf (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: khestoi
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying lines from fileA if they start by a word from fileB

Hi I'm in the need of a script that basically takes two files and generates a 3rd. It reads from fileA and fileB and copies lines from fileA if they start by a word of fileB. for example fileA The dog is beautful Where is your cat Why are you sad? Help me! fileB The Where tree dog... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: FrancoisCN
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command for copying the contents of other file replacing it another file on specifc pattern

We have 2 file XML files - FILE1.XML and FILE2.xml - we need copy the contents of FILE1.XML and replace in FILE2.xml pattern "<assignedAttributeList></assignedAttributeList>" FILE1.XML 1. <itemList> 2. <item type="Manufactured"> 3. <resourceCode>431048</resourceCode> 4. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: balrajg
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with searching for a file in a directory and copying the contents of that file in a new file

Hi guys, I am a newbie here :wall: I need a script that can search for a file in a directory and copy the contents of that file in a new file. Please help me. :confused: Thanks in advance~ (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zel2zel
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying lines from one file to another file

I did a search before posting and couldn't find an example of what I need done. Anyway, I have a file called file1.txt, which has data like this: File2.txt contains: So what I need to do is from file1.txt find the first line M977 in file2.txt and replace the line below it with the line from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fly_Moe
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with copying lines from different files.

I am new to Linux and have a challenging task. I have 3 data files, and need to do the following: Go to line 31 of file 1, delete it Read 1 line from file 2 and add in place of deleted line Go to line 97 of file I delete it and then read the line 1 from file 2 and add in place of that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hamnsan
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Request] Copying a file with cp except for the last one or two lines.

Hi folks! I'm new to the unix-side of the world! ;) and I'm trying to learn as much as possible the good stuff that's in it! So.. here comes the point.. as you can see in the title, I need to copy a file but truncating it so that last 1-2 lines are not copied... any suggests from the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: WideMind
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying lines from multiple logfiles, based on content of the line

d df d d (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: larsk
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying lines between two strings

Hello All, I want to copy some lines from one file to other with following condition. Only lines between two specified strings should copy. Example :- "My First String " Some_Other_String .... Some_Other_String .... Some_Other_String .... "My Second String" So only... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand.shah
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash: copying lines with specific character to files with same name as copied line.

I am trying to make my script as simple as a possible but, I am not sure if the way I am approaching is necessarily the most efficient or effective it can be. What I am mainly trying to fix is a for loop to remove a string from the specified files and within this loop I am trying to copy the lines... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Allie_gastrator
2 Replies
Locale::Script(3perl)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				     Locale::Script(3perl)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. The ones currently supported are: alpha This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA". The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. numeric This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC". ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes Locale::Constants http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2011 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-26 Locale::Script(3perl)