Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SQL query output convert to HTML & send as email body Post 302884405 by Scott on Monday 20th of January 2014 08:18:15 AM
Old 01-20-2014
It depends which database system you are using.

In MySQL, you can use the -H (or --html) option. In Oracle SQLPlus, you can use set markup html on.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

We need a script that invokes the sql query every 14 days ans send email

Hi, We need a script that invokes the sql query every 14 days ans send email (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bujjisveeru
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

We need a script that invokes the sql query every 14 days ans send email

HI, We need a script that invokes the sql query every 14 days ans send email (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bujjisveeru
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

Send HTML body and HTML attachment using MUTT command

Hi there.. I need a proper "mutt" command to send a mail with html body and html attachment at a time. Also if possible let me know the other commands to do this task. Please help me.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickramshetty
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send email after comparing the folder permissions to a certain permission & send email

Hello , I am trying to write a unix shell script to compare folder permission to say drwxr-x-wx and then send an email to my id in case the folders don't have the drwxr-x-wx permissions set for them . I have been trying to come up with a script for few days now , pls help me:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nairshar
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Email with multiple attachments & HTML body

I have a html file: # cat sample.html <html> <body> Sample HTML file</p> </body> </html> And I have two excel sheets (sheet1.xls & sheet2.xls) I want to send an email by having the sample.html as the message body and two spreadsheets as the attachments. I tried using the below command:... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: BHM
12 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mutt for html body and multiple html & pdf attachments

Hi all: Been racking my brain on this for the last couple of days and what has been most frustrating is that this is the last piece I need to complete a project. There are numerous posts discussing mutt in this forum and others but I have been unable to find similar issues. Running with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raggmopp
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email body not formatted with html and sendmail

Hi All, I am trying to send the contents of a file as email body. I am using html email and sendmail option of unix. I am using the below piece of code for the same : #!/usr/bin/ksh export MAILTO="email@domain.com" export SUBJECT="Report" export BODY="file_directory_path/test_file.txt"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rockygsd
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting unable to send the sql query data in table in body of email

I have written a shell script that calls below sql file. It is not sending the query data in table in the body of email. spool table_update.html; SELECT * FROM PROCESS_LOG_STATS where process = 'ActivateSubscription'; spool off; exit; Please use code tags next time for your code and data.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sharanakumar
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

HTML table in email body using C Shell

I am using Sun Solaris ver. 5.10 and trying to send an HTML table in email body using mail command in C shell script. I tried following commands:- #1 mail -m "MIME-Version: 1.0;Content-type:text/html;charset=UTF-8" receiver@mail.com < file.html #2 mail -m "Content-type: text/html;" -s "This... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnrohit2k
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending sql output to email body with conditional subject line

hi , i have written below piece of code to meet the requirement but i am stuck in the logic here. the requirement are: 1) to send the sql out put to email body with proper formatting. 2) if count_matching = Yes then mail should triggered with the subject line ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: itzkashi
10 Replies
MYSQL_SECURE_INST(1)					       MySQL Database System					      MYSQL_SECURE_INST(1)

NAME
mysql_secure_installation - improve MySQL installation security SYNOPSIS
mysql_secure_installation DESCRIPTION
This program enables you to improve the security of your MySQL installation in the following ways: o You can set a password for root accounts. o You can remove root accounts that are accessible from outside the local host. o You can remove anonymous-user accounts. o You can remove the test database (which by default can be accessed by all users, even anonymous users), and privileges that permit anyone to access databases with names that start with test_. mysql_secure_installation helps you implement security recommendations similar to those described at Section 2.10.2, "Securing the Initial MySQL Accounts". Invoke mysql_secure_installation without arguments: shell> mysql_secure_installation When executed, the script prompts you to determine which actions to perform. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997, 2014, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Oracle Corporation (http://dev.mysql.com/). MySQL 5.5 01/30/2014 MYSQL_SECURE_INST(1)