Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Conditional replacement of columns in a text file Post 302884740 by Akshay Hegde on Tuesday 21st of January 2014 02:07:53 PM
Old 01-21-2014
Okay this would be fine, assuming possibilities are only either "b" or "w"

Code:
$ awk '{$(NF-4)=$(NF-4)=="b"?"w":"b"}1' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacement of text in a file

Hi , I have some data in my file(properties.txt) like this. # agent.properties agent.dmp.Location= agent.name= I need to relpace the agent.dmp.location with agent.dmp.Location = /opt/VRTS/vxvm I am using the follwing to replace the string AGENT_NAME=snmp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu.amilineni
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP Need in SED/PERL conditional line replacement

Hi , I need some help on perl/sed conditional replacement The situation is like below . I have a file contents like below . AAA|BBB|CCC|DDD AAA|BCF|CCC|HHH AAA|BVF|JJJ|KKK Here in the above file . I know my second column value (taking "|" as my delimited ) Basically I have to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: robin.r888
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional tab replacement sed/awk

Hi I am struggling to find a solutions to this problem: I have a directory full of files and I wish to: read each line of each file and if any one line in those files is longer than 72 characters I want to replace any tab characters with a space character. Ive been... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: benackland
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to convert text to columns in tab delimited text file

Hello Gurus, I have a text file containing nearly 12,000 tab delimited characters with 4000 rows. If the file size is small, excel can convert the text into coloumns. However, the file that I have is very big. Can some body help me in solving this problem? The input file example, ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unilearn
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

conditional replacement

Hi all, I need a bash, sed, awk script or one liner to do the following task: This is the format of a text file: 2010-06-11 20:01 902656 HOP-W-100412-1.doc 2010-11-05 18:01 364447 NEX-W-101104-1 2010-07-06 10:01 64512 Cerintele 2010-07-06 10:01 599420 content 2010-07-19 14:01 1785344... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: supervazi
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional replacement of a delimiter

Hello, I'm new to this forum but this seems like the place to ask this question. I have a pipe delimited data file with the fields except for the header being encased in double quotes. I found out that some of the fields have an trash pipe within the data itself. I'd like to conditionally... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samahs
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing columns from a text file that do not have any values in second and third columns

I have a text file that has three columns. But at the end of the text file, there are trailing lines that have missing second and third columns: 4 0.04972604 KLHL28 4 0.0497332 CSTB 4 0.04979822 AIF1 4 0.04983331 DECR2 4 0.04990344 KATNB1 4 4 4 4 How can I remove the trailing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to concatenate 2-columns by 2 -columns for a text file?

Hello, I want to concatenate 2-columns by 2-columns separated by colon. How can I do so? For example, I have a text file containing 6 columns separated by tab. I want to concatenate column 1 and 2; column 3 and 4; column 5 and 6, respectively, and put a colon in between. input file: 1 0 0 1... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: huiyee1
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional replacement in CSV files

Hello, I have many CSV files with variable number of rows and columns. Sample of few problematic CSV files. ,,Price,Price,Price,Price,Price,Price,Price,Price,Price,Qty Date,Sl,AAA,BBB,CCC,DDD,EEE,FFF,GGG,HHH,PriQueue,%busy 30/07/2014,1,AAA,BBB,CCC,DDD,EEE,FFF,GGG,HHH,NA,0... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddyr
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple Replacement in a Text File in one operation (sed/awk) ?

Hi all, Saying we have two files: 1. A "Reference File" whose content is "Variable Name": "Variable Value" 2. A "Model File" whose content is a model program in which I want to substitute "VariableName" with their respective value to produce a third file "Program File" which would be a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dae
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('arevela','alpha'); $lvar = code2langvar('arevela',LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-04-12 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)