Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Read in shell variable values from a file Post 302883654 by Corona688 on Wednesday 15th of January 2014 12:52:40 PM
Old 01-15-2014
In what way does Don's solution not work for you? It does exactly what you asked for.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I read variable values from file?

Hi, I want to pratmeterze my scripts like, my confRsync file contains varibale values for 1. host 2. Destination and 3. source like this, I want to read this values from this and assing to my makeRsyn.sh file's varibales. how to do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn Shell Script - Read File & Search On Values

I am attempting to itterate through a file that has multiple lines and for each one read the entire line and use the value then to search in other files. The problem is that instead of an entire line I am getting each word in the file set as the value I am searching for. For example in File 1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: run_unx_novice
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read variable from file in a C shell script

Hi, I have a 1-line file which looks like " First second third 4 five". I need to extract the number (here 4) in that line and put it in a variable. I will use the variable later to make few tests in my C shell script. Can somebody help me? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haouesse
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i read text file and assign its values to variables using shell

Hello, I have a cat.dat file, i would like shell to read each 3 lines and set this 3 lines to 3 different variables. my cat.dat is: 11 12 +380486461001 12 13 +380486461002 13 14 +380486461003 i want shell to make a loop and assign 1st line to student_id, 2nd line to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rosalinda
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a file and assign the values to a variable

i have a file in this format curyymm PRVYYMM CDDMmmYY bddMmmyy eddMmmyy --------- ------- ------------ ---------- ----------- 0906 0905 09Jun09 01Jun09 30Jun09 ----------- --------- ------------ ------------ ----------- i need to read the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: depakjan
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read the csv file and assign the values in to variable

I have a csv file with the values seperated by commas.I want to extract these values one by one and assign to a variable using shell script.Any ideas or code? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajbal
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I read values from a CSV file using Shell?

SHELL SCRIPT Hi, I have a file in which contents are as follows: 9999,abdc,123 9988,aba_12,2323 and so on I want to read the contents of this file such that i can do echo "This is $a followed by $b an then $c" I tried the following but id did not work cat test | cut -d ',' -f1|... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mayanksargoch
7 Replies

8. Fedora

How to read a text file and assign the values in the same to a variable in loop

Hi, I have a text file with multiple lines, each having data in the below format <DOB>,<ADDRESS> I have to write a script which reads each line in the text file in loop, assign the values to these variables and do some further processing in it. Using the following code prints the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manishab00
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to read a text file and assign the values in the same to a variable in loop

Hi, I have a text file with multiple lines, each having data in the below format <DOB>,<ADDRESS> I have to write a script which reads each line in the text file in loop, assign the values to these variables and do some further processing in it. Using the following code prints the values... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishab00
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store values from a file into an array variable in Shell

Dear All, I have been trying to do a simple task of extracting 2 fields from the file (3 rows) and store it in an array variable. I tried with: #! /bin/bash ch=`cut -f10 tmp.txt` counter=0 for p in $pid do c=${ch} echo "$c ..$counter" counter=$((counter+1))... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ezhil01
2 Replies
ZPTRFS(l)								 )								 ZPTRFS(l)

NAME
ZPTRFS - improve the computed solution to a system of linear equations when the coefficient matrix is Hermitian positive definite and tridiagonal, and provides error bounds and backward error estimates for the solution SYNOPSIS
SUBROUTINE ZPTRFS( UPLO, N, NRHS, D, E, DF, EF, B, LDB, X, LDX, FERR, BERR, WORK, RWORK, INFO ) CHARACTER UPLO INTEGER INFO, LDB, LDX, N, NRHS DOUBLE PRECISION BERR( * ), D( * ), DF( * ), FERR( * ), RWORK( * ) COMPLEX*16 B( LDB, * ), E( * ), EF( * ), WORK( * ), X( LDX, * ) PURPOSE
ZPTRFS improves the computed solution to a system of linear equations when the coefficient matrix is Hermitian positive definite and tridi- agonal, and provides error bounds and backward error estimates for the solution. ARGUMENTS
UPLO (input) CHARACTER*1 Specifies whether the superdiagonal or the subdiagonal of the tridiagonal matrix A is stored and the form of the factorization: = 'U': E is the superdiagonal of A, and A = U**H*D*U; = 'L': E is the subdiagonal of A, and A = L*D*L**H. (The two forms are equivalent if A is real.) N (input) INTEGER The order of the matrix A. N >= 0. NRHS (input) INTEGER The number of right hand sides, i.e., the number of columns of the matrix B. NRHS >= 0. D (input) DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (N) The n real diagonal elements of the tridiagonal matrix A. E (input) COMPLEX*16 array, dimension (N-1) The (n-1) off-diagonal elements of the tridiagonal matrix A (see UPLO). DF (input) DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (N) The n diagonal elements of the diagonal matrix D from the factorization computed by ZPTTRF. EF (input) COMPLEX*16 array, dimension (N-1) The (n-1) off-diagonal elements of the unit bidiagonal factor U or L from the factorization computed by ZPTTRF (see UPLO). B (input) COMPLEX*16 array, dimension (LDB,NRHS) The right hand side matrix B. LDB (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array B. LDB >= max(1,N). X (input/output) COMPLEX*16 array, dimension (LDX,NRHS) On entry, the solution matrix X, as computed by ZPTTRS. On exit, the improved solution matrix X. LDX (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array X. LDX >= max(1,N). FERR (output) DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (NRHS) The forward error bound for each solution vector X(j) (the j-th column of the solution matrix X). If XTRUE is the true solution corresponding to X(j), FERR(j) is an estimated upper bound for the magnitude of the largest element in (X(j) - XTRUE) divided by the magnitude of the largest element in X(j). BERR (output) DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (NRHS) The componentwise relative backward error of each solution vector X(j) (i.e., the smallest relative change in any element of A or B that makes X(j) an exact solution). WORK (workspace) COMPLEX*16 array, dimension (N) RWORK (workspace) DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (N) INFO (output) INTEGER = 0: successful exit < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value PARAMETERS
ITMAX is the maximum number of steps of iterative refinement. LAPACK version 3.0 15 June 2000 ZPTRFS(l)