Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Add numbers in third code with conditions on the 1st and 2nd Post 302883353 by matrixmadhan on Monday 13th of January 2014 12:07:26 PM
Old 01-13-2014
awk '{ if ( $1 > $2 ) { arr[$2$1] += $3 } else { arr[$1$2] += $3 } }END{ for (i in arr) { print i, arr[i] } }' file

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Want the UNIX code - I want to sum of the 1st column wherever the first 2nd and 3rd columns r equal

I have the code for the below things.. File1 has the content as below 8859 0 subscriberCreate 18 0 subscriberPaymentMethodChange 1650 0 subscriberProfileUpdate 7668 0 subscriberStatusChange 13 4020100 subscriberProfileUpdate 1 4020129 subscriberStatusChange 2 4020307 subscriberCreate 8831... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mahen
5 Replies
PARSE_STR(3)								 1							      PARSE_STR(3)

parse_str - Parses the string into variables

SYNOPSIS
void parse_str (string $str, [array &$arr]) DESCRIPTION
Parses $str as if it were the query string passed via a URL and sets variables in the current scope. Note To get the current QUERY_STRING, you may use the variable $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING']. Also, you may want to read the section on vari- ables from external sources. Note The magic_quotes_gpc setting affects the output of this function, as parse_str(3) uses the same mechanism that PHP uses to populate the $_GET, $_POST, etc. variables. PARAMETERS
o $str - The input string. o $arr - If the second parameter $arr is present, variables are stored in this variable as array elements instead. RETURN VALUES
No value is returned. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Using parse_str(3) <?php $str = "first=value&arr[]=foo+bar&arr[]=baz"; parse_str($str); echo $first; // value echo $arr[0]; // foo bar echo $arr[1]; // baz parse_str($str, $output); echo $output['first']; // value echo $output['arr'][0]; // foo bar echo $output['arr'][1]; // baz ?> SEE ALSO
parse_url(3), pathinfo(3), http_build_query(3), get_magic_quotes_gpc(3), urldecode(3). PHP Documentation Group PARSE_STR(3)