Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Vbseo removal
Top Forums Web Development Vbseo removal Post 302882247 by atcspaul on Sunday 5th of January 2014 01:19:54 PM
Old 01-05-2014
thanks neo guess I need to do some more research. as I said vbseo left a really bad taste and was a total nightmare for me for many years and finally got where enough was enough. besides it happening each vacation each time of course you had to update your contract to get the updates to protect your site. I have been reading about dragonbyte and they actually wanted me to reinstall vbseo and then they work off that. trust factor is not their. I actually believe a lot of the exploits with vbseo were initiated by them to get people to renew, not positive on this but I always wondered, I have never been hit with any of the vbulletin exploits and got every single one of the vbseo exploits just before they announced them

BESTUPS(8)						      Network UPS Tools (NUT)							BESTUPS(8)

NAME
bestups - Driver for Best Power / SOLA (Phoenixtec protocol) UPS equipment NOTE
This man page only documents the hardware-specific features of the bestups driver. For information about the core driver, see nutups- drv(8). SUPPORTED HARDWARE
bestups was designed to monitor Best Power UPS hardware like the Fortress, Fortress Telecom, and Patriot Pro. It also recognizes and sup- ports SOLA units such as the 520 and 620. Other UPS hardware using the Phoenixtec protocol should also work, but they will generate a warning since their battery information is not known. This driver does not support some older Best/SOLA units. Try the bestfort driver if this one does not detect your UPS. EXTRA ARGUMENTS
This driver does not support any extra settings in the ups.conf(5). BUGS
The battery percentage is derived from the voltage data that the UPS returns, since the UPS doesn't return that value directly. On some hardware, the charge will remain at 100% for a long time and then drops quickly shortly before the battery runs out. You can confirm from the BATTVOLT readings that this is a problem with the UPS and not this driver. Similarly, the float from the charger in some models forces the battery charge percentage back up to 100% immedately after the UPS goes back on-line, so you can't tell when it is really recharged. Finally, some models give one value for the battery's nominal voltage and yet actually have a nominal voltage slightly below that. This leads to things such as the perpetual 98.7% charge on the author's Fortress 750, even when it's been charging for weeks. AUTHOR
Russell Kroll SEE ALSO
The core driver: nutupsdrv(8) Internet resources: The NUT (Network UPS Tools) home page: http://www.exploits.org/nut/ NUT mailing list archives and information: http://lists.exploits.org/ Tue Jul 30 2002 BESTUPS(8)