Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Pick Operating System
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Pick Operating System Post 302883364 by jgt on Monday 13th of January 2014 01:32:04 PM
Old 01-13-2014
Pick Operating System

Anyone know anything about "Advanced Plus Operating Environment".
Preferably release 10 Revision 522Gcd probably dated 2003.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Operating System

Which is much more powerful as an operating system: 1. Windows 2000 2. Windows 98 3. Windows XP 4. Windows ME 5. Unix 6. Linux and why is it much more powerful than the other operating systems that i have mentioned. thanks for your info... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alecks1975
1 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Most suitable operating system

I have a Toshiba Satellite 1135 laptop, and i want to install a fedora core edition in my external USB hard drive. I have Intel celeron 1.8 ghz processor 256 mb ram. Please suggest if there are other suitable linux OS which would be better than fedora core. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunilryl
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Best Operating System

Hello All, I want to install Linux on my machine, so please tell me one thing which is the best to install- 1.)Red Hat 2.)Cent OS 3.)Red Hat 4.)Ubuntu 5.)Fedora except that if there is any please tell me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Operating system not found

Hi, Iam trying to instal a solaris operating system in a vmware on my local windows system via an iso image named as "solaris10.vmx". but as soon as the vm console opens i get an error message as: "PXE-MOF: Exiting Intel PXE ROM. Operating system not found" Please help me out in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Laxxi
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Detect Operating System

Hi, I need a script that needs to detect the Operating System and based upon wheter it is Linux, Solaris x86, Sparc, Itanium etc it should populate "ps" command with detailed output accordingly for example: ps -xef | grep java -> Itaniumps -auxwww | greap java -> Solaris (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What's my Operating System

Can we know the operating given the IP address or DNS of the host. All I have is file://myserver/myapp (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies

7. Android

Android (operating system)

From Wikipedia (FYI): (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pick system time of the file placed on UNIX?

Hi ,I got one data file from external source and I have to load it in database through sql loader. I want to add 2 columns in database,one is file name and one is time of the file received on server. -rwxr-x--- 1 user user 238 Jun 03 16:32 90936264971326030616.ctr From above case,... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ruchika
21 Replies
TZSET(P)						     POSIX Programmer's Manual							  TZSET(P)

NAME
daylight, timezone, tzname, tzset - set timezone conversion information SYNOPSIS
#include <time.h> extern int daylight; extern long timezone; extern char *tzname[2]; void tzset(void); DESCRIPTION
The tzset() function shall use the value of the environment variable TZ to set time conversion information used by ctime() , localtime() , mktime() , and strftime() . If TZ is absent from the environment, implementation-defined default timezone information shall be used. The tzset() function shall set the external variable tzname as follows: tzname[0] = "std"; tzname[1] = "dst"; where std and dst are as described in the Base Definitions volume of IEEE Std 1003.1-2001, Chapter 8, Environment Variables. The tzset() function also shall set the external variable daylight to 0 if Daylight Savings Time conversions should never be applied for the timezone in use; otherwise, non-zero. The external variable timezone shall be set to the difference, in seconds, between Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) and local standard time. RETURN VALUE
The tzset() function shall not return a value. ERRORS
No errors are defined. The following sections are informative. EXAMPLES
Example TZ variables and their timezone differences are given in the table below: TZ timezone EST5EDT 5*60*60 GMT0 0*60*60 JST-9 -9*60*60 MET-1MEST -1*60*60 MST7MDT 7*60*60 PST8PDT 8*60*60 APPLICATION USAGE
None. RATIONALE
None. FUTURE DIRECTIONS
None. SEE ALSO
ctime() , localtime() , mktime() , strftime() , the Base Definitions volume of IEEE Std 1003.1-2001, Chapter 8, Environment Variables, <time.h> COPYRIGHT
Portions of this text are reprinted and reproduced in electronic form from IEEE Std 1003.1, 2003 Edition, Standard for Information Technol- ogy -- Portable Operating System Interface (POSIX), The Open Group Base Specifications Issue 6, Copyright (C) 2001-2003 by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc and The Open Group. In the event of any discrepancy between this version and the original IEEE and The Open Group Standard, the original IEEE and The Open Group Standard is the referee document. The original Standard can be obtained online at http://www.opengroup.org/unix/online.html . IEEE
/The Open Group 2003 TZSET(P)