Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How To Arrange Record In A Special Order? Post 302884423 by RavinderSingh13 on Monday 20th of January 2014 10:03:58 AM
Old 01-20-2014
Hello,

Could you please try the following.

Code:
awk -F"|" '{print $6}' OFS="|" get_6th_column | grep -v '^$'

Output will be.

Code:

Thanks,
R. Singh

Last edited by RavinderSingh13; 01-20-2014 at 11:18 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

reconstructing a record in a diffrent order

Can sed be used to take a existing record and reverse the order of defined character placement if there is no delimeters? existing record: 0123456789CO expected result: 9876543210CO if there were delimeters I could define the delimeter and each placement would have an id which I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: r1500
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

change order of fields in header record

Hello, after 9 months of archiving 1000 files, now, i need to change the order of fields in the header record. some very large, space padded files. HEADERCAS05212008D0210DOMEST01(spacepadded to record length 210) must now be 05212008HEADERCASD0210DOMEST01(spacepadded to record length 210) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JohnMario
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to remove duplicate lines of a record without changing the order

Hi all, I have to remove duplicate lines in a file without chainging the order.for eg if i have a record pqr def abc lmn pqr abc mkh hgf the output should be pqr def abc lmn mkh hgf (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi.roy03
7 Replies

4. Programming

generating pair of numbers in special order

I need some help in generating pair of numbers in orders using FORTRAN code. The order is like following. loop_1: 1,2 2,3 3,4 4,5 5,6 6,7 7,8 ..... until <= 2000 loop_2: 1,3 3,5, 5,7 7,9 9,11 11,13 ........until <= 2000 loop_3: 1,4, 4,7 7,10 10,13 13,17 ..... until... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjramana
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reject the record if the record in the next line does not satisfy the pattern

Hi, I have a input file with the following entries: 1one 2two 3three 1four 2five 3six 1seven 1eight 1nine 2ten The output should be 1one 2two 3three 1four 2five 3six (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: supchand
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare current record,with next and previous record in awk without using array?

Hi! all can any one tell me how to compare current record of column with next and previous record in awk without using array my case is like this input.txt 0 32 1 26 2 27 3 34 4 26 5 25 6 24 9 23 0 32 1 28 2 15 3 26 4 24 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dona Clara
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arrange values in ascending order

HI I have a file # vi assc values order fin 100 34 45 200 12 64 120 10 23 Here I need to check whether the values of second column"order" is arranged ascendingly Note: Always order column will be arranged either in ascending or descending order How to make it?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract timestamp from first record in xml file and it checks if not it will replace first record

I have test.xml <emp><id>101</id><name>AAA</name><date>06/06/14 1811</date></emp> <Join><id>101</id><city>london</city><date>06/06/14 2011</date></join> <Join><id>101</id><city>new york</city><date>06/06/14 1811</date></join> <Join><id>101</id><city>sydney</city><date>06/06/14... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsraju
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need code for updating second record to first record in shell scripting

Hi,, I have requirement that i need to get DISTINCT values from a table and if there are two records i need to update it to one record and then need to submit INSERT statements by using the updated value as a parameter. Here is the example follows.. SELECT DISTINCT ID FROM OFFER_GROUP WHERE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Samah
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help to delete special characters exists only at the end of the each record in UNIX file?

Hi, I have a file in unix with 15 columns.It consists special characters(#,$,^M,@,*,% etc)at the end of the each record.I want to remove these special characters.I used the following: Sed -e 's/ /g;s/ */ /g' . But It is removing special characters exists everywhere in the file(begining,middle... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshp
24 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)                                                 General Commands Manual                                                ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)