Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Boot process hang
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Boot process hang Post 302883615 by Perderabo on Wednesday 15th of January 2014 11:36:46 AM
Old 01-15-2014
The RedHat 6 Technical Notes suggest to try to boot the kernel with the parameter
Code:
pci=noaer

so you might try that. But it looks to me like you have broken hardware. If that kernel parm doesn't work I would lean toward a hardware problem.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

Hang a Process

this may be something trivial to many of you, but is there a way to purposely cause a process to hang? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: laila63
6 Replies

2. AIX

AIX 4.1.5/RS6000 boot hang, help requested

Hello there! I have a RS-6000 7043-140 machine with AIX version 4.1.5, that is working for almost 8 years now. It has a tty monitor. My problem started when I upgraded my machine to install a gxt250 graphics adapter card together with a 15" AOC VGA Monitor, logitech keyboard and mouse, ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bright_genius
2 Replies

3. Solaris

solaris 5.8 hang on boot

I have an ultra 10 system, and am trying to install and verify a previously cloned hard drive, to make sure it works, that it really is a duplicate of the hard drive currently on an other server, etc. I plugged in this cloned hard drive as master, only drive in the system. No network LAN... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HikerLT
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NFS client subsystem hang up on boot

Hi, I have a Unix box running HP-UX 10.20 and it suddenly won't boot. Every time it goes down the boot checklist, it hangs on "NFS client subsystem" and just continues to say busy/wait. I have read something about the /etc/auto_master but don't quite understand what has to happen to fix it. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Asheley Ryan
4 Replies

5. AIX

Boot from CD hang

Why is one of my blade hanging and does nothing after trying to boot from CD??? ================== I tried to press 1....JS20 does not support SMS menu Here's what I see after 30 minutes... ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mifch
0 Replies

6. Linux

RPCBIND Hang at Boot

Hi guys, i explain my problem: I've FC10 64bit installed on a server Dell R410. When i boot the system with eth0 or eth1 linked (only one eth linked), all work fine and the system start normally. When i boot the system with eth0 + eth1 linked, the system hang when the rpcind service... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andreaden
1 Replies

7. SCO

Boot hang after relocate of LSI HBA controller

Hi folks, I had problems trying to install SCO OpenServer 6 on a PC with no floppy drive and a SATA CD drive. Eventually after advice received on this forum last week, I adopted a different approach by fitting the LSI HBA RAID adapter and associated disks into an older PC that does have CD and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: millosman
4 Replies

8. BSD

Process remians in Running state causing other similar process to sleep and results to system hang

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveeng
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Process remians in Running state causing other similar process to sleep and results to system hang

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (6 Replies)
6 Replies
SYSTEMD-ASK-PASSWORD-CONSOLE.SERVICE(8) 	       systemd-ask-password-console.service		   SYSTEMD-ASK-PASSWORD-CONSOLE.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-ask-password-console.service, systemd-ask-password-console.path, systemd-ask-password-wall.service, systemd-ask-password-wall.path - Query the user for system passwords on the console and via wall SYNOPSIS
systemd-ask-password-console.service systemd-ask-password-console.path systemd-ask-password-wall.service systemd-ask-password-wall.path DESCRIPTION
systemd-ask-password-console.service is a system service that queries the user for system passwords (such as hard disk encryption keys and SSL certificate passphrases) on the console. It is intended to be used during boot to ensure proper handling of passwords necessary for boot. systemd-ask-password-wall.service is a system service that informs all logged in users for system passwords via wall(1). It is intended to be used after boot to ensure that users are properly notified. See the developer documentation[1] for more information about the system password logic. Note that these services invoke systemd-tty-ask-password-agent(1) with either the --watch --console or --watch --wall command line parameters. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd-tty-ask-password-agent(1), wall(1) NOTES
1. developer documentation https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/PasswordAgents systemd 237 SYSTEMD-ASK-PASSWORD-CONSOLE.SERVICE(8)