Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Solved] Need to auto increment Post 302883636 by vbe on Wednesday 15th of January 2014 12:26:43 PM
Old 01-15-2014
What have you tried so far?
Not sure what you want in fact...
if insert into x (bla, bla, bla) values (1,2,3);if this is a valid sample, and you want to replace the red portion by "prompt inserting 1" then I dont understand what follows: - for each iteration of this line, it needs to increment the number.
insert into xxxx"

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

increment an integer

hi I want to echo the variable $i while it auto-increments till 21 I set initially i to 1 any idea how to do that? thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment value (starttime)

Hi All, I have created a script... #!/bin/sh datafile=ABC2008101601.OUT indfile=ABCIND20081016.1.OUT waittime=600 starttime=0 while do if then echo "Indicator file has arrived." break else sleep 10; ((starttime=$starttime+10)) echo $starttime (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

auto increment

Hello Does anyone know how to auto-increment the value of a variable, preferably using awk or sed? I need to read values from a file and auto-increment those values to use them as line numbers I'd be doing: while read line do # auto-increment sed -n${line}p file> file1 done... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: loperam
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment in date

Hi, I have a variable lets say DATA_DATE. I have to pass some value to this variable in YYYYMMDD format. lets say today I have passed this variable as : DATA_DATE=20100107 Then pls help me how to calculate another variable DATA_DATE1 (which is DATA_DATE+1). The code should work... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 46019
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[solved] merging two files and writing to another file- solved

i have two files as file1: 1 2 3 file2: a b c and the output should be: file3: 1~a 2~b 3~c (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mlpathir
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] auto sftp

i was able to script: ftp -n hosname << DONE user username pwd put quite close DONE can i do same as sftp ? i tried, but it keeps asking for pwd. when i typed pwd, and it worked fine. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawsongeek
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] How to increment and add variable length numbers to a variable in a loop?

Hi All, I have a file which has hundred of records with fixed number of fields. In each record there is set of 8 characters which represent the duration of that activity. I want to sum up the duration present in all the records for a report. The problem is the duration changes per record so I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: danish0909
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment the password value

I want a script which increments the count when the script runs. Basically I want to send an password reset email notification for an application, the password value should be keep on changing whenever the script is executed for example, first time i execute it should be password1, second time... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JAGADESH GN
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Howto auto boot SPARC | How to auto supply "start /SYS" and "start /SP/console" commands

When I power ON my T4-1, I got a prompt -> where I have to start /SYS and start /SP/console. How can I auto supply these two commands ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
3 Replies