Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with a Java code
Top Forums Programming Help with a Java code Post 302884564 by faizlo on Monday 20th of January 2014 10:14:14 PM
Old 01-20-2014
But ans was declared as a String; how is it a reference?
Does String ans; mean that ans is declared as a reference to a string (String starts with a capital, so it is a class, right?

Thank you in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Help with Java code

public class MyMail { public static void main(String args) { // TODO Auto-generated method stub System.out.println("number of args " + args.length); String from = ""; String to = ""; String subject = ""; String emailText = ""; for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eel
0 Replies

2. Programming

Help with PrintWriter code in JAVA

I'm creating a file which contained the field name, student ID, house phone number, mobile number and address. Sometimes people don't enter the house phone number. However, in the file I created still print out the house phone number without any data. How do I get rid of this field when people... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

3. Programming

Help with splitter code in JAVA

I was creating a file using splitter and printwriter. The result in the file come out as: TO:bbb,ccc,eee Instead of, TO:bbb TO:ccc TO:eee May I know what's wrong with this? (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. Programming

can i have an optimal solution for this java code ? Facing Java heap space problem even at 3GB heaps

My desired output is run: for this 1 for this 2 for this 3 for this 4 for this 5 for this 1,2 1->2 for this 2,3 2->3 for this 3,4 3->4 for this 4,5 4->5 for this 1,2,3 1->2,3 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaibhavkorde
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Block of code replacement in Java source code through Unix script

Hi, I want to remove the following code from Source files (or replace the code with empty.) from all the source files in given directory. finally { if (null != hibernateSession && hibernateSession.isOpen()) { //hibernateSession.close(); } } It would be great if the script has... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hareeshram
2 Replies

6. Programming

Script Shell in java code

Hello, This is my script shell: echo Mon premier script echo Liste des fichiers : ls -la exit 0 This is my code java: public class test { public static void main(String args) { try { Process process = Runtime.getRuntime().exec("sh script1.sh"); } catch... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Code java in script shell

Hello; Is it possible to insert Java code in a shell script, if so how please? Thank you (0 Replies)
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script Shell in java code

Hello, I try to run a script shell from a java program: but it runs only if i do :chmod 777 myShellScript in the terminal Please how can i insert chmod 777 in my java code without going through the terminal? Thank you (1 Reply)
1 Replies

9. Linux

Linux through Java code

Hi How can I write a Java program to execute Linux commands? What is the best approach: Invoking the Linux shell within Java and executing commands or, using the Java APIs to do the stuff. Since it is platform independent, it'll know itself what to do. We need not check which OS the Java... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dorothy
1 Replies

10. Programming

Java static code

HI All I am new to java in below code I am not able to understand the below line of code Student9.change(); the complete code is mentioned as below class Student9{ int rollno; String name; static String college = "ITS"; static void change(){ college = "BBDIT"; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
2 Replies
PAM::FAQ(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       PAM::FAQ(3)

NAME
Authen::PAM::FAQ - Frequently-Asked Questions about Authen::PAM. SYNOPSIS
perldoc Authen::PAM::FAQ VERSION
This document is currently at version 0.05, as of May 4, 2005 DESCRIPTION
1. Can I authenticate a user non interactively? Yes, you can although not in a very clean way. The PAM library has a mechanism, in a form of a conversation function, to send and receive text data from the user. For details of the format of the conversation function consult the Authen::PAM manual. This function receives a list of code/string pairs. There are two codes (PAM_TEXT_INFO and PAM_ERROR_MSG) for displaying the associated string to the user and two codes (PAM_ECHO_ON and PAM_ECHO_OFF) for getting input from the user. As you can see the codes are rather general and you can not be com- pletely sure when you are asked for a user name and when for a password. However, the common practice is that PAM_ECHO_ON is used for a user name and PAM_ECHO_OFF is used for a password. So, what you can do is to write your own conversation function which ignores the PAM_TEXT_INFO and PAM_ERROR_MSG codes and returns the user name for the code PAM_ECHO_ON and the password for the code PAM_ECHO_OFF. If you pass the user name in the initialization function then usually you will not be asked for it. Here is a simple example how to do this: use Authen::PAM; use POSIX qw(ttyname); $service = "login"; $username = "foo"; $password = "bar"; $tty_name = ttyname(fileno(STDIN)); sub my_conv_func { my @res; while ( @_ ) { my $code = shift; my $msg = shift; my $ans = ""; $ans = $username if ($code == PAM_PROMPT_ECHO_ON() ); $ans = $password if ($code == PAM_PROMPT_ECHO_OFF() ); push @res, (PAM_SUCCESS(),$ans); } push @res, PAM_SUCCESS(); return @res; } ref($pamh = new Authen::PAM($service, $username, &my_conv_func)) || die "Error code $pamh during PAM init!"; $res = $pamh->pam_set_item(PAM_TTY(), $tty_name); $res = $pamh->pam_authenticate; print $pamh->pam_strerror($res)," " unless $res == PAM_SUCCESS(); The Authen::PAM module comes with a default conversation function which you can find in the file PAM.pm. 2. Can I change a password non interactively? All the discussion of the previous question also applies here. There is however one serious complication. When changing a password it is quite possible that the PAM library will send you at lest two PAM_ECHO_OFF prompts - one for the old password and one or two for the new one. Therefore, the first thing you should do is to see what sequence of prompts is produced by your service. Then the conversation func- tion should include some state variable to distinguish the different prompts. Here is an example: use Authen::PAM; $service = "passwd"; $username = "foo"; $oldpassword = "old_pass"; $newpassword = "new_pass"; sub my_conv_func { my @res; while ( @_ ) { my $code = shift; my $msg = shift; my $ans = ""; $ans = $username if ($code == PAM_PROMPT_ECHO_ON() ); if ($code == PAM_PROMPT_ECHO_OFF() ) { $ans = $oldpassword if ($state == 0); $ans = $newpassword if ($state == 1); $ans = $newpassword if ($state == 2); $state++; } push @res, (PAM_SUCCESS(),$ans); } push @res, PAM_SUCCESS(); return @res; } ref($pamh = new Authen::PAM($service, $username, &my_conv_func)) || die "Error code $pamh during PAM init!"; $state = 0; $res = $pamh->pam_chauthtok; print $pamh->pam_strerror($res)," " unless $res == PAM_SUCCESS(); If you are running the script as root then most likely you will not be prompted for an old password. In this case you can simply return the new password at the ECHO_OFF prompt. The $msg variable contains the text of the input prompt which you can use for additional test or for debugging purposes, e.g. if ($code == PAM_PROMPT_ECHO_OFF() ) { if ($state>=1 || $msg=~/new/i) { # are we asked for a new password $ans = $newpassword; } else { $ans = $oldpassword; } $state++; } 3. Why are the constants PAM_AUTHTOK and PAM_OLDAUTHTOK not avaliable? The PAM_AUTHTOK and PAM_OLDAUTHTOK items can be used to pass authentication tokens (passwords) from one module to another. However, they are avaliable only to PAM modules and not to PAM applicatinos. If you have a special setup in which you really need to preset the password from the application (e.g. using a radius server) then you can use the pam_set_authtok module avaliable from <http://www.uni-hohen- heim.de/~schaefer/linux/pam/pam_set_authtok.html>. SEE ALSO
Authen::PAM AUTHOR
Nikolay Pelov <NIKIP at cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1998-2005 Nikolay Pelov. All rights reserved. This file is part of the Authen::PAM library. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.8.4 2005-06-30 PAM::FAQ(3)