Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Oracle 11g script read from file in where clause (RHEL 5.7) Post 302882995 by gacanepa on Friday 10th of January 2014 09:59:49 AM
Old 01-10-2014
[SOLVED] Oracle 11g script read from file in where clause (RHEL 5.7)

Thanks Robin and Yoda!
I also tried the temporary table workaround but my user does not have sufficient privileges.
In the meanwhile, the DBA (who was supposed to provide me a sql query in the first place) found a query that we can use and I just tried it - and it worked.
That being said, I believe this thread will serve as a reference for other users in the future. I will mark it as solved and will click the Thanks button in each of your posts.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Switching user to oracle to connect Oracle 11g DB with 'sysdba'

I need to connect my Oracle 11g DB from shell script with 'sysdba' permissions. To do this I have to switch user from 'root' to 'oracle'. I've tried the following with no success. su - oracle -c "<< EOF1 sqlplus -s "/ as sysdba" << EOF2 whenever sqlerror exit sql.sqlcode;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NetBear
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

ksh scripts migrating(Oracle 11G) from Solaris Sparc 10 to RHEL 7

Hi All, Now we are migrating oracle 11G from Solaris Sparc 10 to RHEL 7. We have 1000+ ksh scripts.. Could you please let em know what would be the best way to use exiting scripts in RHEL with minimal changes,. my concern was "Is it all Solaris command work in RHEL". (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mssprince
3 Replies
GCHEM3D(1)						       gnome-chemistry-utils							GCHEM3D(1)

NAME
gchem3d - a small chemical viewer application SYNOPSIS
gchem3d [OPTION(S)...] [FILE...] DESCRIPTION
gchem3d is a small chemical viewer application, which can show several chemical file formats. OPTIONS
The following options are accepted: -b COLOR, --bgcolor=COLOR Use the given color as background color. COLOR can be one of "black" (default), "white", "#rrggbb" (don't forget to escape the "#" character in the shell). -d MODEL, --display3d=MODEL Choose how molecules are displayed. MODEL can be one of "BallnStick" (default), "SpaceFill". -?, --help Show application help options. --help-all, --help-* Print all or just a group of help options. These options are not documented here. Instead see gtk-options(7) and gnome-options(7). -v, --version Print gchem3d version information. SEE ALSO
gnome-options(7), gtk-options(7) AUTHORS
Jean Brefort <jean.brefort@normalesup.org> Program author. Daniel Leidert <daniel.leidert@wgdd.de> Manpage author. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2007 Jean Brefort Copyright (C) 2004-2007 Daniel Leidert Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. gcu 0.12 $Date: 2009-03-19 10:53:47 +0100 (jeu. 19 mars 2009) $ GCHEM3D(1)