Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Problems with Apache Virtual Host Post 302884446 by Corona688 on Monday 20th of January 2014 11:37:03 AM
Old 01-20-2014
Well it does not work unless I put sitetest.com, not just sitetest.

It still complains that NameVirtualHost *:80 has no virtualhosts, and nothing but my first vhost works, so I suspect I haven't gotten vhosting working -- just broken my default vhost, to force it to use mine instead.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Apache virtual host

Would this be the correct entry for Apache to answer on the IP 129.250.242.126 if the servers IP is 129.250.242.125? Are any other changes necessary to get Apache to answer this IP for web traffic? < VirtualHost 129.250.242.126> ServerName www.my_domain.com ServerAdmin admin@my_domain.com... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Resolving Aliases and Virtual IP's on a Host

I am currently going through the servers in our network and trying to compile a list of the current aliases for each box and any virtual IP addresses. I can check for the ones that are supposed to be there but how do I list the ones that I don't even know exist? ANY help would be greatly... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Scott Pullen
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Unix virtual host detection

I have a need to write scripts that can reliably determine the virtual host of a Sun Solaris system. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Meridian
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Unix virtual host detection

Is it possible to reliably detect the virtual host of a Sun Solaris box, within a shell or Perl script? Can a system have multiple virtual host or not host at all ? I was recently made aware of hostname command, but was not sure if this option was the only one available. Any help is much... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meridian
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

Virtual Host Apache

Hi, I have set up the following virtual host but it cannot find the URL? Apache is running fine and I have disabled iptables. Within the document root I have the following file index.html displaying a sample text message. Any ideas what my problem might be? httpd.conf: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Change hostID of Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine installed by Virtual Box 4.1.12 on Windows-XP host

Trying to set or modify the randomly set hostID of a Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine that I installed on a Windows-XP host machine (using Virtual Box 4.1.12). I was able to set/modify the hostname of the Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine during installation as well as via the Virtual Box... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Matt_VB
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

Apache question - virtual host related

Hi folks, I recently read about Apache virtual host and was able to configure that as well. I used name based virtual host (lets say http://vhost1.example.com) and it worked just fine. Then I configured another named based virtual host on same apache server (lets say http://vhost2.example.com)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: freebird8z
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Apache virtual host config vs global config problem

Hi folks, I am trying to configure Apache webserver and also a virtual host inside this webserver. For Global server config: /var/www/html/index.html For virtual host config: /var/www/virtual/index.html Both client10 & www10 are pointing to 192.168.122.10 IP address. BUT, MY... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freebird8z
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 virtual - how do I tell physical host?

uname -a reports type Generic so I know its virtual. Assume its an ldom somewhere. How do I find out what physical host server is? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Apache Virtual host issue

Hello, I am facing a very strange issue while setting a virtual host on apache to setup multiple websites using separate IPs. Virtual host is setup but when i am browsing the website it display content under /var/www/html and displaying site1 and site2 folder instead of access the content... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnysthakur
2 Replies
Encode::Guess(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					Encode::Guess(3pm)

NAME
Encode::Guess -- Guesses encoding from data SYNOPSIS
# if you are sure $data won't contain anything bogus use Encode; use Encode::Guess qw/euc-jp shiftjis 7bit-jis/; my $utf8 = decode("Guess", $data); my $data = encode("Guess", $utf8); # this doesn't work! # more elaborate way use Encode::Guess, my $enc = guess_encoding($data, qw/euc-jp shiftjis 7bit-jis/); ref($enc) or die "Can't guess: $enc"; # trap error this way $utf8 = $enc->decode($data); # or $utf8 = decode($enc->name, $data) ABSTRACT
Encode::Guess enables you to guess in what encoding a given data is encoded, or at least tries to. DESCRIPTION
By default, it checks only ascii, utf8 and UTF-16/32 with BOM. use Encode::Guess; # ascii/utf8/BOMed UTF To use it more practically, you have to give the names of encodings to check (suspects as follows). The name of suspects can either be canonical names or aliases. # tries all major Japanese Encodings as well use Encode::Guess qw/euc-jp shiftjis 7bit-jis/; Encode::Guess->set_suspects You can also change the internal suspects list via "set_suspects" method. use Encode::Guess; Encode::Guess->set_suspects(qw/euc-jp shiftjis 7bit-jis/); Encode::Guess->add_suspects Or you can use "add_suspects" method. The difference is that "set_suspects" flushes the current suspects list while "add_suspects" adds. use Encode::Guess; Encode::Guess->add_suspects(qw/euc-jp shiftjis 7bit-jis/); # now the suspects are euc-jp,shiftjis,7bit-jis, AND # euc-kr,euc-cn, and big5-eten Encode::Guess->add_suspects(qw/euc-kr euc-cn big5-eten/); Encode::decode("Guess" ...) When you are content with suspects list, you can now my $utf8 = Encode::decode("Guess", $data); Encode::Guess->guess($data) But it will croak if Encode::Guess fails to eliminate all other suspects but the right one or no suspect was good. So you should instead try this; my $decoder = Encode::Guess->guess($data); On success, $decoder is an object that is documented in Encode::Encoding. So you can now do this; my $utf8 = $decoder->decode($data); On failure, $decoder now contains an error message so the whole thing would be as follows; my $decoder = Encode::Guess->guess($data); die $decoder unless ref($decoder); my $utf8 = $decoder->decode($data); guess_encoding($data, [, list of suspects]) You can also try "guess_encoding" function which is exported by default. It takes $data to check and it also takes the list of sus- pects by option. The optional suspect list is not reflected to the internal suspects list. my $decoder = guess_encoding($data, qw/euc-jp euc-kr euc-cn/); die $decoder unless ref($decoder); my $utf8 = $decoder->decode($data); # check only ascii and utf8 my $decoder = guess_encoding($data); CAVEATS
o Because of the algorithm used, ISO-8859 series and other single-byte encodings do not work well unless either one of ISO-8859 is the only one suspect (besides ascii and utf8). use Encode::Guess; # perhaps ok my $decoder = guess_encoding($data, 'latin1'); # definitely NOT ok my $decoder = guess_encoding($data, qw/latin1 greek/); The reason is that Encode::Guess guesses encoding by trial and error. It first splits $data into lines and tries to decode the line for each suspect. It keeps it going until all but one encoding was eliminated out of suspects list. ISO-8859 series is just too suc- cessful for most cases (because it fills almost all code points in x00-xff). o Do not mix national standard encodings and the corresponding vendor encodings. # a very bad idea my $decoder = guess_encoding($data, qw/shiftjis MacJapanese cp932/); The reason is that vendor encoding is usually a superset of national standard so it becomes too ambiguous for most cases. o On the other hand, mixing various national standard encodings automagically works unless $data is too short to allow for guessing. # This is ok if $data is long enough my $decoder = guess_encoding($data, qw/euc-cn euc-jp shiftjis 7bit-jis euc-kr big5-eten/); o DO NOT PUT TOO MANY SUSPECTS! Don't you try something like this! my $decoder = guess_encoding($data, Encode->encodings(":all")); It is, after all, just a guess. You should alway be explicit when it comes to encodings. But there are some, especially Japanese, envi- ronment that guess-coding is a must. Use this module with care. TO DO
Encode::Guess does not work on EBCDIC platforms. SEE ALSO
Encode, Encode::Encoding perl v5.8.0 2002-06-01 Encode::Guess(3pm)