Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Query User
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Query User Post 302883490 by RudiC on Tuesday 14th of January 2014 01:13:54 PM
Old 01-14-2014
There may be more than one user logged on.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i change to super user then revert back to ordinary user ,using shell script?

Hi all, I am trying to eject the cdrom from a livecd after certain stage... Now assuming that it is possible to eject,please consider my issue!!! The OS boots into a regular user by default...so i am unable to use the eject command to push out the drive... However if i try pfexec eject it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between : Locked User Account & Disabled User Accounts in Linux ?

Thanks AVKlinux (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: avklinux
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

add the output of a query to a variable to be used in another query

I would like to use the result of a query in another query. How do I redirect/add the output to another variable? $result = odbc_exec($connect, $query); while ($row = odbc_fetch_array($result)) { echo $row,"\n"; } odbc_close($connect); ?> This will output hostnames: host1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query Oracle tables and return values to shell script that calls the query

Hi, I have a requirement as below which needs to be done viz UNIX shell script (1) I have to connect to an Oracle database (2) Exexute "SELECT field_status from table 1" query on one of the tables. (3) Based on the result that I get from point (2), I have to update another table in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaeswari
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Determining if user is local-user in /etc/passwd or LDAP user

Besides doing some shell-script which loops through /etc/passwd, I was wondering if there was some command that would tell me, like an enhanced version of getent. The Operating system is Solaris 10 (recent-ish revision) using Sun DS for LDAP. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckmehta
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read value from user and use it in Oracle SQL query

Guys can anyone just tell me whether i can pass a value(from UNIX SCRIPT) as an ARGUMENT in Oracle Query? e.g. echo "enter value" read value insert into tablename where col=$value /*something like this*/ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subodh.thakar
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User creation - query

Hi, I want to create a user using useradd -m test. How can I restric the user not to change his directory from his home dir? Thanks, Suresh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
2 Replies

9. AIX

DB2 user query utilization?

I am new to AIX, but not new to the UNIX world. Recently I got a request to come with some kind of report to do the following: report if user query is using > 70% CPU (within DB2) > 5 minutes. I am by no means a DB2 guru so I do not know how to get that from within it, so I was wondering if there... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: savigabi
4 Replies
RUSERS(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 RUSERS(1)

NAME
rusers -- who is logged in to machines on local network SYNOPSIS
rusers [-al] [host ...] DESCRIPTION
The rusers command produces output similar to who(1), but for the list of hosts or all machines on the local network. For each host respond- ing to the rusers query, the hostname with the names of the users currently logged on is printed on each line. The rusers command will wait for one minute to catch late responders. The following options are available: -a Print all machines responding even if no one is currently logged in. -l Print a long format listing. This includes the user name, host name, tty that the user is logged in to, the date and time the user logged in, the amount of time since the user typed on the keyboard, and the remote host they logged in from (if applicable). DIAGNOSTICS
rusers: RPC: Program not registered The rpc.rusersd(8) daemon has not been started on the remote host. rusers: RPC: Timed out A communication error occurred. Either the network is excessively congested, or the rpc.rusersd(8) daemon has termi- nated on the remote host. rusers: RPC: Port mapper failure - RPC: Timed out The remote host is not running the portmapper (see rpcbind(8)), and cannot accommodate any RPC-based services. The host may be down. SEE ALSO
rwho(1), users(1), who(1), rpc.rusersd(8), rpcbind(8) HISTORY
The rusers command appeared in Sun-OS. BUGS
The sorting options are not implemented. BSD
April 23, 1991 BSD