Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk command to find seq lines Post 302882474 by Akshay Hegde on Tuesday 7th of January 2014 06:24:44 AM
Old 01-07-2014
You can do like this no need to write to some file and source

Code:
$ cat file.cfg 
JAN_01 
VAR1=4
VAR2=SUM
VAR3=PRIVATE

JAN_10
VAR1=44
VAR2=GUN
VAR3=NATUR

JAN_20
VAR1=3
VAR2=TQN
VAR3=COMMA

Code:
$ cat querry.sh
#!/bin/ksh

file="file.cfg"
t_lines="4"

find_cfg(){
                 awk -v start="$1" \
                     -v stop="$t_lines" '
                     $0 == start{i=1;next}i{++i;print}i==stop{exit}' $file 
          }

find_cfg $1 | \
while read line; do
        export $line && eval echo '$'${line%=*}    
done

Code:
$ ksh querry.sh JAN_10 
GUN
NATUR

Last edited by Akshay Hegde; 01-07-2014 at 07:41 AM.. Reason: Bold - -Color

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed Command : Parse parameter file / send the lines to the ksh export command

Sorry for the duplicate thread this one is similar to the one in https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/88132-awk-sed-script-read-values-parameter-files.html#post302255121 Since there were no responses on the parent thread since it got resolved partially i thought to open the new... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to find filenames with latest version and for all seq. numbers in a day

Hi, We have a requirement to find the set of filenames from the group of files in a specified folder based on (i) version number (ii) sequence number such that, for any given sequence number in a day only the latest version filenames have to indentified. Below is the format of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deepakbabu
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk find a string, print the line 2 lines below it

I am parsing a nagios config, searching for a string, and then printing the line 2 lines later (the "members" string). Here's the data: define hostgroup{ hostgroup_name chat-dev alias chat-dev members thisisahostname } define hostgroup{ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mglenney
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to find pattern and add lines

My file goes like this: SID_LIST_HOSTNAME_LISTENER_3 = (SID_LIST = (SID_DESC = (SID_NAME = ORA0008) (ORACLE_HOME = /opt/oracle/product/ORA0008) (ENVS = "LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/oracle/product/ORA0008/lib") ) (SID_DESC = (SID_NAME = ORA0007) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpsingh
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find duplicates in column 1 and merge their lines (awk?)

Hi, I have a file (sorted by sort) with 8 tab delimited columns. The first column contains duplicated fields and I need to merge all these identical lines. My input file: comp100002 aaa bbb ccc ddd eee fff ggg comp100003 aba aba aba aba aba aba aba comp100003 fff fff fff fff fff fff fff... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: falcox
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to find the distinct lines using uniq command

Platform :Oracle Linux 6.4 Shell : bash The below file has 7 lines , some of them are duplicates. There are only 3 distinct lines. But why is the uniq command still showing 7 ? I just want the distinct lines to be returned. $ cat test.txt SELECT FC.COORD_SET_ID FROM OM_ORDER_FLOW F, -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[awk] find pattern, change next two lines

Hi, hope you can help me... It seems like a straightforward problem, but I haven't had any success so far using my basic scripting and awk "skills": I need to find a pattern /VEL/ in an input file that looks like this: 1110SOL OW25489 1.907 7.816 26.338 -0.4365 0.4100 -0.0736 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: origamisven
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk or sed to find a pattern that has lines before and after it

Dear gurus, Please help this beginner to write and understand the required script. I am looking for useing awk for sed. I have a few thousand lines file whose contain are mostly as below and I am trying to achieve followings. 1. Find a string, say user1. Then hash the line containing the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ran_bon_78
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with awk script to append seq num at end of record

Hi Unix forum. I have the following requirement to add a sequence value to each record in a file but only if it meets certain conditions. Field value in pos. 1 and 2 must be '0B' or 'OA' else leave as is. Sequence value must be preserved for each OB and OA pair. Data Before: 123 456... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

find pattern matches in consecutive lines in certain fields-awk

I have a text file with many thousands of lines, a small sample of which looks like this: InputFile:PS002,003 D -1 5 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 6 6 -1 -1 -1 -1 0 509 0 PS002,003 PSQ 0 1 7 18 1 0 -1 1 1 3 -1 -1 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvoot
5 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. Please notice this option isn't related to the terminal length as in a "80 culums terminal". --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do right to left (RTL) layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter and A4. Default is A4. Postscript points Each postscript point equals to 1/72 of an inch. 36 points are 1/2 of an inch. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --gutter-width=gw Set gutter width. Default is 40 postscript points. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)