Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Automatic su password entry script Post 302884311 by 3therk1ll on Monday 20th of January 2014 03:31:06 AM
Old 01-20-2014
Haha, ok cool. Cheers dude.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

/etc/shadow update password entry! ( getspent? )

Hi i just whant to update an password entry in /etc/shadow. But dosen't get it to work. Something is wrong! in this code. What i try do do is if user kalle exist in shadow. I whant it to update it's password for just that entry. #include <stdio.h> #include <errno.h> #include <stdlib.h>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nighter
2 Replies

2. Programming

userpw.h AIX ( delete entry from the shadow password database )

HI i need to delete an entry in /etc/security/passwd. can't find a way to do it with userpw.h api ( AIX ). the passwd file i delete like this. Write all entrys to passwd file except the one we are removing. can't find any function that works like getspent / getpwent do in AIX userpw api.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nighter
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

automating username / password entry

I have a database that contains a list of server names, and the password for the root user on several servers (100+). I need to verify the passwords for each of the servers in an automated fashion because the database continues to grow. All of the users that I'm going to test are ROOT. I can't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jbeck22
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to delay password entry - putty connection manager

Hi all, putty connection manager is great but when attempting to sudo or ssh to another box via the post login commands it is subject to issues due to network latency (what happens is that pcm enters the password before the unix box is ready to receive it). Is there any clever way I can make... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skinnygav
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep for password file entry

How would I grep for password file entry without using grep 'username' /etc/passwd? perhaps with who? I want to create alias that will find the password file entry regardless of the user who is using it. I am trying to get the same exact line from the file entry like: Name : Password : UserID... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: alis
7 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to grep for password file entry

How would I grep for password file entry without using grep 'username' /etc/passwd? perhaps with who? I want to create alias that will find the password file entry regardless of the user who is using it. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alis
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

loop picks up password for 2 entry...how to avoid that ?

hello all, i am trying to find a better to do what i am doing right now... i have a file called sidlist...which has my database_name and password to the respective database so something like below.. file is called sidlist and entry is below... test, abc123 kes12, abcd12 pss, abcd1234... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdul.irfan2
5 Replies

8. HP-UX

Automatic script to change the UNIX Password

Hi, we have around 50 users and every month we need to change the password manually once its expire. do we have any script to change the password automatically. OS -HP-UX Thanks in advance.. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: periyasamycse
6 Replies

9. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

Help me, write a bash script to delete parent entry with all their child entry in LDAP UNIX server

Hi All, Please help me and guide me to write a bash/shell script on Linux box to delete parent entry with all their child entries. example: Parent is : ---------- dn: email=yogesh.kumar@wipro.com, o=wipro, o=in child is: ---------- dn: cn: yogesh kumar, email=yogesh.kumar@wipro.com,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chand
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Set password in bash script without manual entry-Solaris 10

Hi I have a root script which is setting up user and his dirs and so on. After I create user and set up all the necessary I have to manually set user password. I try all possible ways what google find me and nothing works for me. If maybe one of you have a solution for my problem it will be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jaffakeks
1 Replies
Test::WWW::Mechanize::CGIApp(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 Test::WWW::Mechanize::CGIApp(3pm)

NAME
Test::WWW::Mechanize::CGIApp - Test::WWW::Mechanize for CGI::Application SYNOPSIS
# We're in a t/*.t test script... use Test::WWW::Mechanize::CGIApp; my $mech = Test::WWW::Mechanize::CGIApp->new; # test a class that uses CGI::Application calling semantics. # (in this case we'll new up an instance of the app and call # its ->run() method) # $mech->app("My::WebApp"); $mech->get_ok("?rm=my_run_mode&arg1=1&arg2=42"); # test a class that uses CGI::Application::Dispatch # to locate the run_mode # (in this case we'll just call the ->dispatch() class method). # my $dispatched_mech = Test::WWW::Mechanize::CGIApp->new; $dispatched_mech->app("My::DispatchApp"); $mech->get_ok("/WebApp/my_run_mode?arg1=1&arg2=42"); # create an anonymous sub that this class will use to # handle the request. # # this could be useful if you need to do something novel # after creating an instance of your class (e.g. the # fiddle_with_stuff() below) or maybe you have a unique # way to get the app to run. # my $custom_mech = Test::WWW::Mechanize::CGIApp->new; $custom_mech->app( sub { require "My::WebApp"; my $app = My::WebApp->new(); $app->fiddle_with_stuff(); $app->run(); }); $mech->get_ok("?rm=my_run_mode&arg1=1&arg2=42"); # at this point you can play with all kinds of cool # Test::WWW::Mechanize testing methods. is($mech->ct, "text/html"); $mech->title_is("Root", "On the root page"); $mech->content_contains("This is the root page", "Correct content"); $mech->follow_link_ok({text => 'Hello'}, "Click on Hello"); # ... and all other Test::WWW::Mechanize methods DESCRIPTION
This package makes testing CGIApp based modules fast and easy. It takes advantage of Test::WWW::Mechanize to provide functions for common web testing scenarios. For example: $mech->get_ok( $page ); $mech->title_is( "Invoice Status", "Make sure we're on the invoice page" ); $mech->content_contains( "Andy Lester", "My name somewhere" ); $mech->content_like( qr/(cpan|perl).org/, "Link to perl.org or CPAN" ); For applications that inherit from CGI::Application it will handle requests by creating a new instance of the class and calling its "run" method. For applications that use CGI::Application::Dispatch it will call the "dispatch" class method. If neither of these options are the right thing, you can set a reference to a sub that will be used to handle the request. This module supports cookies automatically. Check out Test::WWW::Mechanize for more information about all of the cool things you can test! CONSTRUCTOR
new Behaves like, and calls, Test::WWW::Mechanize's "new" method. It optionally uses an "app" parameter (see below), any other parameters get passed to Test::WWW::Mechanize's constructor. Note that you can either pass the name of the CGI::Application into the constructor using the "app" parameter or set it later using the "app" method. use Test::WWW::Mechanize::CGIApp; my $mech = Test::WWW::Mechanize::CGIApp->new; # or my $mech = Test::WWW::Mechanize::CGIApp->new(app => 'TestApp'); METHODS
$mech->app($app_handler) This method provides a mechanism for informing Test::WWW::Mechanize::CGIApp how it should go about executing your run_mode. If you set it to the name of a class, then it will load the class and either create an instance and ->run() it (if it's CGI::Application based), invoke the ->dispatch() method if it's CGI::Application::Dispatch based, or call the supplied anonymous subroutine and let it do all of the heavy lifting. SEE ALSO
Related modules which may be of interest: Test::WWW::Mechanize, WWW::Mechanize. Various implementation tricks came from Test::WWW::Mechanize::Catalyst. AUTHOR
George Hartzell, "<hartzell@alerce.com>" based on Test::WWW::Mechanize::Catalyst by Leon Brocard, "<acme@astray.com>". COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007, George Hartzell This module is free software; you can redistribute it or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.8.8 2008-03-12 Test::WWW::Mechanize::CGIApp(3pm)