Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to extract certs from apache ca-bundle.crt file? Post 302883929 by Chubler_XL on Thursday 16th of January 2014 05:22:43 PM
Old 01-16-2014
This might do the job:

Code:
awk '
v{v=v"\n"$0}
/----BEGIN/ {v=$0}
/----END/&&v{
  print v > "tmp.crt"
  close("tmp.crt")
  system("keytool -v -printcert -file tmp.crt >> allcerts.log")
  print "\n--------------------------" >> "allcerts.log"
  close("allcerts.log")
  v=x}' ca-bundle.crt

This User Gave Thanks to Chubler_XL For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

change CRT resolution

Hello I want change my CRT resolution from 1152x900x** to 1280x1024x75 on a Solaris platform but I try "/usr/sbin/m64config" and "/usr/sbin/ffbconfig" command, the both commands failed :-( In the /dev/fbs/ directory there is juste one file : cgsix0 have you got a solution to my customer... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ggenevrier
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ssl certs

Hi all can anyone tell me how i can discover the strength of encryption in an ssl cert. I have used various methods ie apps and verisign web page but they just give me general info. I need to know the encryption level. The cert in question is used in Weblogic application for Solaris 8 any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: silvaman
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot backspace on my session in CRT

Hi, when I make a mistake and then try to backspace I am unable to do so . Can someone please suggest How I can correct this on my session For Eg: pwd^H^H^H Thanks rooh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rooh
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

terminal sessions and certs

Hello a few Q's that if anyone knows the answer to i would be grateful: :confused: when exiting a terminal session run through a windows environment i can either type exit or use ctrl +D. I was wondering if one way was a 'cleaner' method to exit then the other or whether it is executed the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hu$h
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

novell certs ?

i want to be cne certified. how good are certmagic preps for novell exams ?. i have heared they r very close to real exams . any comments ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: unaiiim
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Blank screen on crt

Hello I'm new in sun and i have a liitle problem. I buy sun enterprise 420r and connect keyboard and monitor crt (non Sun). But when i start server i have blank screen on crt. I'm new in sun servers and i dont know why its doin this. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: elmik
11 Replies

7. Solaris

openssl installing certs

First, let me openly admit that I am a dummy when it comes to openssl. I've never used it before. I am running SunOS 5.10. I am trying to install the certs for openssl but have no idea how to do that. What I have done so far: 1. Created a CSR using the following command: openssl req... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MichaelInDC
2 Replies

8. Programming

Perl to extract ssl certs from xml file

HI Guys, I'm a newbie in perl. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhamaks
4 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Self signed ca-bundle.crt expired

Hi, I have an issue with openssl. Basically I have a ca certificate which has expired and I have regenerated a new ca.cert from the ca.key file and I have concatenated the output of the new ca.crt file and ca-bundle.crt to a new ca-bundle.crt. Have restarted apache, however I still get the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maverick_here
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to scp File from root user in one server to say crt user in another server and avoid password?

Can someone help in writing some script through which I can transfer file (scp) from root user in abc server to crt user in hfg server and can give the crt user password in script itself so that it doesn't prompt me every time for password (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moon1234
4 Replies
UPDATE-CA-CERTIFICATES(8)				      System Manager's Manual					 UPDATE-CA-CERTIFICATES(8)

NAME
update-ca-certificates - update /etc/ssl/certs and certificates.crt SYNOPSIS
update-ca-certificates [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the update-ca-certificates commands. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution. update-ca-certificates is a program that updates the directory /etc/ssl/certs to hold SSL certificates and generates certificates.crt, a concatenated single-file list of certificates. It reads the file /etc/ca-certificates.conf. Each line gives a pathname of a CA certificate under /usr/share/ca-certificates that should be trusted. Lines that begin with "#" are comment lines and thus ignored. Lines that begin with "!" are deselected, causing the deactivation of the CA certificate in question. Furthermore all certificates found below /usr/local/share/ca-certificates are also included as implicitly trusted. Before terminating, update-ca-certificates invokes run-parts on /etc/ca-certificates/update.d and calls each hook with a list of certifi- cates: those added are prefixed with a +, those removed are prefixed with a -. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. -h, --help Show summary of options. -v, --verbose Be verbose. Output c_rehash. -f, --fresh Fresh updates. Remove symlinks in /etc/ssl/certs directory. FILES
/etc/ca-certificates.conf A configuration file. /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt A single-file version of CA certificates. This hold all CA certificates that you activated in /etc/ca-certificates.conf. /usr/share/ca-certificates Directory of CA certificates. /usr/local/share/ca-certificates Directory of local CA certificates. SEE ALSO
c_rehash(1), AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Fumitoshi UKAI <ukai@debian.or.jp>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). 20 April 2003 UPDATE-CA-CERTIFICATES(8)