Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Get latest update for RHEL systems Post 302882291 by Darshan Parab on Monday 6th of January 2014 03:29:16 AM
Old 01-06-2014
Get latest update for RHEL systems

Hi all,

I want to get latest package updates for my RHEL systems. I don't any account with RHN so that I can get updates from there. All I'm interested in knowing is that is it possible to get package updates without registering with RHN. And If yes then how. I have read about RHN satellite and RHN proxy. Got really confused. I'll be really thankful if someone can help me out with this.

Thanks...

Darshan

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I update a file on 50 systems at once?

I need to update a file that is on 50 different systems at once. In case of planned network outages I would like to overwrite or lock a monitoring script so that it doesn't send notifications. I thought of using a script that ftp 's the updated file to all 50 systems, and then overwrites the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: darthur
11 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to update RHEL

Hi, i am using RHEL 4.0 ES i want to reinstall all software + kernal from distribution pack, because i think some of software get corrupted. like yum/up2date throwing library error. so i want to reinstall them from pack. what option to do same direct from CD. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonirajesh
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how can i know the latest update packages i have installed on solaris 9 ???

i want to know the update packages that i have installed on my solaris 9 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MONMON
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

Apache,php,mysql, and jdk 1.6 update 20 installation on RHEL 5.5

I want to install Apache (version 2.2.X), php (version 5.3.X),mysql (version 5.5.X) on RHEL 5.5. Guide re. site address for download all rpm. X = latest version. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasdaax
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Does RHEL 5 provide a command to collect RHEL system log in single compress file?

Hi, I heard a command that can collect all RHEL 5 log in a single compress file before I forget. Does any body know...What the command is ? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnnnnnine
4 Replies

6. AIX

AIX 7.1 TL update -> only latest or one by one?

Hi, I'm about to update a 7.1 box from 7100-00-03-1115 to the latest level 7100-02-01-1245. Question: do I have to install all steps between them or can I just download the latest level and do a update_all? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: iso
8 Replies

7. Red Hat

Error throwing while installing vsftpd package in rhel 6. using rhel 6 dvd.

Hi all, Im studying rhcsa as of now, so yum installation and dependencies are messing me to not workit out. i have dual os, win 7 & rhel 6. i have tried this installation of vsftpd package with rhel 6 dvd in VM rhel 6 in win 7 as well as host rhel 6.still the same issue. below error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: redhatlbug
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

RHEL 6 :: update to GLIBCXX_3.4.19 ??

Hi., I have RHEL 6 update 7, however latest GLIBC version is 13 i.e as shown below, is there any known steps to update to GLIBCXX_3.4.19 ? Yes RHEL 7 has but is there any chance to add in RHEL 6 ? $ strings /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6 | grep GLIBCXX GLIBCXX_3.4 GLIBCXX_3.4.1 GLIBCXX_3.4.2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alnhk
1 Replies
RHN-PROFILE-SYNC(8)						   Red Hat, Inc.					       RHN-PROFILE-SYNC(8)

NAME
rhn-profile-sync - Update system information on Spacewalk server. SYNOPSIS
rhn-profile-sync [options] DESCRIPTION
rhn-profile-sync is a client program that connects to "Spacewalk Server", "Red Hat Satellite" or "Red Hat Network Classic" and refreshes the data stored for this system. rhn-profile-sync updates data about installed packages, machine hardware, and virtual guest instances (if virtualization is enabled). OPTIONS
-v, --verbose Increase the debugging output. --proxy=PROXY Specify an http proxy to use. --proxyUser=PROXYUSER Specify a username to use for an authenticated proxy. This option must be used in conjunction with proxyPassword. --proxyPassword=PROXYPASSWORD Specify a password to use for an authenticated proxy. This option must be used in conjunction with proxyUser. --version Show the program's version number and exit. -h, --help Show a help message and exit. FILES
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date The common configuration file used by RHN client programs. SEE ALSO
rhn_check(8), rhn_register(8), rhnreg_ks(8), rhnsd(8), up2date(5). AUTHORS
See the AUTHORS file included with this software. This manual page was written by James Bowes <jbowes@redhat.com> BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1999-2010 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Linux 2010 August 30 RHN-PROFILE-SYNC(8)