Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX IBM AIX Internal HDD vs SAN HDD and Oracle Post 302883450 by bakunin on Tuesday 14th of January 2014 09:04:47 AM
Old 01-14-2014
Just to add to ibmtechs list (which is very good already):

What are the respective sizes of the SGA?

What is the output of "vmstat -v"?

I hope this helps.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Hdd problem, help!!!

Hi, My HP-UX has some errors to wake up and one of them are: /dev/vg00/rlvol4 BAD CYLINDER GROUPS I have thought that my hdd has physical problems, my question is: Exists a program to check the hdd physically and to repair it... Thanks.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: efrenba
0 Replies

2. Ubuntu

How can I get Knoppix on HDD

Umm How can I get the Knoppix can be booted off my hard drive instead of the CD. I dont like using the CD. :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shade11
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Partioning HDD

Hi theres I am quite new to solaris, I have 40GB HDD in which I have created only 10 GB partition & installed solaris 10. Now I want to add another 10GB from remaining 30GB space. I tried this with format utility but I get stuck after I create fdsik partition. After creating this I cant... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: i_mroy
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding a new HDD

I am adding a new HDD to a Unix Sco Release 5 webserver. I consider myself a windows pro. However, growing up in the late 90's means I have little Unix knowledge. I know the HDD has to be mounted and formatted correctly. Can anyone give me any advice on this? A dummy's guide to installing a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffreydavisjr
5 Replies

5. AIX

ibm san cache battery with aix

Hi All, I would like to share this incident that happened the other day. I have a question with this, https://www.unix.com/aix/64921-create-new-vg-san-rename-fs.html And I thought it's related to the above link but the problem was the ibm san 4300 cache battery was dead and I need to click... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Old HDD copy to new HDD ? im lost...

Over the last few months the HDD spins louder and louder, so I fiqured its time to replace the HDD. Its been running 24/7/365 since 98 :eek:. yes i said since 98 :D I have an IBM system 43P Model 240. 233 MHz. running AIX Version 4. The current HDD is an IBM DGHS COMP IEC -950 FRU PN#... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chevy89rocks
5 Replies

7. Solaris

New HDD Installation

All, I am a complete grasshopper when it comes to Unix, so here goes. I have a Solaris 9 server, running two 36GB HDD in a mirrored configuration. I am running low on disk space, and have purchased an additional 145GB HDD. Can anyone point me in the direction to some documentation on how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ptvenom427
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

External HDD

I need to get an external HDD for a SUN server running Solaris 10. The Western Digital that I have will not recognize and when I went looking for drivers WD only has them for MAC and Windows. Is there a External HDD that is known to work with Unix? (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIFT3R
24 Replies

9. AIX

IBM AIX - SAN Storage DS4300 issue

Hi, This is follow up to the post https://www.unix.com/aix/233361-san-disk-appearing-double-aix.html When I connected Pseries Machine HBA Card ( Dual Port ) directly to the SAN Storage DS4300 , I was able to see Host Port Adapter WWN numbers , although I was getting this message... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

BMW GT1 DIS - SCO 5.0 and Oracle 7 Root HDD Clone - IBM T30

Greeting All Diag tool HDD clone SCO 5 + Oracle 7 DB ( IBM T30 ) I am new to this forum and my knowledge on computers OS is average . I have just acquired a factory diag tool for BMW/RR/MINI from a retired mechanic. Its runs on a IBM T30 laptop with a Unix/Oracle DB system. Sco 5... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmw635
8 Replies
SQL::ReservedWords::Oracle(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   SQL::ReservedWords::Oracle(3pm)

NAME
SQL::ReservedWords::Oracle - Reserved SQL words by Oracle SYNOPSIS
if ( SQL::ReservedWords::Oracle->is_reserved( $word ) ) { print "$word is a reserved Oracle word!"; } DESCRIPTION
Determine if words are reserved by Oracle Database. METHODS
is_reserved( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by either Oracle7, Oracle8i, Oracle9i or Oracle10g. is_reserved_by_oracle7( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by Oracle7. is_reserved_by_oracle8( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by Oracle8i. is_reserved_by_oracle9( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by Oracle9i. is_reserved_by_oracle10( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by Oracle10g. reserved_by( $word ) Returns a list with Oracle versions that reserves $word. words Returns a list with all reserved words. EXPORTS
Nothing by default. Following subroutines can be exported: is_reserved is_reserved_by_oracle7 is_reserved_by_oracle8 is_reserved_by_oracle9 is_reserved_by_oracle10 reserved_by words SEE ALSO
SQL::ReservedWords <http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/> AUTHOR
Christian Hansen "chansen@cpan.org" COPYRIGHT
This program is free software, you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.8.8 2008-03-28 SQL::ReservedWords::Oracle(3pm)