Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Standardization of input source data files using shell script Post 302883414 by Franklin52 on Tuesday 14th of January 2014 03:55:54 AM
Old 01-14-2014
Post a sample of your input file and the desired output.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script for log files data!

Hi Team, please write a shell script. It is for veritas netbackup logs. The result we currently have is a single file for each day's backups. we will keep the files in the directory and the file names are like below mentioned. example :/opt/openv/netbackup/reports/Daily/NB_success*. The No... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rvrao77
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to transfer the files from source to target server.

I need to write a shell script to transfer the files every hour from source - target server. The cron job should be running every hour and shouldn't copy already copied files to the remote server ? I was able to write intial script but not able to get the logic for (in the next run it should... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: radhirk
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare semicolon seperated data in 2 files using shell script

hello members, I have some data ( seperated by semicolon ) with close to 240 rows in a text file temp1. temp2.txt stores 204 rows of data ( seperated by semicolon ). I want to : Sort the data in both files by field1.i.e first data field in every row. compare the data in both files and print... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: novice82
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to identify the number of files and to append data

Hi I am having a question where I have to 1) Identify the number of files in a directory with a specific format and if the count is >1 we need to concatenate those two files into one file and remember that in the second file the header should not be copied. it should be form first file.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradkumar
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Process input files from folder in shell script?

Hi, I want to process all input files available into folder (C:\ShellPrg\InputFile\) Input files are abc.CSV , XYZ.zip (zip of CSV file), PQR.gz (zip of CSV file). I want to check the extension of file, If its .zip/.gz then need to unzip the file as .CSV I want to parse line by line of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Poonamol
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to take input from a text file and perform check on each servers and copy files

HI all, I want to script where all the server names will be in a text file like server1 server2 server3 . and the script should take servernames from a text file and perform copy of files if the files are not present on those servers.after which it should take next servername till the end of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: joseph.dmello
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Writing a loop to process multiple input files by a shell script

I have multiple input files that I want to manipulate using a shell script. The files are called 250.1 through 250.1000 but I only want the script to manipulate 250.300 through 250.1000. Before I was using the following script to manipulate the text files: for i in 250.*; do || awk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a shell script to extract the files from source file and check whether those files existonserve

Hi, I am new to shell scripting.Please help me on this.I am using solaris 10 OS and shell i am using is # echo $0 -sh My requirement is i have source file say makefile.I need to extract files with extensions (.c |.cxx |.h |.hxx |.sc) from the makefile.after doing so i need to check whether... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
13 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Inserting shell script input data automatically from a text file

Dear experts, I am new to linux programming. I have a shell script which i should run it on all my samples. I only define input and out put for this script. The inputs are 3 numbers(coordination numbers) which are available in a series of text file. Since i have a lots of samples, it takes a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohamadreza
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the shell script to read the .txt file as an input/data?

i have written my shell script in notepad however i am struggling to pass the data file to be read to the script the data file is of .txt format. My target is to run the shell script from the terminal and pass 3 arguments e.g. polg@DESKTOP-BVPDC5C:~/CS1420/coursework$ bash valsplit.sh input.txt... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gurdza32
11 Replies
KSSHELL(1)						      General Commands Manual							KSSHELL(1)

NAME
ksshell -- an interactive kickstart shell SYNOPSIS
ksflatten [-i | --input INFILE] [-o | --output OUTFILE] [-v | --version VERSION] DESCRIPTION
ksshell is an interactive kickstart shell. It optionally takes an input kickstart file as the basis, allows the user to specify additional kickstart commands, and then writes out the finished kickstart file to stdout or the given file name. This program supports all the usual readline niceties including tab completion of kickstart commands and their options, though not the values those options can take. In addition to understanding all the kickstart commands, ksshell has some builtin commands of its own to make working with kickstart files in the context of a shell easier: .clear Clear the existing kickstart data, including any from INFILE. This essentially starts you over from a blank state. .quit Quit the interactive shell, either saving to the file given by OUTFILE or printing to stdout if none was given. .show Print the current kickstart file state. EXIT STATUS
ksflatten returns 0 on success, and 1 if VERSION is incorrect. If INFILE does not exist, a warning will be printed but the user will still be dumped to the interactive shell. OPTIONS
-i, --input INFILE The name of the input kickstart file. -o, --output OUTFILE Write the flattened kickstart file to OUTFILE, or stdout if no filename is given. -v, --version VERSION Use this version of kickstart syntax when processing the file, or the latest if no version is given. SEE ALSO
ksvalidator (1), ksverdiff (1) KSSHELL(1)