Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: C language help URGENT !!!
Top Forums Programming C language help URGENT !!! Post 302883175 by aloushi on Saturday 11th of January 2014 01:58:45 PM
Old 01-11-2014
Code C language help URGENT !!!

I'am writing a program in C language and my code is working perfectly i just need to add a search to it ...
My code lets users add companies, and then display them on screen...
i would like to add a search that allows user to type company name and then displayall its info on the screen !!
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

Code:
#include <stdio.h>
struct Company
{
char name[30];
int id;
int rev;
int debt;

};
int main(){
struct Company a[3],b[3];
FILE *fptr;
int i;
fptr=fopen("file.txt","wb");
for(i=0;i<3;++i)
{
fflush(stdin);
printf("Enter Company name: ");
gets(a[i].name);
printf("Enter id: ");
scanf("%d",&a[i].id);
printf("Enter revenue: ");
scanf("%d",&a[i].rev);
printf("Enter debt: ");
scanf("%d",&a[i].debt);
}
fwrite(a,sizeof(a),1,fptr);
fclose(fptr);
fptr=fopen("file.txt","rb");
fread(b,sizeof(b),1,fptr);
for(i=0;i<3;++i)
{
printf("Name: %s\nid: %d\nrevenue: %d\ndebt: %d",b[i].name,b[i].id,b[i].rev,b[i].debt);
}
fclose(fptr);
}

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A different language to me!

Hi all, I'm glad there's a section called UNIX for dummies on this forum cause when it comes to UNIX, I am certainly a dummie. I honestly don't have a clue about 98% of the UNIX commands out there so forgive me if this is a really stupid question. I'm trying to set up a MySQL server on my Mac... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kguenther
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

URGENT,URGENT- Need help tape drive installation

Hi, I am trying to attach tape drive to sun V890 running Solaris 9 on it. I have installed HBA(qlogic) in slot 1 of 0-8 slots and booted the system. I do not see HBAin prtdiag output. The tape drive is not attached to HBA. The tape drive I am going to attach is Sony AIT3. 1.How can I make... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriny
3 Replies

3. Programming

c programming language

Can someone enligten me on what below program does? I understand getchar and putchar.. but what is this program suppose to do? I try to put printf on it, but it shows nothing.. can someone explain to me what this program is suppose to do? It is reading something and assigning to c? so, if... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: convenientstore
8 Replies

4. Programming

c language

is there any difference between "char*" and "char *" (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amol munde
1 Replies

5. Programming

which language will be the best

Hello, Ive got to amke a script to calculate how many emails are in the servers mailbox, how many times each IP address appears in the mailbox and to search for keywords, tehn produce the results in HTML report. The thing is I dont know where to start and what the best language to use would be. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: clueless
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What language is this?

Hi, Just got handed this script set def = HLA_DR.pockets set data = DRB1_1501.dat foreach a ( 'cat $data | args 3 |sort -u' ) cat $def | xC | grep -v $a > $$.def cat $data | grep $a | args 1,2 > $a.dat set pseudo = `cat MHCDR_pseudo.dat | grep HLA | grep $a | args 2`... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: lost
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT Reading a file and assessing the syntax shell script URGENT

I am trying to write a shell script which takes an input file as an arguement in the terminal e.g. bash shellscriptname.sh input.txt. I would like for the file to be read line by line each time checking if the .txt file contains certain words or letters(validating the syntax). If the line being... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gurdza32
1 Replies
add entry(1m)															     add entry(1m)

NAME
add entry - Adds a name service entry to the name service database SYNOPSIS
rpccp add entry entry-name [-s syntax] OPTIONS
Indicates the name syntax of the entry name (optional). The only value for this option is the dce name syntax, which is the default name syntax. Until an alternative name syntax becomes available, specifying the -s option is unnecessary. ARGUMENTS
Specifies the name of the target name service entry. For an entry in the local cell, you can omit the cell name and specify only the cell- relative name. DESCRIPTION
The add entry command adds an unspecialized entry to the name service database. The name of the entry is required. The new entry initially contains no NSI attributes. This command creates a general name service entry for an application or user. The application or user can later use the export, add element, and add member commands to make the generic entry into a server entry, a group, or a profile (or a combination), as follows: For a server entry, specify the new entry as the target entry for the rpccp export command. For a group, specify the new entry as the target group for the rpccp add member command. For a profile, specify the new entry as the tar- get profile for the rpccp add element command. The add entry command enables administrators to add entries for users who lack the required permissions. If you have the permissions required by the add entry command, you can also add an entry using an export, add member, or add element command; if the entry you specify does not exist, the command creates the entry. Privilege Required To add an entry, you need insert permission to the parent directory and both read permission and write permission to the CDS object entry (the target name service entry). NOTE
This command is replaced at Revision 1.1 by the dcecp command and may not be provided in future releases of DCE. EXAMPLES
The following commands start RPCCP and add an unspecialized entry to the name service database: $ rpccp rpccp> add entry > /.:/LandS/anthro/Cal_host_2 The following command operates from the system prompt to add an unspecialized entry to the name service data- base: $ rpccp add entry > /.:/LandS/anthro/Cal_host_3 RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: remove entry(1m), show entry(1m) add entry(1m)