Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Installing latest Ubuntu on my desktop Post 302882554 by sundaresh on Tuesday 7th of January 2014 09:03:50 PM
Old 01-07-2014
Installing latest Ubuntu on my desktop

I wish to install the latest ubuntu on my desktop. How do I go about doing this ?
Also how do I create the superuser or admin once the installation is done ?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Installing Firefox and now ended up installing latest glibc

Hi all, I wanted to install the latest version of firefox 2 but it seems when I attempt to install it, it seems to be saying it is looking for c libraries version 2.3? I believe I currently have an older version of the c libraries. I am currently running Sun's JDS Linux 2003. My Mozilla web... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptingmani
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Would like to install x86 desktop Ubuntu over AMD64 Ubuntu server

My intention was to build a dual boot XP Pro 64 and Ubuntu media server. I had installed the AMD64 version of Ubuntu 8.10 server and thought that I would be able to install Apache server. I need a GUI to work in. I tried to boot and install Mythbuntu 32 bit 8.10, but my machine now won't recognize... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: docflyboy
0 Replies

3. Ubuntu

UBUNTU 8.1 Desktop Edition not running after installation

I am a new Ubuntu user, installing Ubuntu on Windows XP . The installation process is successful but after installing when I login , it just freezes with a blank screen for both XClient scripts and GNOME sessions. I have given 10 GB space to the installation. Also i noticed that the time... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: singla
5 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Ubuntu creating a new user with Desktop

Hi, I am using Ubuntu 8.04 32-bit x86 m/c. I am using the following command to create an user. useradd -d /home/new_user -m new_user -s /bin/bash But, I am not get to see the "Desktop" directory automatically created. May I know how to create it by default? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I link my Ubuntu desktop to a separate partition?

I have a dual boot system on my laptop running Windows 7 professional and Ubuntu 10.10. I would like my windows 7 desktop C:\users\username\Desktop and also my Ubuntu 10.10 desktop /home/username/Desktop to both save their files to the same location somewhere...perhaps /windows (a 40 gb win32... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marcus Aurelius
0 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Download latest Ubuntu version from linux command

I have ubuntu 10.4 on my system and want to download newer Ubuntu version like 11.04. Is there any linux command(something like apt-get source used for downloading kernel source) using which I can download directly the newer ubuntu relaease? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
2 Replies

7. Ubuntu

How to Get Started on Ubuntu Desktop for the first time

Hello Everyone, I have been using RHEL from quite a while now on server system, but now i also want to use Linux as my Desktop/Laptop OS on my personal computer. So i downloaded the Ubuntu 12.04 yeserday as i have read alot about it being the most popular Linux Desktop OS. So guys could you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rohit Bhanot
1 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Ubuntu desktop RAID1 boot problem.

Hello, I installed ubuntu desktop just recently in aim to create a RAID1 configuration using software RAID MDADM. I have the following configuration as fdisk -l reports: Disk /dev/sda: 223,6 GiB, 240057409536 bytes, 468862128 sectors Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes Sector size... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reol
5 Replies
OSINFO-INSTALL-SCRIPT.C(1)				      Virtualization Support					OSINFO-INSTALL-SCRIPT.C(1)

NAME
osinfo-install-script - generate a script for automated installation SYNOPSIS
osinfo-install-script [OPTIONS...] OS-ID DESCRIPTION
Generate a script suitable for performing an automated installation of "OS-ID". "OS-ID" should be a URI identifying the operating system, or its short ID. By default a script will be generated for a "JEOS" style install. OPTIONS
--profile=NAME Choose the installation script profile. Defaults to "jeos", but can also be "desktop", or a site specific profile name --config=key=value Set the configuration parameter "key" to "value". CONFIGURATION KEYS
The following configuration keys are available "hardware-arch" The hardware architecture "l10n-timezone" The local timezone "l10n-keyboard" The local keyboard layout "l10n-language" The local language "admin-password" The administrator password "user-password" The user password "user-login" The user login name "user-realname" The user real name "user-autologin" Whether to automatically login the user "user-admin" Whether to give the user administrative privileges "reg-product-key" The software registration key "reg-login" The software registration user login "reg-password" The software registration user password EXAMPLE USAGE
The following usage generates a Fedora 16 kickstart script # osinfo-install-script --profile jeos --config l10n-timezone=GMT --config l10n-keyboard=uk --config l10n-language=en_GB --config admin-password=123456 --config user-login=berrange --config user-password=123456 --config user-realname="Daniel P Berrange" fedora16 EXIT STATUS
The exit status will be 0 if an install script is generated, or 1 on error AUTHORS
Daniel P. Berrange <berrange@redhat.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2012 Red Hat, Inc. LICENSE
"osinfo-install-script" is distributed under the termsof the GNU LGPL v2 license. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE libosinfo-0.2.7 2013-04-10 OSINFO-INSTALL-SCRIPT.C(1)