Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting NWS CLI data Coverting to .CSV file Post 302883444 by Cambium27 on Tuesday 14th of January 2014 08:15:24 AM
Old 01-14-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixmadhan
Let me try to understand.

First the link, looks like its a gov link, please make sure that this is not confidential and in view of the terms and conditions / contract, if this is confidential and posting in public forums might be problematic for you.

Please correct me if am wrong.

Are you trying to extract / convert data from excel into txt file?
Are you trying to pro-grammatically fetch the data from the link and transform to some other format?

Please scale down the input and output, then you can scale up as needed!

---------- Post updated at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous update was at 06:28 PM ----------

Ah! Thats airport data, make sure again if its ok to post these data in public forums.
Thanks. Yes, that's public available data, no problems there. I think the answers to both those questions is yes. But isn't converting to a text file as simple as Copy and paste value only?

Yes, I want to fetch the data from the link and have it available on a webpage but not as a text file because I would need it to automatically update. I'm so sorry if this is all confusing. Like I said, I have in my mind what I want, I just don't know how to explain it better or where to start.

Just to confirm again, those links are fine. It's public data. Nothing hidden about weather for climo sites. Here's IEM which has a similar setup to what I'm looking to do. Notice they have the locations and all the data in columns next to it which refreshes with each update.

---------- Post updated at 08:10 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:09 AM ----------

I see some threads that might be useful. I'll try to check them out later on to see if I can get more info which would be helpful for you guys.

---------- Post updated at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:10 AM ----------

Here's an image from the IEM site I was talking about.. See how everything is on that table on that page using up to date info?

---------- Post updated at 08:15 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:13 AM ----------

That's what I would like done and I believe I have to convert the script.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Load data into the database using a .csv file and .ctl file

Since i'm new to scripting i'm findind it difficult to code a script. The script has to be an executable with 2 paramters passed to it.The Parameters are 1. The Control file name(.ctl file) 2. The Data file name(.csv file) Does anybody have an idea about it? :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Csmani
3 Replies

2. Programming

coverting html data to text in 'c'

hi, iam reading the webpage using curl socket. so iam geting the data in html format so how can convert html data to text data ,so i can move forward. thank u, sree (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani_sree
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting data from a .csv file

I have a .csv file equipment,bandtype abc,aws def,mmds ghi,umts jkl,mmds I can get the equipment from `hostname`. In my script i want to check what is the hostname. then see if it exists in the.csv file. if it does then i want to store the second parameter(bandtype) for the corresponding... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lassimanji
3 Replies

4. Linux

Coverting a log file into XML

ID -------CODE-------DATE-------URL I have a log file with entries like this. The file has about 6 lakhs record and the size is about 42MB. I need to covert them into a XML file like <ID></ID> <CODE></CODE> <DATE></DATE> <URL></URL> I have done a logic for this and successfully done.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar.in
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

I want to append data to same .csv file.

I have a script which has to be scheduled to run 3 times a day. My script picks the required fields from logfile and stores the data in a.csv file. Sample data. my logfile contain: 0097A,0374D,100903,1519,00000606191 0097A,C88RA,100903,0724,00000606105 So the output of first execution... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shrima.pratima
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract data from csv file

Hello everybody, Here is my problem, I don't know anything about shell programming and my boss is actually asking me to develop a shell script in order to get values in a csv file from a specific date. Here is a sample of the csv file : Date;Enchaînement;Titre;Libellé ;calendrier;Heure début;Heure... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: freyr
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetching data from .csv file

Hi Experts, I have created a table with columns as empname,empid,phone,shiftname. Now I am having a .csv file format which contains the shift datas of the employees. I have to fetch this file and compare with the table I created to send an alert to the specified user. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: micky3112
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data Manipulation on a .csv file

Hallo Friends, I need you help. My file has 5000 or so lines and currently looks like below(sample). Service Type,Origin,Destination,Rate Per Minute,Minimum Charge,Time Based Rate,Time Based From Day,Time Based To Day,Time Based From Time,Time Based To Time,Destination Prefix List,, VoIS... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kekanap
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV file data extraction

Hi I am writing a shell script to parse a CSV file , in which i am facing a problem to separate the columns . Could some one help me with it. IN301330/00001 pvavan kumar limited xyz@ttccpp.com IN302148/00002 PRECIOUS SECURITIES (P) LTD viash@yahoo.co.in IN300239/00000 CENTRE india... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanduri
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files of csv file and match column data and create a new csv file of them

Hi, I am newbie in shell script. I need your help to solve my problem. Firstly, I have 2 files of csv and i want to compare of the contents then the output will be written in a new csv file. File1: SourceFile,DateTimeOriginal /home/intannf/foto/IMG_0713.JPG,2015:02:17 11:14:07... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
8 Replies
TRUNCATE(1)							   User Commands						       TRUNCATE(1)

NAME
truncate - shrink or extend the size of a file to the specified size SYNOPSIS
truncate OPTION... FILE... DESCRIPTION
Shrink or extend the size of each FILE to the specified size A FILE argument that does not exist is created. If a FILE is larger than the specified size, the extra data is lost. If a FILE is shorter, it is extended and the extended part (hole) reads as zero bytes. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -c, --no-create do not create any files -o, --io-blocks treat SIZE as number of IO blocks instead of bytes -r, --reference=RFILE base size on RFILE -s, --size=SIZE set or adjust the file size by SIZE bytes --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit The SIZE argument is an integer and optional unit (example: 10K is 10*1024). Units are K,M,G,T,P,E,Z,Y (powers of 1024) or KB,MB,... (pow- ers of 1000). SIZE may also be prefixed by one of the following modifying characters: '+' extend by, '-' reduce by, '<' at most, '>' at least, '/' round down to multiple of, '%' round up to multiple of. AUTHOR
Written by Padraig Brady. REPORTING BUGS
GNU coreutils online help: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> Report truncate translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
dd(1), truncate(2), ftruncate(2) Full documentation at: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/truncate> or available locally via: info '(coreutils) truncate invocation' GNU coreutils 8.28 January 2018 TRUNCATE(1)