Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Integrate RHEL with Active Directory Post 302884063 by stuffer1984 on Friday 17th of January 2014 09:46:02 AM
Old 01-17-2014
Display Integrate RHEL with Active Directory

Hi All,

I have been given the task of integrating Linux (RedHat, Ubuntu, CentOS and Mac OSX) with a Windows Server 2012 A.D.

if anyone has done this before help would be very much appreciated, I have been looking at using either Samba with Win-bind or SSSD, if anyone has tested this please let me know the best and easiest way they have done this successfully whereby utilizing SSSD it picks up GPO.

Thanks
Stuart

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

unix and active directory

Hi Does anybody know the steps and requirements of the installation process of Windows Active Directory using Unix/Linux Bind DNS. I will appreciate if somebody gives the answer. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Darwin Rodrigue
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Active Directory and UNIX

Hello - I have a very vague question, which will probably result in vague answers because I don't have a lot of detailed information and I don't know a whole lot about active directory. Our Windows/NT admin has been rolling out Active Directory over the past several weeks and as time goes on,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rm -r *
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setup active directory

i would like to ask about unix with active directory..actually my situation is at ny place there already have dns server in unix based,i want to implement an active directory to the network..from what i read about active directory we have to used bind dns...some say that bind could not handle in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nour
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

HP-UX authenticating to Active Directory

Hey, I've asked questions about this project here before and gotten lots of help so I figured I'd give it another try. I've recently set up my HP-UX environment to authenticate to a Windows Active Directory server (Windows Server 2003 R2). I setup an account on Active Directory which works... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rike255
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

ldap and active directory

Hi Friends, I need your help to get some solution of one of my problem. Ours is a mixed domain. Most of the servers are windows and very little linux servers. We are using the MS AD for authentication. My problem is, I want to authenticate linux servers against AD. I donot want to use any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arumon
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Active Directory with 6.1

Is there anyone who is utilizing Active Directory (2008R2) for AIX user account management? If yes or if AD is possible with AIX systems, can you please share what to be done to get there? Please advise. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Active Directory OR LDAP

Hi, How can we check users added through LDAP or AD. Users added through a group of AD or LDAP group. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nishit
2 Replies
SSSD-SIMPLE(5)						   File Formats and Conventions 					    SSSD-SIMPLE(5)

NAME
sssd-simple - the configuration file for SSSD's 'simple' access-control provider DESCRIPTION
This manual page describes the configuration of the simple access-control provider for sssd(8). For a detailed syntax reference, refer to the "FILE FORMAT" section of the sssd.conf(5) manual page. The simple access provider grants or denies access based on an access or deny list of user or group names. The following rules apply: o If all lists are empty, access is granted o If any list is provided, the order of evaluation is allow,deny. This means that any matching deny rule will supersede any matched allow rule. o If either or both "allow" lists are provided, all users are denied unless they appear in the list. o If only "deny" lists are provided, all users are granted access unless they appear in the list. CONFIGURATION OPTIONS
Refer to the section "DOMAIN SECTIONS" of the sssd.conf(5) manual page for details on the configuration of an SSSD domain. simple_allow_users (string) Comma separated list of users who are allowed to log in. simple_deny_users (string) Comma separated list of users who are explicitly denied access. simple_allow_groups (string) Comma separated list of groups that are allowed to log in. This applies only to groups within this SSSD domain. Local groups are not evaluated. simple_deny_groups (string) Comma separated list of groups that are explicitly denied access. This applies only to groups within this SSSD domain. Local groups are not evaluated. Please note that it is an configuration error if both, simple_allow_users and simple_deny_users, are defined. EXAMPLE
The following example assumes that SSSD is correctly configured and example.com is one of the domains in the [sssd] section. This examples shows only the simple access provider-specific options. [domain/example.com] access_provider = simple simple_allow_users = user1, user2 SEE ALSO
sssd.conf(5), sssd(8) AUTHORS
The SSSD upstream - http://fedorahosted.org/sssd SSSD
03/04/2013 SSSD-SIMPLE(5)