Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat VM becomes slow every 3-4 days Post 302884291 by Don Cragun on Sunday 19th of January 2014 11:48:28 PM
Old 01-20-2014
You provided VERY little information when you asked this question. So, it isn't surprising that there weren't any responses. Bumping up the post with no new information doesn't help.

You haven't shown us anything that indicates that anything is running slowly; only that the amount of memory used by your top 10 memory consumers is less than 20% of your system's memory.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Slow

The site has gone slow for quite some time... Can you do somethin abt it (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DPAI
2 Replies

2. SCO

Slow cd response

Hi All We have one SCO Server here and it never gives us any trouble. Until Now!! Well its not earth shattering but we have one user who is complaining of a very slow response time when changing to his Home Directory. Other users who have similar profiles are OK. I have su'd to this user and I can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JohnOB
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls latest 4 days or specify days of files in the directory

Hi, I would like to list latest 2 days, 3 days or 4 days,etc of files in the directory... how? is it using ls? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
3 Replies

4. Solaris

ssh very slow

I'm facing a problem when trying to ssh to SUN servers with solaris OS,it takes a long time until prompted for password ..after connecting to the server everything work fine..how can I solve this issue??? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mm00123
11 Replies

5. SCO

Printer is slow

The syslog shows: FEB 5 17:42:07 NGXXXXX SYSLOG: SCOADM: LOCALHOST {SCO_NETWORKSPOOLER} {LPD} ERR OR SCO_OFACE_MSG_ERROR {ERROR {{SCO_OSA_ERR_PROCESSING_FAILURE {GENERAL FAILURE OCCURED IN PROCESSING THE REQUEST.}} {SCO_PRINTER_OSA_ERR_RLP_NOT_INSTALLED {THE TCP/IP RLP REMOTE PRINTING PACKAGE... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagan8877
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

date for two days or 3 days ago

i need a script that can tell me the date 2 days ago or 3 days ago. please help (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomjones
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job running for some days and is not running for some days

Hi.. i have written a shell script and made this script to run on every day night 11: 55 pm using a cron job. This cron job running for some days and is not running for some day. but i need this script to run every day night. Please help me. Here is the cron tab entries, 55 23 * * *... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Working out days of the week and processing file in 3 working days

Hi guys i need advice on the approach to this one...... I have a file say called Thisfile.20130524.txt i need to work out from the date 20130524 what day of the week that was and then process the file in 3 working days. (so not counting saturday or sunday....(will not worry about bank... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: twinion
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to find a file that's modified more than 2 days ago but less than 5 days ago?

How to find a file that's modified more than 2 days ago but was modified less than 5 days ago by use of any Linux utility ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdulbadii
4 Replies
MALLOC_TRIM(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						    MALLOC_TRIM(3)

NAME
malloc_trim - release free memory from the top of the heap SYNOPSIS
#include <malloc.h> int malloc_trim(size_t pad); DESCRIPTION
The malloc_trim() function attempts to release free memory at the top of the heap (by calling sbrk(2) with a suitable argument). The pad argument specifies the amount of free space to leave untrimmed at the top of the heap. If this argument is 0, only the minimum amount of memory is maintained at the top of the heap (i.e., one page or less). A nonzero argument can be used to maintain some trailing space at the top of the heap in order to allow future allocations to be made without having to extend the heap with sbrk(2). RETURN VALUE
The malloc_trim() function returns 1 if memory was actually released back to the system, or 0 if it was not possible to release any memory. ERRORS
No errors are defined. ATTRIBUTES
For an explanation of the terms used in this section, see attributes(7). +--------------+---------------+---------+ |Interface | Attribute | Value | +--------------+---------------+---------+ |malloc_trim() | Thread safety | MT-Safe | +--------------+---------------+---------+ CONFORMING TO
This function is a GNU extension. NOTES
This function is automatically called by free(3) in certain circumstances; see the discussion of M_TOP_PAD and M_TRIM_THRESHOLD in mal- lopt(3). This function cannot release free memory located at places other than the top of the heap. This function releases only memory in the main arena. SEE ALSO
sbrk(2), malloc(3), mallopt(3) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2017-09-15 MALLOC_TRIM(3)