Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help to format one txt file to required format Post 302883067 by vgersh99 on Friday 10th of January 2014 03:04:31 PM
Old 01-10-2014
I've updated the code with one more condition - take the latest version.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to format a txt file using typeset?

Hi all, i have a file toto.txt : blabla;toumtoudoum;blablabla toumtoudoumtoudoum;blabla;popopopo blablabla;etcetcetc;blabla etc.... As you can see, it is a simple file containig 3 fields separated by a ";". What i want to do is to display this file with a nice formating... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: HowardIsHigh
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To convert multi format file to a readable ascii format

Hi I have a file which has ascii , binary, binary decimal coded,decimal & hexadecimal data with lot of special characters (like öƒ.ƒ.„İİ¡Š·œƒ.„İİ¡Š· ) in it. I want to standardize the file into ASCII format & later use that as source . Can any one suggest a way a logic to convert such... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaur.deepti
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK CSV to TXT format, TXT file not in a correct column format

HI guys, I have created a script to read 1 column in a csv file and then place it in text file. However, when i checked out the text file, it is not in a column format... Example: CSV file contains name,age aa,11 bb,22 cc,33 After using awk to get first column TXT file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mdap
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Save Excel file as .txt in UNIX format

I have some files created in Excel that have to be saved as .txt files in order to load them into our accounting system. I can save the files as .txt files through Excel, but I then have to open them in TextPad and do a save as to change the Format from PC to UNIX. Is there a way to skip this step... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jroyalty
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format txt file to CSV

Hi All, I have a file with content FLIGHT PLANS PRODUCED ON 26.08.2008(SORTED BY FPLAN NUMBER) RUN DATED 27/08/08 PAGE 1 -------------------------------------------------------------- FPLAN FPLAN PRE BTCH BATCH POST BTCH BATCH BATCH ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: digitalrg
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format txt file as html table

I have a short time to solve a problem, so I need some help. I've searched the forum, but I couldn't find a solution to my problem. I made a script to filter some text and now I have a new requirement to make it available as html table. Problem is that I more than one files with different set... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tetreb
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting windows format file to unix format using script

Hi, I am having couple of files which i used to copy from windows to Linux, so now in case of text files (CTRL^M) appears at end of line. I know i can convert this windows format file to unix format file by running dos2unix. My requirement here is that i want to do it automatically using a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Format txt file in UNIX

Hello All, I have File_all.txt which have content as below Volume in drive E is Data Volume Serial Number is 586D-6932 Directory of E:\mydi2\siudfor\TFG058 03/27/2014 09:59 PM 5,569 FX\FX01 my4_pg4_MON_20140327_C.zip 1 File(s) 5,569 bytes ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar30213
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help required in converting a file format

My file format: -------------------------------------------------- Complete Consistency Check Valid Area : VALID:VALID Started by : esanwad Started at : Thu Dec 11 16:04:46 2014 CNA version : R21H04_EC08 Check range : AREA VALID/VALID ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gautam Banerjee
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in creating a file in required format form another existing file

I have a text file with contents like this: a,b,c, d~e,f,g,h~i,j ,k,l,m~n,o,p,q~ I need to convert this file into this format unix shell script commands: a,b,c,d~ e,f,g,h~ i,j,k,l,m~ n,o,p,q~ as you may have noticed, I need to retain the ~ signs at the end. Any help is greatly... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harsha1238
3 Replies
DEBIAN-DISTRO-INFO(1)					      General Commands Manual					     DEBIAN-DISTRO-INFO(1)

NAME
debian-distro-info - provides information about Debian's distributions SYNOPSIS
debian-distro-info [OPTIONS] OPTIONS
--date=DATE date for calculating the version (default: today) -h, --help display help message and exit --alias=DIST print the alias (stable, testing, unstable) relative to the distribution codename passed as an argument. Only distribution code- names composed of lower case ASCII letters are accepted, and if the distribution does not qualify as stable, testing or unstable, then the same codename passed as argument is returned. -a, --all list all known versions -d, --devel latest development version -o, --old latest old (stable) version -s, --stable latest stable version --supported list of all supported stable versions -t, --testing latest testing version --unsupported list of all unsupported stable versions -c, --codename print the codename (default) -r, --release print the release version -f, --fullname print the full name SEE ALSO
distro-info(1), ubuntu-distro-info(1) AUTHOR
The script and this manual page was written by Benjamin Drung <bdrung@debian.org>. distro-info January 2011 DEBIAN-DISTRO-INFO(1)