Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Query User
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Query User Post 302883481 by Brentc on Tuesday 14th of January 2014 12:26:22 PM
Old 01-14-2014
Query User

Hi,

Is there a command I can use to query the user Via IP address on a Mac.

I'd Like to be able to query an IP address and have it return the current user logged on.

There are lots of Local commands like 'last' and 'who' but I need a command i can run remotely preferably without having to SSH onto the a client each time.

Thanks

Any help would be great.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i change to super user then revert back to ordinary user ,using shell script?

Hi all, I am trying to eject the cdrom from a livecd after certain stage... Now assuming that it is possible to eject,please consider my issue!!! The OS boots into a regular user by default...so i am unable to use the eject command to push out the drive... However if i try pfexec eject it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between : Locked User Account & Disabled User Accounts in Linux ?

Thanks AVKlinux (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: avklinux
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

add the output of a query to a variable to be used in another query

I would like to use the result of a query in another query. How do I redirect/add the output to another variable? $result = odbc_exec($connect, $query); while ($row = odbc_fetch_array($result)) { echo $row,"\n"; } odbc_close($connect); ?> This will output hostnames: host1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query Oracle tables and return values to shell script that calls the query

Hi, I have a requirement as below which needs to be done viz UNIX shell script (1) I have to connect to an Oracle database (2) Exexute "SELECT field_status from table 1" query on one of the tables. (3) Based on the result that I get from point (2), I have to update another table in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaeswari
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Determining if user is local-user in /etc/passwd or LDAP user

Besides doing some shell-script which loops through /etc/passwd, I was wondering if there was some command that would tell me, like an enhanced version of getent. The Operating system is Solaris 10 (recent-ish revision) using Sun DS for LDAP. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckmehta
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read value from user and use it in Oracle SQL query

Guys can anyone just tell me whether i can pass a value(from UNIX SCRIPT) as an ARGUMENT in Oracle Query? e.g. echo "enter value" read value insert into tablename where col=$value /*something like this*/ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subodh.thakar
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User creation - query

Hi, I want to create a user using useradd -m test. How can I restric the user not to change his directory from his home dir? Thanks, Suresh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
2 Replies

9. AIX

DB2 user query utilization?

I am new to AIX, but not new to the UNIX world. Recently I got a request to come with some kind of report to do the following: report if user query is using > 70% CPU (within DB2) > 5 minutes. I am by no means a DB2 guru so I do not know how to get that from within it, so I was wondering if there... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: savigabi
4 Replies
DOVEADM-EXPUNGE(1)						      Dovecot							DOVEADM-EXPUNGE(1)

NAME
doveadm-expunge - Expunge messages matching given search query SYNOPSIS
doveadm [-Dv] expunge [-S socket_path] search_query doveadm [-Dv] expunge [-S socket_path] -A search_query doveadm [-Dv] expunge [-S socket_path] -u user search_query DESCRIPTION
This command can be used to expunge mails matching the given search query. It is typically used to expunge old mails from users' Trash and/or Spam mailboxes. To test which messages a given search query would match, you can use doveadm fetch or doveadm search commands. In the first form, doveadm(1) will executed the expunge action with the environment of the logged in system user. In the second form, the command will be performed for all users. In the third form, only matching mails of the given user(s) will be expunged. OPTIONS
Global doveadm(1) options: -D Enables verbosity and debug messages. -v Enables verbosity, including progress counter. Command specific options: -A If the -A option is present, the command will be performed for all users. Using this option in combination with system users from userdb { driver = passwd } is not recommended, because it contains also users with a lower UID than the one configured with the first_valid_uid setting. When the SQL userdb module is used make sure that the iterate_query setting in /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf.ext matches your data- base layout. When using the LDAP userdb module, make sure that the iterate_attrs and iterate_filter settings in /etc/dovecot/dove- cot-ldap.conf.ext match your LDAP schema. Otherwise doveadm(1) will be unable to iterate over all users. -S socket_path The option's argument is either an absolute path to a local UNIX domain socket, or a hostname and port (hostname:port), in order to connect a remote host via a TCP socket. This allows an administrator to execute doveadm(1) mail commands through the given socket. -u user/mask Run the command only for the given user. It's also possible to use '*' and '?' wildcards (e.g. -u *@example.org). When neither the -A option nor -u user was specified, the command will be executed with the environment of the currently logged in user. ARGUMENTS
search_query Expunge messages matching this search query. See doveadm-search-query(7) for details. EXAMPLE
This example expunges messages from Spam mailbox that were saved/copied there more than two weeks ago: doveadm expunge -u jane.doe@example.org mailbox Spam savedbefore 2w REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs, including doveconf -n output, to the Dovecot Mailing List <dovecot@dovecot.org>. Information about reporting bugs is avail- able at: http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html SEE ALSO
doveadm(1), doveadm-fetch(1), doveadm-purge(1), doveadm-search(1), doveadm-search-query(7) Dovecot v2.1 2010-11-25 DOVEADM-EXPUNGE(1)