Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How can I get the increased rate in MB? Post 302884668 by RudiC on Tuesday 21st of January 2014 09:30:57 AM
Old 01-21-2014
You started off quite promisingly. Use what you posted and build a loop around it (assuming you know the necessary (shell) commands).

Last edited by RudiC; 01-21-2014 at 10:50 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

how to mount SAN volume with its increased size

Hi, We have 200GB SAN volume mounted on Redhat EL 5. which is working fine. As my SAN supports dynamic resizing of volumes, i unmounted the volume and resized the SAN Volume to 300 GB successfully. Then i mounted again but it shows 200GB only but data is intact. Now, my requirement is to let... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
3 Replies

2. AIX

rmt0 allows get increased .. !

rmt0 allows get increased .. ! I have faced this issue in my AIX server, rmt0 allows get increased and it's filled /root till 100% There is no tape in tape drive why it's increased? Pls advice.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
1 Replies

3. Solaris

/ root is 100% and there is nothing increased it

Guys I have solaris 9 and / root is 100% and there is nothing increased the space every thing normal , I think the problem related to audit How can I stop or shutdown audit service and start it again ? Pls advice in the reason of this increasing and is it related to audit service ? . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
5 Replies
break(1)							   User Commands							  break(1)

NAME
break, continue - shell built-in functions to escape from or advance within a controlling while, for, foreach, or until loop SYNOPSIS
sh break [n] continue [n] csh break continue ksh *break [n] *continue [n] DESCRIPTION
sh The break utility exits from the enclosing for or while loop, if any. If n is specified, break n levels. The continue utility resumes the next iteration of the enclosing for or while loop. If n is specified, resume at the n-th enclosing loop. csh The break utility resumes execution after the end of the nearest enclosing foreach or while loop. The remaining commands on the current line are executed. This allows multilevel breaks to be written as a list of break commands, all on one line. The continue utility continues execution of the next iteration of the nearest enclosing while or foreach loop. ksh The break utility exits from the enclosed for, while, until, or select loop, if any. If n is specified, then break n levels. If n is greater than the number of enclosing loops, the outermost enclosing loop shall be exited. The continue utility resumes the next iteration of the enclosed for, while, until, or select loop. If n is specified then resume at the n- th enclosed loop. If n is greater than the number of enclosing loops, the outermost enclosing loop shall be used. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words that follow a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign, and also that word splitting and file name genera- tion are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), exit(1), ksh(1), sh( 1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 17 Jul 2002 break(1)