Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: String capture from ip file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting String capture from ip file Post 302884263 by Scrutinizer on Sunday 19th of January 2014 11:19:34 AM
Old 01-19-2014
This might then work too:
Code:
awk 'sub(".*" $5, $3 FS $4)' file

@OP: Do you know what is the format of the file? How are the fields separated?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

capture output of file and send last string thereof to new file

Hello, If I run a program from within shell, the output is displayed in the command line terminal. Is there a way I can capture that output and choose only the very last string in it to send it to a new file? Thank you (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lorna
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to capture the service name from tnsnames.ora and create connect string

ghkjkjoj (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetankelvin
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to capture certain text from a string in a different file

Hi, I wanted to know how i could accomplish this in a script using ksh. Lets say there is a file called test.dat and it has a certain input like below : . . Hi = 56 Hi = 67 . . 1 record(s) selected Now i need to capture the numbers after the = sign and store them in a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddarth
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

capture data from matched string/line

Hi, I have a query as follows : suppose I am matching a string in a file say "start from here" and I want to pick up 'n' number of lines () from the matched string. Is there any way to do that ? 1) going forward I want to do this for every match for the above string 2) or limit this to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumoka
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture string contained on a line?

Hello All, I'm working on a script that runs the wget command on a list of IP Address in order to capture the data at that address' index.html. That part works fine to get the HTML code at that address but the data I'm trying to pull out is on a line containing a BUNCH of code for an HTML... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to capture a string enclose by a pattern within a file?

Hi all, My file :test.txt just like this: ........................... From: 333:123<sip:88888888888@bbbb.com To: <sip:123456@aaaaa.com ......................... I want a script to capture the string between sip: & @ Expect output: 88888888888 123456 Please help! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alex Li
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk help string capture

Dear All My input file as under. From it I want op fine as mention below. Kindly help. I use below code but not help. code: awk -F" " '{print $2}' ip file: "BSCJNGR_IPA17_C" 030 131207 1305 RXOCF-353 PBD011_BGIL BOTH AC FAULTY "BSCJNGR_IPA17_C" 991 131207 1637 RXOCF-224 NAV001_BGIL ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to capture string below a line?

Hi, I need to collect IP address of all servers (more than 300). One way is put it in for loop and run nslookup for that servers list, but there are multiple fields in output. (tty/dev/pts/13): bash: 1011 > nslookup vplssor04 Server: 10.58.115.34 Address: 10.58.115.34#53 Name: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to capture string in a log file

Dear all, I have a log file to be analysed. this log file contains vaiours lines of code starting with date timestamp. if my search string is exception then that resepective log statement starting from the date is required. example: 2014/10/01 16:14:44.459|>=|E|X|19202496|2832|... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shravee
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk:String search more than one time and capture OP

Dear All During one of mine script developemnt i am stuch at one sub part. Requiremnt is as below kindly help me. IP file: 2015-02-28 10:10:15 AL M UtranCell UtranCell=RTE001X (unavailable) 2015-02-28 10:10:15 AL M UtranCell UtranCell=RTE001Y (unavailable) 2015-02-28 10:10:15 AL M... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
6 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)