Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract few content from a huge list of files Post 302882749 by Don Cragun on Thursday 9th of January 2014 04:34:26 AM
Old 01-09-2014
You were very close, just change:
Code:
awk '/\.U/{c=2}c&&c--' file

to:
Code:
awk '/\.[UW]/{c=2}c&&c--' file

This User Gave Thanks to Don Cragun For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract data from a huge file?

Hi, I have a huge file of bibliographic records in some standard format.I need a script to do some repeatable task as follows: 1. Needs to create folders as the strings starts with "item_*" from the input file 2. Create a file "contents" in each folders having "license.txt(tab... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srsahu75
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract a piece of information from a huge file

Hello All, I need some assistance to extract a piece of information from a huge file. The file is like this one : database information ccccccccccccccccc ccccccccccccccccc ccccccccccccccccc ccccccccccccccccc os information cccccccccccccccccc cccccccccccccccccc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marcor
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract content from several txt-files

Hi! Im trying to write a script in ksh that creates a single txt-file from specific content in several other txt-files. From these files I want to extract all text after 'WORD' and before '=', regardless of number of lines and other content. I have tried cat and guess I need... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: larsu
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script or command help to extract specific contents from a long list of content

Hi, I got a long list of contents: >sequence_1 ASSSSSSSSSSSDDDDDDDDDDDCCCCCCC ASDSFDFFDFDFFWERERERERFSDFESFSFD >sequence_2 ASDFDFDFFDDFFDFDSFDSFDFSDFSDFDSFASDSADSADASD ASDFFDFDFASFASFASFAFSFFSDASFASFASFAFS >sequence_3 VEDFGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDG dDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDF... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific data content from a long list of data

My input: Data name: ABC001 Data length: 1000 Detail info Data Direction Start_time End_time Length 1 forward 10 100 90 1 forward 15 200 185 2 reverse 50 500 450 Data name: XFG110 Data length: 100 Detail info Data Direction Start_time End_time Length 1 forward 50 100 50 ... (11 Replies)
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract a subset from a huge dataset

Hi, All I have a huge file which has 450G. Its tab-delimited format is as below x1 A 50020 1 x1 B 50021 8 x1 C 50022 9 x1 A 50023 10 x2 D 50024 5 x2 C 50025 7 x2 F 50026 8 x2 N 50027 1 : : Now, I want to extract a subset from this file. In this subset, column 1 is x10, column 2 is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cliffyiu
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Excution Problems with loading huge data content and convert it

Hi, I got long list of referred file content: CGTGCFTGCGTFREDG PEOGDKGJDGKLJGKL DFGDSFIODUFIODSUF FSDOFJSODIFJSIODFJ DSFSDFDFSDOFJFOSF SDFOSDJFOJFPPIPIOP . . . Input file content: >sample_1 SDFDSKLFKDSLSDFSDFDFGDSFIODUFIODSUFSDDSFDSSDFDSFAS (14 Replies)
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a list of files using unzip command

Hi all, this is my first and i can't speak english well, so please be kind ! Here is my problem : I want to unzip a list of .zip files stored in one directory, so I though about using that : unzip '*.zip' Thing is that all of my zipped folders contain a file with the unique same name :... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: remissssss
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

List the files after sorting based on file content

Hi, I have two pipe separated files as below: head -3 file1.txt "HD"|"Nov 11 2016 4:08AM"|"0000000018" "DT"|"240350264"|"56432" "DT"|"240350264"|"56432" head -3 file2.txt "HD"|"Nov 15 2016 2:18AM"|"0000000019" "DT"|"240350264"|"56432" "DT"|"240350264"|"56432" I want to list the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prasannag87
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Comparing two files and list the difference with common first line content of both files

I have two file as given below which shows the ACL permissions of each file. I need to compare the source file with target file and list down the difference as specified below in required output. Can someone help me on this ? Source File ************* # file: /local/test_1 # owner: own #... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarathy_a35
4 Replies
PAGESIZE(1)						      General Commands Manual						       PAGESIZE(1)

NAME
pagesize - Print supported system page sizes SYNOPSIS
pagesize [options] DESCRIPTION
The pagesize utility prints the page sizes of a page of memory in bytes, as returned by getpagesizes(3). This is useful when creating por- table shell scripts, configuring huge page pools with hugeadm or launching applications to use huge pages with hugectl. If no parameters are specified, pagesize prints the system base page size as returned by getpagesize(). The following parameters affect what other pagesizes are displayed. --huge-only, -H Display all huge pages supported by the system as returned by gethugepagesizes(). --all, -a Display all page sizes supported by the system. SEE ALSO
oprofile(1), getpagesize(2), getpagesizes(3), gethugepagesizes(3), hugectl(7), hugeadm(7), libhugetlbfs(7) AUTHORS
libhugetlbfs was written by various people on the libhugetlbfs-devel mailing list. October 10, 2008 PAGESIZE(1)