Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Want to get list of Linux commands used on specific date through HISTORY command Post 302884049 by karthick nath on Friday 17th of January 2014 08:24:48 AM
Old 01-17-2014
No. If I give history it displays all the linux commands entered from day 1

But specifically I want to list linux commands entered on a particular day.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Scott; 01-17-2014 at 09:25 AM.. Reason: Removed your update, since it relates to my post, which I have deleted

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can I use history command to run previous commands?

Hi, I can use history command in unix to view my last 50 commands. But how can I run the previous commands easily? Can history command help? Firebird (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: firebirdonfire
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date/Time in history command

Hi, Can we display the Date/time stamp in history command Ex: $history output ----------- vi pr.sh ksh -x pr.sh ksh -n pr.sh nhoup ksh pr.sh & nohup ksh pr.sh & i want the output like this Tue Mar 14 17:18:57 GMT 2006 vi pr.sh HOSTNAME is it possible sir ???? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vastare
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Can history commands show what time command executed

On Solaris 8 and 10 is there a way history command can show what time a particular command was executed. Pls reply. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

history command with date

Hi All, Can i get the history command with date, so that i can know which command run at what time??? need it on urjent basis Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
6 Replies

5. Solaris

History search for specific command

How to find out history of specific command run by all users in solaris server ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: piyus
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to view command in history for specific date

hi i want to find a command in history for specific date . is it possible that i can view ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptor
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find Commands Run on Specific Date

Hello All, I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to find out what commands were run on a specific date. I'm looking to see if I can find certain commands that were run on 3/4, today is 3/10...? Any thoughts or ideas would be much appreciated! Thanks in Advance, Matt ----------... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Fc command does not display all commands history of a user

hi, i have an AIX6.1 machine and i modified a user's profile so that it creates history file for each ip address that connects with this user. the reason i did this is because more than 1 person connects with the same user so i want to keep track of command run by all of them. therefore, in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date: invalid date trying to set Linux date in specific format

i try to set linux date & time in specific format but it keep giving me error Example : date "+%d-%m-%C%y %H:%M:%S" -d "19-01-2017 00:05:01" or date +"%d-%m-%C%y %H:%M:%S" -d "19-01-2017 00:05:01" keep giving me this error : date: invalid date ‘19-01-2017 00:05:01' Please use CODE tags... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

History of command by date

hi unix expert how can i see the history of command that i entered in past? history (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abdossamad2003
1 Replies
DDATE(1)						     Emperor Norton Utilities							  DDATE(1)

NAME
ddate - converts Gregorian dates to Discordian dates SYNOPSIS
ddate [+format] [date] DESCRIPTION
ddate prints the date in Discordian date format. If called with no arguments, ddate will get the current system date, convert this to the Discordian date format and print this on the stan- dard output. Alternatively, a Gregorian date may be specified on the command line, in the form of a numerical day, month and year. If a format string is specified, the Discordian date will be printed in a format specified by the string. This mechanism works similarly to the format string mechanism of date(1), only almost completely differently. The fields are: %A Full name of the day of the week (i.e., Sweetmorn) %a Abbreviated name of the day of the week (i.e., SM) %B Full name of the season (i.e., Chaos) %b Abbreviated name of the season (i.e., Chs) %d Ordinal number of day in season (i.e., 23) %e Cardinal number of day in season (i.e., 23rd) %H Name of current Holyday, if any %N Magic code to prevent rest of format from being printed unless today is a Holyday. %n Newline %t Tab %X Number of days remaining until X-Day. (Not valid if the SubGenius options are not compiled in.) %{ %} Used to enclose the part of the string which is to be replaced with the words "St. Tib's Day" if the current day is St. Tib's Day. %. Try it and see. EXAMPLES
% ddate Sweetmorn, Bureaucracy 42, 3161 YOLD % ddate +'Today is %{%A, the %e of %B%}, %Y. %N%nCelebrate %H' Today is Sweetmorn, the 42nd of Bureaucracy, 3161. % ddate +"It's %{%A, the %e of %B%}, %Y. %N%nCelebrate %H" 26 9 1995 It's Prickle-Prickle, the 50th of Bureaucracy, 3161. Celebrate Bureflux % ddate +"Today's %{%A, the %e of %B%}, %Y. %N%nCelebrate %H" 29 2 1996 Today's St. Tib's Day, 3162. BUGS
ddate(1) will produce undefined behavior if asked to produce the date for St. Tib's day and its format string does not contain the St. Tib's Day delimiters %{ and %}. NOTE
After `X-Day' passed without incident, the Church of the SubGenius declared that it had got the year upside down - X-Day is actually in 8661 AD rather than 1998 AD. Thus, the True X-Day is Cfn 40, 9827. AUTHOR
Original program by Druel the Chaotic aka Jeremy Johnson (mpython@gnu.ai.mit.edu) Major rewrite by Lee H:. O:. Smith, KYTP, aka Andrew Bulhak (acb@dev.null.org) Five tons of flax. DISTRIBUTION POLICY
Public domain. All rites reversed. SEE ALSO
date(1), http://www.subgenius.com/ Malaclypse the Younger, Principia Discordia, Or How I Found Goddess And What I Did To Her When I Found Her AVAILABILITY
The ddate command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. 59 Bureaucracy 3161 DDATE(1)