Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How will these subshell commands behave? Post 302883641 by LMHmedchem on Wednesday 15th of January 2014 12:37:50 PM
Old 01-15-2014
Well the code above did work and I got clear printout from all six instances of my app. I was able to read the path that couldn't be found and correct the bug.

Thanks for the help!!!

LMHmedchem

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Subshell Question

The profile of the user is empty. Then before I run the script I want I run a parameter file that populates the variables for oracle. ORACLE_HOME ORACLE_BASE ORACLE_SID PATH etc ... But it seems that these variables are not making it to the shell I am in because when I do an echo on... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lesstjm
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to make ssh to behave as rsh

hi frnds, how to make the ssh service to behave as rsh.as we know ssh asks for passwd whereas the rsh doesnt.so how can i perform the followin operation without being asked for passwd. lets say i want to run the command "ls" on "remote_terminal" $ssh remote_terminal ls the above should work... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mxms755
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why does IF loop behave differently in different shells

Hi , I have a script that compares two string and prints the larger string , This is an extract of a biggers script that i have. #! /bin/ksh DT_STRING_CMP=20081221223440 DT_STRING=20071221223440 if ; then echo "20081221223440" fi echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amit1_x
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why does IF loop behave differently in different shells

Hi , I have a script that compares two string and prints the larger string , This is an extract of a biggers script that i have. #! /bin/ksh DT_STRING_CMP=20081221223440 DT_STRING=20071221223440 if ; then echo "20081221223440" fi echo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit1_x
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

mail command behave odd

hi, The following mail cmd executed successfully. mailx -s 'subject' user@company.com < testfile.dat However When i include this mail cmd in shell script it behave odd. Getting an error message mailx comand not found. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zooby
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Killing a subshell

I am calling a script from with another script and reading its output one line at a time (using <childscript> | while read line) in the parent script. If the output exceeds a predefined number of lines I want to kill the child shell from within the parent shell. I decided to print the process ID... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slash_blog
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

getopts in a subshell

Hello, I've a little problem with one of my ksh scripts and I manage to narrow it to the script here: #!/bin/ksh writeLog() { paramHandle="unknown" OPTIND=1 while getopts :i: option $* do case $option in i) paramHandle=${OPTARG} ;; esac done echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dahu
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Basename in subshell

Hi All, I would like to improve my bash scripting skill and found a problem which I do not understand. Task is to search and print files in directory (and subdirecories) which contains its own name. Files can have spaces in name. This one works fine for files in main directory, but not for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_item
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Why do awk command line vars behave the way they do?

This came up a little in another thread. Can someone explain some why awk (I happen to use gawk) behaves as follows: $ cat file aaa $ awk 'BEGIN {print x}' x=1 $ awk x=1 'BEGIN {print x}' awk: fatal: cannot open file `BEGIN {print x}' for reading (No such file or directory) $ awk -v... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hanson44
6 Replies
NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)                                                                                                                NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
npm-run-script - Run arbitrary package scripts SYNOPSIS
npm run-script <command> [--silent] [-- <args>...] alias: npm run DESCRIPTION
This runs an arbitrary command from a package's "scripts" object. If no "command" is provided, it will list the available scripts. run[-script] is used by the test, start, restart, and stop commands, but can be called directly, as well. When the scripts in the package are printed out, they're separated into lifecycle (test, start, restart) and directly-run scripts. As of ` https://blog.npmjs.org/post/98131109725/npm-2-0-0, you can use custom arguments when executing scripts. The special option -- is used by getopt https://goo.gl/KxMmtG to delimit the end of the options. npm will pass all the arguments after the -- directly to your script: npm run test -- --grep="pattern" The arguments will only be passed to the script specified after npm run and not to any pre or post script. The env script is a special built-in command that can be used to list environment variables that will be available to the script at run- time. If an "env" command is defined in your package, it will take precedence over the built-in. In addition to the shell's pre-existing PATH, npm run adds node_modules/.bin to the PATH provided to scripts. Any binaries provided by locally-installed dependencies can be used without the node_modules/.bin prefix. For example, if there is a devDependency on tap in your package, you should write: "scripts": {"test": "tap test/*.js"} instead of "scripts": {"test": "node_modules/.bin/tap test/*.js"} to run your tests. The actual shell your script is run within is platform dependent. By default, on Unix-like systems it is the /bin/sh command, on Windows it is the cmd.exe. The actual shell referred to by /bin/sh also depends on the system. As of ` https://github.com/npm/npm/releases/tag/v5.1.0 you can customize the shell with the script-shell configuration. Scripts are run from the root of the module, regardless of what your current working directory is when you call npm run. If you want your script to use different behavior based on what subdirectory you're in, you can use the INIT_CWD environment variable, which holds the full path you were in when you ran npm run. npm run sets the NODE environment variable to the node executable with which npm is executed. Also, if the --scripts-prepend-node-path is passed, the directory within which node resides is added to the PATH. If --scripts-prepend-node-path=auto is passed (which has been the default in npm v3), this is only performed when that node executable is not found in the PATH. If you try to run a script without having a node_modules directory and it fails, you will be given a warning to run npm install, just in case you've forgotten. You can use the --silent flag to prevent showing npm ERR! output on error. You can use the --if-present flag to avoid exiting with a non-zero exit code when the script is undefined. This lets you run potentially undefined scripts without breaking the execution chain. SEE ALSO
o npm help 7 scripts o npm help test o npm help start o npm help restart o npm help stop o npm help 7 config January 2019 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)