Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers FTP batch file suddenly stopped working Post 302883805 by Mick_Dundee on Thursday 16th of January 2014 06:48:47 AM
Old 01-16-2014
[Solved] FTP batch file suddenly stopped working

Hello, we have a UNIX system the runs our business data.

We have 4 users that use a particular batch command file to extract data for use in the Windows side of the fence: (despreg.bat)

Code:
ftp
ftp> open danapak (database name)
connected to danapak
ftp> user ccsb
password ccsb
ftp> getdespreg2056.txt
200 PORT command successful
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for despreg2056.txt <195 bytes>
226 transfer complete
ftp: 196 bytes received in 0.00Seconds 98.00Kbytes/sec

For some reason, one user's command stops and hangs at the 200 PORT command point, and wont go any further to complete the cycle. Everyone else's works fine. Nothing has changed, it had worked previously up to 1 week ago.

Any experts out there ? the target files haven't been amended or moved on the UNIX system nor has it been touched or re-booted.

Last edited by Don Cragun; 01-16-2014 at 08:08 AM.. Reason: Add CODE tags.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Batch FTP Command file

Hello, I am a UNIX newbie and this is my first posting. I need to create a batch command file to ftp from Sun/Solaris to AS/400. Here is an example file: ftp -d -i -n -v 172.28.16.22 pwd ls binary quit This is the result of executing the command file: Connected to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pietro
10 Replies

2. Linux

Cronjobs stopped working

Hi All, I am user of a Linux machine and I have approximatly 15 cronjobs scheduled in my crontab. Yesterday my administrator made LDAP active on my userid and all the things are doing fine after that. But all cronjobs for my user id stored in my crontab have stopped working after that. Could... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bisla.yogender
1 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Batch file to Get New Files Only through FTP

Hi there I want to create a batch file which Get (mget) the newly added Files only, from specific directory on UNIX server to local folder on windows server through FTP, and this batch file will be scheduled to run daily to load the new files. help me plz :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alsharq
1 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Batch file to Get New Files Only through FTP

Hi there I want to create a batch file which Get (mget) the newly added Files only from specific directory on UNIX server to specific folder on windows server using FTP, and this batch file will be scheduled on the windows server to run daily to load the new files (load the newly added files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alsharq
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cleanup job to remove old files suddenly not working

Hi I have a job that has been running for a while with the following statement to cleanup a directory: find /dbmgtu01/app/myplace/log ! \( -name "dc*" -o -name "sc*" -o -name "ms*" \) -type f -mtime +30 -print -exec rm {} \ ; The directory was recently changed to a mount point, with a symbolic... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CAGIRL
2 Replies

6. Solaris

X86 solaris10 suddenly stopped mounting flashdrive

I can't mount flash drives and dvd drives on my x86 solaris 10. The error message appears after login; sd_media_watch_cb: dev gone. When I issue #mount /usb, it first shows disk is mounted or busy, and '/dev/dsk/c3t0d0p1 - there is no such device or address' when I repeat it. But the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute a batch file containing ftp commands??

hi, is there a way i can execute a batch file containing ftp commands like we execute sftp batch file. sftp -b batchfile user@server > output how to create a batch file for ftp executing command and how to run the batch file from a shell script? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
2 Replies

8. AIX

Printer stopped working

I have a serial printer connected to a 16 port ran. All of a sudden my printer stopped working and not sure how to get it back. Can anyone help pint me in the write direction? lsdev -Cc printer gives me the following. lp0 Defined 0A-08-11-00 Other serial printer lp1 Defined 0A-08-11-03... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gmanx
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Mailx stopped working

after a new patch set on the 14th. I noticed that mailx stopped working, as far a I can tell that is the only thing that changed. solaris 10 OS it seems everything is the same, sendmail seems to be running root@server # ps -ef | grep -i sendmail smmsp 687 1 0 10:42:25 ? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: goya
0 Replies
FTPD(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   FTPD(8)

NAME
ftpd, in.ftpd, setup.anonftp - DARPA Internet File Transfer Protocol server SYNOPSIS
ftp stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/in.ftpd in.ftpd tcpd ftp /usr/sbin/in.ftpd DESCRIPTION
Ftpd is the DARPA Internet File Transfer Prototocol server process. The server uses the TCP protocol and listens at the port specified in the ``ftp'' service specification; see services(5). The ftp server currently supports the following ftp requests; case is not distinguished. Request Description ABOR abort previous command ACCT specify account (ignored) ALLO allocate storage (vacuously) APPE append to a file CDUP change to parent of current working directory CWD change working directory DELE delete a file HELP give help information LIST give list files in a directory (``ls -lA'') MKD make a directory MODE specify data transfer mode NLST give name list of files in directory (``ls'') NOOP do nothing PASS specify password PASV prepare for server-to-server transfer PORT specify data connection port PWD print the current working directory QUIT terminate session RETR retrieve a file RMD remove a directory RNFR specify rename-from file name RNTO specify rename-to file name STOR store a file STOU store a file with a unique name STRU specify data transfer structure TYPE specify data transfer type USER specify user name XCUP change to parent of current working directory XCWD change working directory XMKD make a directory XPWD print the current working directory XRMD remove a directory The remaining ftp requests specified in Internet RFC 959 are recognized, but not implemented. The ftp server will abort an active file transfer only when the ABOR command is preceded by a Telnet "Interrupt Process" (IP) signal and a Telnet "Synch" signal in the command Telnet stream, as described in Internet RFC 959. Ftpd interprets file names according to the ``globbing'' conventions used by csh(1). This allows users to utilize the metacharacters ``*?[]{}~''. Ftpd authenticates users according to three rules. 1) The user name must be in the password data base, /etc/passwd, and not have a null password. In this case a password must be pro- vided by the client before any file operations may be performed. 2) The user name must not appear in the file /etc/ftpusers. 3) If the user name is ``anonymous'' or ``ftp'', an anonymous ftp account must be present in the password file (user ``ftp''). In this case the user is allowed to log in by specifying any password (by convention this is given as the client host's name). In the last case, ftpd takes special measures to restrict the client's access privileges. The server performs a chroot(2) command to the home directory of the ``ftp'' user. In order that system security is not breached, it is recommended that the ``ftp'' subtree be con- structed with care; the following rules are recommended. ~ftp) Make the home directory owned by ``ftp'' and unwritable by anyone. ~ftp/bin) Make this directory owned by the super-user and unwritable by anyone. The program ls(1) must be present to support the list com- mands. This program should have mode 111. ~ftp/etc) Make this directory owned by the super-user and unwritable by anyone. The files passwd(5) and group(5) must be present for the ls command to work properly. These files should be mode 444. ~ftp/pub) Make this directory mode 755 and owned by the super-user. Create directories in it owned by users if those users want to manage an anonymous ftp directory. ~ftp/pub/incoming) Optionally create this directory for anonymous uploads. Make it mode 777. The FTP daemon will create files with mode 266, so remote users can write a file, but only local users can do something with it. The script setup.anonftp can be used to create or check an anonymous FTP tree. SEE ALSO
ftp(1). BUGS
The anonymous account is inherently dangerous and should avoided when possible. FTPD(8)