Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Query User
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Query User Post 302883487 by Brentc on Tuesday 14th of January 2014 01:08:02 PM
Old 01-14-2014
I've tried finger IP

but it returns no such user.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i change to super user then revert back to ordinary user ,using shell script?

Hi all, I am trying to eject the cdrom from a livecd after certain stage... Now assuming that it is possible to eject,please consider my issue!!! The OS boots into a regular user by default...so i am unable to use the eject command to push out the drive... However if i try pfexec eject it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between : Locked User Account & Disabled User Accounts in Linux ?

Thanks AVKlinux (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: avklinux
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

add the output of a query to a variable to be used in another query

I would like to use the result of a query in another query. How do I redirect/add the output to another variable? $result = odbc_exec($connect, $query); while ($row = odbc_fetch_array($result)) { echo $row,"\n"; } odbc_close($connect); ?> This will output hostnames: host1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query Oracle tables and return values to shell script that calls the query

Hi, I have a requirement as below which needs to be done viz UNIX shell script (1) I have to connect to an Oracle database (2) Exexute "SELECT field_status from table 1" query on one of the tables. (3) Based on the result that I get from point (2), I have to update another table in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaeswari
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Determining if user is local-user in /etc/passwd or LDAP user

Besides doing some shell-script which loops through /etc/passwd, I was wondering if there was some command that would tell me, like an enhanced version of getent. The Operating system is Solaris 10 (recent-ish revision) using Sun DS for LDAP. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckmehta
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read value from user and use it in Oracle SQL query

Guys can anyone just tell me whether i can pass a value(from UNIX SCRIPT) as an ARGUMENT in Oracle Query? e.g. echo "enter value" read value insert into tablename where col=$value /*something like this*/ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subodh.thakar
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User creation - query

Hi, I want to create a user using useradd -m test. How can I restric the user not to change his directory from his home dir? Thanks, Suresh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
2 Replies

9. AIX

DB2 user query utilization?

I am new to AIX, but not new to the UNIX world. Recently I got a request to come with some kind of report to do the following: report if user query is using > 70% CPU (within DB2) > 5 minutes. I am by no means a DB2 guru so I do not know how to get that from within it, so I was wondering if there... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: savigabi
4 Replies
RECOLL(1)						      General Commands Manual							 RECOLL(1)

NAME
recoll - user interface for the Recoll full text search system SYNOPSIS
recoll [ -c <configdir> ] [ -o | -l | -f | -a ] [ -t ] [ -q <query> ] DESCRIPTION
The recoll command will start the graphical user interface for querying the Recoll database. On the first run, recoll will create the user configuration which can be customized before starting the first indexation. The -c option specifies the configuration directory name, overriding the default or $RECOLL_CONFDIR. The -q option can be used to specify an initial query on the command line. This query will be interpreted by default as a query language string. If -a is specified, the query string will be interpreted as an all words simple search query. If -o is specified, the query string will be interpreted as an any word simple search query. If -f is specified, the query string will be interpreted as a file name simple search query. If -l is specified, the query string will be interpreted as a query language simple search query. If -t is specified, the Graphical User Interface will not be started, and results will be printed to the standard output. Additional options understood by the recollq command may be specified in this case. These can control the output format and the maximum number of results to be printed. Please refer to online help for a full description. SEE ALSO
recollindex(1) recollq(1) recoll.conf(5) 8 January 2006 RECOLL(1)