Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Get latest update for RHEL systems Post 302883525 by fpmurphy on Tuesday 14th of January 2014 06:55:19 PM
Old 01-14-2014
You can download the source code for RHEL and build the packages yourself if you have a lot of time on your hands. Source code is freely available at ftp.redhat.com.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I update a file on 50 systems at once?

I need to update a file that is on 50 different systems at once. In case of planned network outages I would like to overwrite or lock a monitoring script so that it doesn't send notifications. I thought of using a script that ftp 's the updated file to all 50 systems, and then overwrites the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: darthur
11 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to update RHEL

Hi, i am using RHEL 4.0 ES i want to reinstall all software + kernal from distribution pack, because i think some of software get corrupted. like yum/up2date throwing library error. so i want to reinstall them from pack. what option to do same direct from CD. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonirajesh
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how can i know the latest update packages i have installed on solaris 9 ???

i want to know the update packages that i have installed on my solaris 9 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MONMON
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

Apache,php,mysql, and jdk 1.6 update 20 installation on RHEL 5.5

I want to install Apache (version 2.2.X), php (version 5.3.X),mysql (version 5.5.X) on RHEL 5.5. Guide re. site address for download all rpm. X = latest version. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasdaax
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Does RHEL 5 provide a command to collect RHEL system log in single compress file?

Hi, I heard a command that can collect all RHEL 5 log in a single compress file before I forget. Does any body know...What the command is ? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnnnnnine
4 Replies

6. AIX

AIX 7.1 TL update -> only latest or one by one?

Hi, I'm about to update a 7.1 box from 7100-00-03-1115 to the latest level 7100-02-01-1245. Question: do I have to install all steps between them or can I just download the latest level and do a update_all? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: iso
8 Replies

7. Red Hat

Error throwing while installing vsftpd package in rhel 6. using rhel 6 dvd.

Hi all, Im studying rhcsa as of now, so yum installation and dependencies are messing me to not workit out. i have dual os, win 7 & rhel 6. i have tried this installation of vsftpd package with rhel 6 dvd in VM rhel 6 in win 7 as well as host rhel 6.still the same issue. below error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: redhatlbug
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

RHEL 6 :: update to GLIBCXX_3.4.19 ??

Hi., I have RHEL 6 update 7, however latest GLIBC version is 13 i.e as shown below, is there any known steps to update to GLIBCXX_3.4.19 ? Yes RHEL 7 has but is there any chance to add in RHEL 6 ? $ strings /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6 | grep GLIBCXX GLIBCXX_3.4 GLIBCXX_3.4.1 GLIBCXX_3.4.2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alnhk
1 Replies
DEBAUX-BUILD(1p)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  DEBAUX-BUILD(1p)

NAME
debaux-build - Debian package building script SYNOPSIS
debaux-build [OPTIONS] DEBDIR [BUILDDIR SOURCEDIR] debaux-build --cpan Net::Google VERSION
0.1.10 DESCRIPTION
debaux-build is a helper script for building Debian packages. Besides options it takes up to three parameters: DEBDIR, BUILDDIR, SOURCEDIR. DEBDIR is a required parameter. If DEBDIR doesn't exist, debaux-build tries to download the package with apt-get source. debaux-build applies all patches found in the DEBDIR subdirectory patches. If no source tarball exist and the DEBDIR subdirectory sources exist, all files in this directory get packed and used as source tarball. OPTIONS
"--apt" Forces apt-get source mode. "--archive" Specifies file name of source archive. "--build-options" Options passed to "dpkg-buildpackage". "--cpan" Download Perl module from CPAN and create necessary Debian packaging files. You need to have the dh-make Debian package installed in order to utilize this option. "--empty" Empty package (no source code archive). Intended to use for task packages. "--epoch" Specifies epoch for CPAN builds. "--extra-sources" Specifies a directory below DEBDIR which is copied to the build directory. "-i, --install, --install=PACKAGE" Install build package. "-l, --lintian" Run lintian on the source file and the generated packages. "--make-archive" Intended to use for native Debian packages. Specify the commands to build the archive here. "--release" The generated packages are targeted for official Debian packages. "--rpm, --alien" Convert generated packages into RPM packages by using "alien". "-s, --sign" Sign source package and changelog. "--skip-patches" Don't apply patches from the patches directory and sources.diff file. "--source-tree" Instructs "debaux-build" to use the specified directory instead of an archive file. "--stop-before-build" Stop script before calling "dpkg-buildpackage". CONFIGURATION FILE
"debaux-build" looks for the configuration file ".debauxrc" in the home directory and in the current directory and recognizes the following directives: "debauxdir" PACKAGE Used as "DEBDIR" for package if it is an existing directory. Considered before the <debiandir> directive. "debiandir" If the directory "DEBDIR" on the commandline doesn't exist, "debaux-build" appends "DEBDIR" to the specified directory and tries again. "sourcedir" Directory with the source archives. Can be overridden by the commandline parameter "SOURCEDIR". "source-tree" PACKAGE Directory with the source code for PACKAGE. SEE ALSO
dpkg(8), dpkg-source(1), apt-get(8) AUTHOR
Stefan Hornburg (Racke) <racke@linuxia.de>. LICENSE
debaux-build comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute and modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2000,2001,2002,2003,2004,2005,2006,2007 Stefan Hornburg (Racke) <racke@linuxia.de>. perl v5.8.8 2007-07-15 DEBAUX-BUILD(1p)