Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Script run by cron gives no output Post 302883316 by Yoda on Monday 13th of January 2014 09:40:29 AM
Old 01-13-2014
Use absolute path for hpacucli. Replace highlighted with actual path:
Code:
/path_to_hpacucli/hpacucli ctrl slot=3 show config | mail -s "ARRAY STATUS-$(date)" me@mycompanyemail.com

This User Gave Thanks to Yoda For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with script - run by cron

Hello, I have a shell script that runs every minute to process incoming files delivered externally via SFTP to a directory. Basically the script works and processes the files however I get an error when a new file is delivered into the directory. Please see my script below. A new file is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: richo king
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help with a script run by a cron job.

Hi, new to this forum and not sure if this is the right place to post. I'm new to cron jobs and scripts, and I need some help with a script to be used with a cron job. I already have a bot set up at a certain website address and need a script that the cron job will load every day that tells it to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: klawless
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run script? call other script? su to another user? make a cron?

Good morning. I am searching for "how-to"'s for some particular questions: 1. How to write a script in HP-UX 11. 2. How to schedule a script. 3. How to "call" scripts from the original script. 4. How to su to another user from within a script. This is the basics of what the... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: instant000
15 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run a script using cron job and send the output as attachment via e-mail using unix

how to run a script using cron job and send the output as attachment via e-mail using unix. please help me. how my cron job entry should be? As of now my cron job entry is to run the script at specific time, 15 03 * * * /path/sample.sh | mail -s "Logs" email_id In the above entry, what... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script to run a sql and print the output to an output file

Hi All, I have around 900 Select Sql's which I would like to run in an awk script and print the output of those sql's in an txt file. Can you anyone pls let me know how do I do it and execute the awk script? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adept
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrong output when run via Cron

Hello, This may be a simple one, but i can't see what the issue is. When i run the script via CLI, then i get the correct output via the if statement, but when i run via CRON i get the wrong statement. echo " Checking Job Status" >> $DIR/Bpimagecleanup_$DATE... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junes
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to run a script on cron

I need someone to help me out to upload script on host but I have problem can anyone help me out ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spit
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output differs when run manually and when cron job executes it

I get a different output when i manually run the .sh script and when it is run by a cron job. Please help me .. TMP1="/lhome/bbuser/script/wslog/sar.t1" TMP2="/lhome/bbuser/script/wslog/sar.t2" TMP3="/lhome/bbuser/script/wslog/sar.t3" OUTPUT="/lhome/bbuser/script/wslog/sar.out"... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithinankam
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Who -u gives different output if run from cron than if run from terminal?

If I run 'who -u' interactively or from a script invoked through bash in a tty on my Ubuntu 12LTS box I get an output like this: testuser pts/0 Dec 9 02:32 . 2163 (host.xx.yy) running the same through cron I get: testuser pts/0 2012-12-09 02:32 00:05 2163... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: latimer
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run script no more than twice daily WITHOUT cron

Can I run a script no more than twice a day without using cron? Maybe create a file when script is first run and check its date? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
7 Replies
GCHEM3D(1)						       gnome-chemistry-utils							GCHEM3D(1)

NAME
gchem3d - a small chemical viewer application SYNOPSIS
gchem3d [OPTION(S)...] [FILE...] DESCRIPTION
gchem3d is a small chemical viewer application, which can show several chemical file formats. OPTIONS
The following options are accepted: -b COLOR, --bgcolor=COLOR Use the given color as background color. COLOR can be one of "black" (default), "white", "#rrggbb" (don't forget to escape the "#" character in the shell). -d MODEL, --display3d=MODEL Choose how molecules are displayed. MODEL can be one of "BallnStick" (default), "SpaceFill". -?, --help Show application help options. --help-all, --help-* Print all or just a group of help options. These options are not documented here. Instead see gtk-options(7) and gnome-options(7). -v, --version Print gchem3d version information. SEE ALSO
gnome-options(7), gtk-options(7) AUTHORS
Jean Brefort <jean.brefort@normalesup.org> Program author. Daniel Leidert <daniel.leidert@wgdd.de> Manpage author. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2007 Jean Brefort Copyright (C) 2004-2007 Daniel Leidert Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. gcu 0.12 $Date: 2009-03-19 10:53:47 +0100 (jeu. 19 mars 2009) $ GCHEM3D(1)