Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Count specific column values
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Count specific column values Post 302884408 by Yoda on Monday 20th of January 2014 08:38:40 AM
Old 01-20-2014
In GNU sort, use -u option:
Code:
cut -f2 file | sort -u

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

count number of rows based on other column values

Could anybody help with this? I have input below ..... david,39 david,39 emelie,40 clarissa,22 bob,42 bob,42 tim,32 bob,39 david,38 emelie,47 what i want to do is count how many names there are with different ages, so output would be like this .... david,2 emelie,2 clarissa,1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsme999
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Word count of values in a column

Hi friends, I have an input file of the following format a b c 1.11112 d e f 4.5767 g h i 19.098 k i l 87.9999 I am looking for an awk one liners that would help me in giving the following output output.txt Range of the column: 1.11112 to 87.9999 Total records between 1 and 10 - 2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Count the lines with the same values in a column and write the output to a file

Hey everyone! I have a tab delimited data set which I want to create an output contained the calculation of number of those lines with a certain value in 2nd and 3rd column. my input file is like this: ID1 1 10M AAATTTCCGG ID2 5 4M ACGT ID3 5 8M ACCTTGGA ID4 5 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: @man
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

count number of distinct values in each column with awk

Hi ! input: A|B|C|D A|F|C|E A|B|I|C A|T|I|B As the title of the thread says, I would need to get: 1|3|2|4 I tried different variants of this command, but I don't manage to obtain what I need: gawk 'BEGIN{FS=OFS="|"}{for(i=1; i<=NF; i++) a++} END {for (b in a) print b}' input ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to count occurrences in a specific column

Hi, I need help to count the number of occurrences in $3 of file1.txt. I only know how to count by checking one by one and the code is like this: awk '$3 ~ /aku hanya poyo/ {++c} END {print c}' FS="\t" file1.txt But this is not wise to do as i have hundreds of different occurrences in that... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count specific characters at specific column positions

Hi all, I need help. I have an input text file (input.txt) like this: 21 GTGCAACACCGTCTTGAGAGG 50 21 GACCGAGACAGAATGAAAATC 73 21 CGGGTCTGTAGTAGCAAACGC 108 21 CGAAAAATGAACCCCTTTATC 220 21 CGTGATCCTGTTGAAGGGTCG 259 Now I need to count A/T/G/C numbers at each character location in column... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thienxho
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract values from a specific column to the end

Hello friends, I have a text file with many columns (no. columns vary from row to row) separated by space. I need to collect all the values from 18th column to the end from each line and group them as pairs and then numbering like below.. 1. 18th-col-value 19th-col-value 2. 20th-col-value ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count frequency of unique values in specific column

Hi, I have tab-deliminated data similar to the following: dot is-big 2 dot is-round 3 dot is-gray 4 cat is-big 3 hot in-summer 5 I want to count the frequency of each individual "unique" value in the 1st column. Thus, the desired output would be as follows: dot 3 cat 1 hot 1 is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count number of unique values in each column of array

What is an efficient way of counting the number of unique values in a 400 column by 1000 row array and outputting the counts per column, assuming the unique values in the array are: A, B, C, D In other words the output should look like: Value COL1 COL2 COL3 A 50 51 52... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Geneanalyst
16 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Copy columns from one file into another and get sum of column values and row count

I have a file abc.csv, from which I need column 24(PurchaseOrder_TotalCost) to get the sum_of_amounts with date and row count into another file say output.csv abc.csv- UTF-8,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tahir_M
6 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)