Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Translating script to perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Translating script to perl Post 302882560 by kurumi on Tuesday 7th of January 2014 10:58:06 PM
Old 01-07-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkySmart
any help is much appreciated.
hand translate yourself and learn some Perl. for example this
Code:
PXNAME=$(echo $line | awk -F, '{print $1}')

is just getting the first field of a comma delimited line. you can
use split() in Perl for this.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

translating device to filesystem in solaris10

Greetings, I have a oracle database server and i keep getting grid control message Metric=Disk Device Busy (%) Metric Value=98.66 Disk Device=ssd430 Severity=Critical Message=Disk Device ssd430 is 98.66% busy. so I am trying to correlate the ssd430 to the filesystem. I understand this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: p4cldba
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Translating/Replacing characters in a file

Hi, i have a given file named hugo.dat. In this file there are several lines that contain characters like } and ~ Now, i need a script that replaces the character } to ü and character ~ to ß Can anyone help for a working ksh script? Kind Regards FranzB (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FranzB
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Translating the same file

I want to strip off '\032' character from a file using: tr -d '\032' < oldfile > newfile this outputs the contents of oldfile to newfile, but I wanna do that in the same file i.e. remove the \032 character from the old file. I tried: tr -d '\032' < oldfile > oldfile But the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagan8877
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

translating physical/virtual addresses

Hi all, I am new to Linux kernel/user space programming having been an assembly programmer in my previous life. I am now using 2.6.x kernel on an embedded CPU that has a few dedicated hardware blocks (including more CPU running just C-code, i.e., no operating system). There is a single DRAM... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: agaurav
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a perl script with arguments from a parent perl script

I am trying to run a perl script which needs input arguments from a parent perl script, but doesn't seem to work. Appreciate your help in this regard. From parent.pl $input1=123; $input2=abc; I tried calling it with system("/usr/bin/perl child.pl $input1 $input2"); and `perl... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grajp002
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help translating this to shell

Hello Im new here, I just got my first VPS and I really need help converting this .bat to shell script so i can run my program. @echo off @title DiamondMS v117 set CLASSPATH=.;dist\* java -client -Dnet.sf.odinms.wzpath=wz server.Start pause I have no idea what im doing to convert this... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: valleric
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Portable way of translating epoch time

echo $(date +%s) | awk '{ print strftime("%c", $2"-"$3"-"$NF"/"$4); }' The above command only seems to work on newer versions of awk or systems with gawk installed. how can i translate the epoch time into a human readable format using a portable method? also, date -d@$epochtime does not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

8. Programming

PERL: In a perl-scripttTrying to execute another perl-script that SETS SOME VARIABLES !

I have reviewed many examples on-line about running another process (either PERL or shell command or a program), but do not find any usefull for my needs way. (Reviewed and not useful the system(), 'back ticks', exec() and open()) I would like to run another PERL-script from first one, not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
1 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)