Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Get latest update for RHEL systems Post 302882291 by Darshan Parab on Monday 6th of January 2014 03:29:16 AM
Old 01-06-2014
Get latest update for RHEL systems

Hi all,

I want to get latest package updates for my RHEL systems. I don't any account with RHN so that I can get updates from there. All I'm interested in knowing is that is it possible to get package updates without registering with RHN. And If yes then how. I have read about RHN satellite and RHN proxy. Got really confused. I'll be really thankful if someone can help me out with this.

Thanks...

Darshan

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I update a file on 50 systems at once?

I need to update a file that is on 50 different systems at once. In case of planned network outages I would like to overwrite or lock a monitoring script so that it doesn't send notifications. I thought of using a script that ftp 's the updated file to all 50 systems, and then overwrites the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: darthur
11 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to update RHEL

Hi, i am using RHEL 4.0 ES i want to reinstall all software + kernal from distribution pack, because i think some of software get corrupted. like yum/up2date throwing library error. so i want to reinstall them from pack. what option to do same direct from CD. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonirajesh
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how can i know the latest update packages i have installed on solaris 9 ???

i want to know the update packages that i have installed on my solaris 9 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MONMON
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

Apache,php,mysql, and jdk 1.6 update 20 installation on RHEL 5.5

I want to install Apache (version 2.2.X), php (version 5.3.X),mysql (version 5.5.X) on RHEL 5.5. Guide re. site address for download all rpm. X = latest version. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasdaax
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Does RHEL 5 provide a command to collect RHEL system log in single compress file?

Hi, I heard a command that can collect all RHEL 5 log in a single compress file before I forget. Does any body know...What the command is ? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnnnnnine
4 Replies

6. AIX

AIX 7.1 TL update -> only latest or one by one?

Hi, I'm about to update a 7.1 box from 7100-00-03-1115 to the latest level 7100-02-01-1245. Question: do I have to install all steps between them or can I just download the latest level and do a update_all? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: iso
8 Replies

7. Red Hat

Error throwing while installing vsftpd package in rhel 6. using rhel 6 dvd.

Hi all, Im studying rhcsa as of now, so yum installation and dependencies are messing me to not workit out. i have dual os, win 7 & rhel 6. i have tried this installation of vsftpd package with rhel 6 dvd in VM rhel 6 in win 7 as well as host rhel 6.still the same issue. below error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: redhatlbug
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

RHEL 6 :: update to GLIBCXX_3.4.19 ??

Hi., I have RHEL 6 update 7, however latest GLIBC version is 13 i.e as shown below, is there any known steps to update to GLIBCXX_3.4.19 ? Yes RHEL 7 has but is there any chance to add in RHEL 6 ? $ strings /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6 | grep GLIBCXX GLIBCXX_3.4 GLIBCXX_3.4.1 GLIBCXX_3.4.2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alnhk
1 Replies
SPACEWALK-CHANNEL(8)						   Red Hat, Inc.					      SPACEWALK-CHANNEL(8)

NAME
spacewalk-channel - Subscribe to or unsubscribe system from channel. SYNOPSIS
spacewalk-channel [options] DESCRIPTION
spacewalk-channel allows you to subscribe to and unsubscribe from specified channels via the command line. A visit to the Red Hat Network (or Spacewalk) website isn't required. OPTIONS
-l, --list Print a list of channel(s) that you are currently subscribed to. -L, --available-channels Print a list of all available child channels. -a, --add You are subscribing system to given channel(s). You have to specify --user and --password. -r, --remove You are unsubscribing system to given channel(s). You have to specify --user and --password. -u, --user Your username used to register the system with and for Red Hat Network, RHN Satellite or Spacewalk. If you do not enter this option and it is required, you will be prompted. -p, --password The password associated with the username specified with the --user option. This is an unencrypted password. If you do not enter this option and it is required, you will be prompted. -c, --channel Label of channel you want to subscribe to or unsubscribe from. Can be specified multiple times. -v, --verbose Print out successfull action. -h, --help Show a help message and exit. NOTE
The addition and removal of channels is mutually exclusive, please use the command twice. EXAMPLES
Subscribe to two channels: spacewalk-channel --add -c rhn-tools-rhel-i386-server-5 -c rhel-i386-server-vt-5 --user username --password password Unsubscribe from channel: spacewalk-channel --remove -c rhn-tools-rhel-i386-server-5 -c rhel-i386-server-vt-5 --user username --password password List subscribed channels: spacewalk-channel --list SEE ALSO
rhnplugin(8), rhn_register(8), up2date(5). AUTHORS
Miroslav Suchy <msuchy@redhat.com> BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009-2010 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Linux 2010 August 30 SPACEWALK-CHANNEL(8)