Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Solved] How to create a script by combing two files? Post 302884560 by Akshay Hegde on Monday 20th of January 2014 09:59:44 PM
Old 01-20-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by anshu ranjan
Yes, it worked ..!!
instead of giving value as "16" i just want to give input of cat projects|wc -l
example
Code:
DATE=`date "+%Y-%m-%d"`
value=`cat projects|wc -l`
for (( i=1; i<=$value; i++ )); do echo $DATE > File1; done

but it is giving only one entry in file1.

Code:
cat file1
2014-01-20

change to >>file1

# Redirect output to file "filename" overwrite if file is existing
command >filename

# Redirect and append output to file "filename"
command >>filename

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

[solved] merging two files and writing to another file- solved

i have two files as file1: 1 2 3 file2: a b c and the output should be: file3: 1~a 2~b 3~c (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mlpathir
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

combing two lines

Hi list, I have to combine two lines and adding the " - " in between. So: Here's sentence A Here's Senctence B Here's sentence A - Here's Senctence B I know how to us SED: sed '$!N;s/\n/ /' for combining tow lines. But how do I insert the " - " correctly? Thanks! Martijn (os... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: M474746
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to create files

Requirement:- SQLs select name from v$datafile; select name from v$controlfile; select name from v$tempfile; select MEMBER from v$logfile; These sqls has to run in one script and o/p of each sql has to write in seperate files.But the o/p is like if we issue select name from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanal
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

[Solved] HOW TO CREATE VM IN HP UX 11.31

can any one tell me ..HOW TO CREATE VM IN HP UX 11.31 V3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hsejar123
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

[Solved] Help with a script to gzip/move files

Hi Please can you help me in writing a script to find files on a specific directory, and of extension "tap" but only of the month of september, gzip and move them to another directory. Your help will be appreciated. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Get files & delete them by shell script

I want to use my script to get any file then delete it once it transfers to my side , I manage to create below script to generate "list" file which contains all file names in "10.10.1.1" then I made "a.out" file which contains the commands that I want to run it on "10.10.1.1" to get & delete the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arm
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Script to concatenate 2 files with the same number of lines

Hi everyone, I have two files, namely: file1: file1Col1Row1;file1Col2Row1;file1Col3Row1 file1Col1Row2;file1Col2Row2;file1Col3Row2 file1Col1Row3;file1Col2Row3;file1Col3Row3file2: file2Col1Row1;file2Col2Row1;file2Col3Row1 file2Col1Row2;file2Col2Row2;file2Col3Row2... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gacanepa
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Help with shell Script ,wait for some files for some time??

Hi All, I have the requirement that ,i have to write a shell script that job has to wait for a 7 touch files created by another application for 4 hours, if i get all 7 touch files ,i have to send a mail that i jobs are completed, if if it is waiting for more than 4 hours i have to send a mail... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pradeep Shetty
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create or convert to pdf files from csv files using shell script?

Hi, Can anyone help me how to convert a .csv file to a .pdf file using shell script Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python Combing Two Commands

I have been digging deeper into Python and want to make my code as efficient as possible. The less line of code the better so I have been experimenting and wanted to ask the Python gurus if this is possible. So: ... ... In : kbfileurl = re.search('<p>For more information about this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
6 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)